• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Watford Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Watford win

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CurtessECarr said:
Best performance of the season considering the opposition and falling behind to a top team.

And another good positive to mention, Watford have never lost a game from going behind.

Cheers Phil😁👍

Manselton Jack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
You're far too boring, a bit thick and one-dimensional to bother with. Wallow in chav-dom in outer Benidorm. (you will though no doubt get called out by others when you cringingly attempt a show-off when dining out on chips and aldi olives at tea time)

When you find the plot be sure to let us know.

Wherever it is, I'm sure his marbles will probably be there too.

Fireboy said:
CurtessECarr said:
Best performance of the season considering the opposition and falling behind to a top team.

And another good positive to mention, Watford have never lost a game from going behind this.

Cheers Phil😁👍

Don't worry, I've edited it for you :D

And another good positive to mention, Watford have never lost a game from going ahead this.

karnataka said:
Fireboy said:
And another good positive to mention, Watford have never lost a game from going behind this.

Cheers Phil😁👍

Don't worry, I've edited it for you :D

And another good positive to mention, Watford have never lost a game from going ahead this.

Edited K 😁

Swanjaxs said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
He does my head in. The times he gives the ball away too drives me nuts. He’s obviously quality, but he’s not the player he was. I think his legs have gone a bit - there’s no pace there now and he’s lost his leap. He used to win everything in the air, but rarely does now. He’s still better than most in this league though, and his experience shows like at the end there keeping the ball up by the corner flag. I just think he’s lost his mojo a bit.

Can't agree with the heading part, both attacking and whe defending the front of our six yard box from corners he wins most, but yes, definitely needs a rest.

Attacking, he's nowhere near as reliable an outball in the air as he used to be imo. Defensively yes, he's still doing a good job. I'm probably being overly critical and I'm not sure why he frustrates me so much. I don't know whether it's because he gets so hyped or I'm expecting him to be as effective as he used to be. He's still a tryer and a good player though, no doubting that.

A4Jack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
You're far too boring, a bit thick and one-dimensional to bother with. Wallow in chav-dom in outer Benidorm. (you will though no doubt get called out by others when you cringingly attempt a show-off when dining out on chips and aldi olives at tea time)

Wow what a cock you are. I work for the council. Whatcha got for me big boy

Well you can scrub out the double yellow lines all around the Liberty for starters. And keep those little Hitler traffic wardens away :lol:

STEVE COOPER | IT WAS A BRILLIANT PERFORMANCE

Source: Swansea Official Site

Steve Cooper hailed a “brilliant” performance from Swansea City as they came from behind to beat Watford and start 2021 with a bang.

Jamal Lowe was at the double for the Swans as they climbed to second in the table courtesy of an excellent showing where they bossed the majority of proceedings against a Hornets side boasting a number of players who featured for them in the Premier League last term.

The hosts also overcame the loss of Joel Latibeaudiere to injury in the warm-up, with Ryan Manning coming into the side and Jake Bidwell moving to centre-half.

And Cooper could not hide his delight at an ideal start to the new year, as they moved on from the frustration of being unable to find a winner against Reading.

“I think it was the right result and it was the consequence of a brilliant performance,” he said.

“I thought we were by far the superior team. We gave up a bit of territory late on but that’s normal; that happens when there’s only a one-goal margin.

“I thought we were excellent, the idea was to really commit to playing with the ball today, we felt like we could build up from the back through their formation and find obvious spaces to play in and I’m just pleased that we got the goals from that.

“As well as we played, I’m really happy that we showed great character and resilience after going a goal down against the run of play. It didn’t faze us too much and we carried on as we were.

“It’s an excellent performance and I’m really pleased that we’ve won playing like that because of the other night. We were just as good against Reading, but I think we could still be playing now and it would still be 0-0.

“I’m pleased for the players because they got what they deserved.”

Muñoz: “Our Style Is Growing”

Source: Watford Official Site

Xisco Muñoz has already experienced great highs and crushing lows in his time at Watford but at least took some encouragement from the response of his players in South Wales.

The Hornets were full of fight in the second half as they searched for an equaliser against Swansea City and were visibly frustrated at full-time that their efforts did not reap any reward.

“The team had personality, played with passion, had good chances,” said Muñoz.

“We had good things and we will continue, we know what our mistakes are, we know what our job is, I’m sure we are growing up day by day.

“I liked the reaction of the guys, when we conceded the second goal you could see our personality and we took responsibility.”

The Swans were always going to provide a tough test, boasting the league’s best defence and an in-form striker in Jamal Lowe who now has six goals in six.

Steve Cooper’s side are now up to second and Muñoz admitted losing to promotion rivals was a kick in the teeth but will use this as motivation going forward.

“In all the games it’s a problem when you lose, but of course when you play against a team in a similar position it’s worse for you,” said the Head Coach.

“Nobody said it would be easy, everyone knows in front of us we had a good team. But we will continue, I’m sure we will be angry, we will continue working. I like when I come in the dressing room and everyone is sad because they wanted to win.”

Growth and progression are key for Muñoz, who will now quickly move on to prepare for the FA Cup tie at Manchester United and then a return to Championship action against Huddersfield.

“Tomorrow we will start another week, we will work very hard and give the maximum for the next game,” he said.

“We know we have mistakes but our style is growing because the Championship is long. We are Watford, we have very good players in our team, but we need time to work. I’ve been here two weeks and I think together we can do good things.”

SWANSEA CITY VS WATFORD | