• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Reading Match Thread

What will the result be against Reading?

• Swans win

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Reading win

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hugely frustrating - missed chances galore, we need that clinical striker in front of goal still

Palmer was awful as is Gyokeres - they added nothing to us and we looked less likely scoring when those changes were made

A good performance but two points dropped

Itchysphincter said:
Don’t get the hate for Palmer. He’s been decent for us, better than I expected. I’d take him on a permanent.

I like him but he was abysmal when he came on

I'm gutted after that. I feel like I should be happy about the performance, but I'm just gutted that we didn't take 3 points. We created chances, their keeper pulled off some cracking saves.

It's a cliché but it was 'one of those days' sadly.

Points dropped without a doubt. Excellent approach play, but Reading defended well in all fairness. Its blatantly obvious we don't handle too well trying to breaking teams down, something we gonna have to deal with now lot more.
But probably the most one sided 0-0 I've seen for a while.

Didn't lose was the main thing reading are gonna be there or there about when they get players back

BLAZE said:
Itchysphincter said:
Don’t get the hate for Palmer. He’s been decent for us, better than I expected. I’d take him on a permanent.

I like him but he was abysmal when he came on

Yeah generally I think Palmer is ok, gives us some strength and height in the middle, but today he was shocking. I'd even go so far as saying he nearly lost us the game with the way he kept giving away possession and free kicks.

Absolutely battered them.
On another night we would have scored 2 or 3 but c'est la vie. Sign a goal scorer in January and these draws will turn into wins.

We can be proud of our dominance tonight even if we're frustrated by the result.

Two points dropped but a good performance, we are a very good side and I’m confident we’ll still be there in the latter stages of the season.

Come on, was all us today, just a bad day at the office. completely dominated a promotion contender

Rate the players

Rate the player performances from tonight's game

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/2020/12/30/swansea-v-reading-player-ratings/

Itchysphincter said:

He was pisspoor tonight...and that is all I've commented on.

Match Report

Tonight's match report now online for you to enjoy

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/2020/12/30/swansea-0-reading-0/

Cooper made that easy for Reading with his late subs.
Palmer a poorer version of Smith likewise Vik for Lowe. Also too late.
Sit back and wait to be told we are 3rd and it was another clean sheet.

BLAZE said:
Tonight has demonstrated what we're lacking. Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford dig out wins and score late goals. We battered Reading tonight but didn't have the killer instinct. The last 15 minutes, after we made the subs was totally impotent. Dhanda should've come on, no question

Chuck in Bennett's injury and I'm feeling pessimistic tonight

It's a stupid game.

Yep. Reading have to be more pleased than us with that. Guehi and Ayew should have made that a comfortable win. As you say, throw in Bennett’s injury and that’s not the best night. The performance after 20 mins and before the subs was pretty good though. And another clean sheet is also positive.

Reading-Action-3.jpg

Let's hope the Bennett injury isn't too bad

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back