• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Watford Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Watford win

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
monmouth said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
Utter clown and the most plastic of plastics. You only support us when we're winning. The first to hurl abuse, we're glad you won't be returning to the Liberty as you pronounced.

Stick to your pubic sector, reMoanmouth agenda - it's far more you.

Yeah, plastic since 1969, 🤣

ps arsehole, I haven't been public sector since 1985 and I saw public sector guys do a fabulous job, far more talented than most of the private sector dickheads I managed. I have been on three boards of top 10 bluechip companies though. Your turn, Mr Rockefeller. Oh and my wife is public sector as a nurse... what scum she must be eh?

Now stop stalking me and get back to your bedsit and suck off DGT, fantasy boys.

Clownshoe'd imbecile. See, I can do it too.

The biggest areshole here is the one one that shows its colours, you dumb fuk. You clearly know nothing of the art jousting in the real world.

There is no way on earth, nay planet(swans) that you have been on three boards of top 10 blue chip companies. Anybody that has been on three boards of top10 blue chip companies wouldn't be so twatterly daft to say so on a public football fans forum, you clown.

Such an amateur, such the clown. And you make your wife go out and earn the crust, kids too no doubt. Proper underachiever, proper plastic, proper gobby Moaning Moanmouth from the shire of Moaners, Monmouthshire.

Malvernjack said:
2 premier league experienced strikers but both carrying a bit of excess weight to my eyes. I admire Deeney a lot for his honesty and how he conducts himself off pitch, but as their supposed talisman he had zero influence on the game today, which is serious credit to our guys.

Deeney has looked a tad chunky for a few seasons now to be fair, I wouldn't say the same for Gray though.
Naughton would have been first reserve centre half if everyone was available i guess so that shows the depth we have in defence.

matt grimes is electric, well done lads, not many questioning the captains personality or performance over xmas period, good win, even cooper seems to have almost been accepted as having some clue about football coaching, could be to do with no crowds and being able to hear him coach during the game, only one sub used today and ayew didnt score, a well drilled performance after a dissapointing draw against the early leaders reading fc and a reshuffled defence

Malvernjack said:
2 premier league experienced strikers but both carrying a bit of excess weight to my eyes. I admire Deeney a lot for his honesty and how he conducts himself off pitch, but as their supposed talisman he had zero influence on the game today, which is serious credit to our guys.

Really Troy Deeney?

Extended highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6K7jjGarQ

JAMAL LOWE TARGETING MORE "SCRAPPY" GOALS

Source: Swansea Official Site

Jamal Lowe has set his sights on more “scrappy” goals after his brace sent Swansea City up to second in the Championship courtesy of a 2-1 win over Watford.

Steve Cooper’s side came from behind at the Liberty Stadium to clinch victory as the Swans started 2021 off on a winning note.

Despite falling behind to Tom Cleverley’s strike, the Swans were back on level terms just before the break as Lowe collected Korey Smith’s pass before curling his effort past Ben Foster and in off the post.

The hosts were rewarded for their efforts when Lowe nodded home Smith’s perfect cross from close range to complete their comeback.

It was a sixth goal in as many games for Lowe, who took his tally for the season up to eight.

And the 26-year-old was delighted with the manner of his goals – but more so the latter strike.

“My second one was more of a striker's goal,” said Lowe.

“Those are the types of goals that I want to add to my game. Not every goal can be nice on the eye – you’ve got to score some scrappy ones. You appreciate the nice ones even more but, for me, the goals like the second one are where you add up your numbers. You get in the six-yard box and you have a chance to score.

“Obviously, moving from the wing to up front - it's in my head to make sure I'm doing that side and not trying to score fancy goals. The tap-ins, the headers, the bobblers - you must have those to get results.

“I scored a nice goal that I'd love to score every week and one that's less appealing on the eye, but I'll take that every week, all day long.

“More goals is always a target of mine. I'm just looking to get as many as physically possible and win as many games. If I don't score another goal this season and we get promoted then happy days.”

Watford%209.jpg

Wilmot: “We Should Have Kicked On”

Source: Watford official site

The Hornets needed to push on after taking the lead against Swansea City according to Ben Wilmot, rather than taking their foot off the gas and allowing the high-flying hosts to stage a comeback.

Watford started in South Wales as they left off against Norwich City on Boxing Day, but Tom Cleverley’s opening strike was cancelled out by two from Jamal Lowe which ultimately left the visitors pointless.

“I’m frustrated, it felt like we got off to a good start, played some decent football and got a good early goal,” said Wilmot.

“It felt like we stopped playing a bit towards the end of the first half and invited some pressure when we should have kicked on after going ahead, so it’s disappointing.”

The centre-half spent last season on loan with the Swans, so could have had extra motivation to impress against his old teammates, but insisted all focus was on getting more points on the table for Watford’s promotion ambitions.

“I give my all every game, regardless of who it’s against,” he said.

“I felt like there was maybe more of a want to win today but in terms of personal effort I don’t think I put in any more effort today than I have in previous games.

“I just wanted to make sure I worked hard and did what I could do for the team to help us try to win this game.”

Wilmot is itching to set things right with a victory in the next Championship outing against Huddersfield Town in two weeks’ time, but before that lies an FA Cup tie at Manchester United.

“We’re by no means disregarding next weekend, it’s a very important game for us and we feel like we’ve got a decent enough team to go on the sort of run we did the other year,” said the 21-year-old.

“We’re going to go there with confidence and we’re going to put effort into that game. Once that’s out of the way we can focus on Huddersfield.

“We’ve got a point to prove against Huddersfield after what happened the other week, we’ll be desperate to get three points then, especially after today’s result.”

CO1_3529-featured_image.jpg

Considering all the fan-boy comments Wilmot was getting from Swans fans last season I can honestly say my assessment of him was spot on ... anonymous yesterday.
I haven't trawled back over the comments but so apologies if I'm repeating but between them Manning and Bidwell really stepped up yesterday, Bidwell especially.

Over on the Watford message board Deeney, Gray and the Chairman are getting slaughtered and not one post praising us, sour tw*ts

KarlHRummenigge said:
monmouth said:
Yeah, plastic since 1969, 🤣

ps arsehole, I haven't been public sector since 1985 and I saw public sector guys do a fabulous job, far more talented than most of the private sector dickheads I managed. I have been on three boards of top 10 bluechip companies though. Your turn, Mr Rockefeller. Oh and my wife is public sector as a nurse... what scum she must be eh?

Now stop stalking me and get back to your bedsit and suck off DGT, fantasy boys.

Clownshoe'd imbecile. See, I can do it too.

The biggest areshole here is the one one that shows its colours, you dumb fuk. You clearly know nothing of the art jousting in the real world.

There is no way on earth, nay planet(swans) that you have been on three boards of top 10 blue chip companies. Anybody that has been on three boards of top10 blue chip companies wouldn't be so twatterly daft to say so on a public football fans forum, you clown.

Such an amateur, such the clown. And you make your wife go out and earn the crust, kids too no doubt. Proper underachiever, proper plastic, proper gobby Moaning Moanmouth from the shire of Moaners, Monmouthshire.

I'm not sticking up for Monny here, I'm sure he is more than capable of fighting his own battles. So instead of trading insults, how about concentrating on what was a great result yesterday and so far what has been a very good season. Agree to disagree and realise that everyone has an opinion that they are entitled to and allowed to express?

Dan_Swan said:
I'm not sticking up for Monny here, I'm sure he is more than capable of fighting his own battles. So instead of trading insults, how about concentrating on what was a great result yesterday and so far what has been a very good season. Agree to disagree and realise that everyone has an opinion that they are entitled to and allowed to express?

Aye 🤣, sorry everyone - Del Boy had a babycham and I triggered him'. Thick twunt.

I only bite when I'm very bored. I'll ignore him in future.

RYAN MANNING | IT CAME OUT OF THE BLUE, BUT I WAS READY TO GO

He may not have expected to be in the starting line-up, but Ryan Manning was delighted to play his part in an important Swansea City win after getting the late call to feature against Watford.

The Republic of Ireland was originally named among the substitutes for the clash with the Hornets but, when Joel Latibeaudiere suffered a calf problem in the warm-up, he was promoted to the starting XI.

He completed his final warm-up just before his team-mates emerged from the tunnel to take the field alongside him.

Manning fitted in at left wing-back, with Jake Bidwell shuffling inside to centre-back, and the pair linked well as the Swans contained the threat of Ismaila Sarr while also causing a fair few problems of their own down that side.

And, while Manning’s final moments of preparation may not have been the norm, he was chomping at the bit to make the most of his second start following his move from Queens Park Rangers, and felt the Swans’ performance highlighted the work done with the whole squad by the coaching team.

“I was out taking free-kicks with Michael Eames with a few minutes until kick-off,” said Manning of the late call.

“It was a strange one, but I think it was one of those where you’ve warmed up, you know things like that can happen.

“It was a close turnaround but it was just a case of get ready, get your kit on and get out there and do what I am here to do.

“It was a bit strange already being on the pitch when the rest of the lads came out of the tunnel, but you have to always be prepared and it was a good result, and that is the main thing.

“We are all there to be ready, we all train, we all have to be on our mettle and pay attention to the preparation so we can be ready if things like that happen.

“We all came together and got the result, I have been waiting for the opportunity, and it felt great to be part of a result and a performance like that.

“We are where we want to be at the turn of the year.”

Ryan%20Manning%20Watford%202.jpg

STEVE COOPER BOOSTED BY MORGAN GIBBS-WHITE'S RETURN

Steve Cooper believes Morgan Gibbs-White’s return from injury will provide Swansea City with a timely boost as they enter the second half of the season.

The on-loan Wolves midfielder made his comeback from three months out with a fractured foot as a late substitute in the win over Watford, and immediately showed his quality in helping the Swans manage the closing stages.

The 20-year-old had made an impressive start to his loan spell before injury struck, and head coach Cooper is confident Gibbs-White will make an impact as he builds up fitness and game time.

“With Morgan coming back, it’s brilliant for him and brilliant for us,” said the Swansea boss.

“It’s great that we got him on the pitch so soon in his return - albeit only 10 minutes - but he’s only going to get stronger and get more minutes for us.

“He played four league games and the League Cup game and started the season brilliantly.

“He was full of confidence; he hadn't played a run of games like that for a few years.

“I was gutted for him because I know how important it is for him as well as us to get a run of games, but he's back now and we've got to look forward. He will give us a boost, I'm sure.”

Morgan%20Gibbs-White%20Watford.jpg

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back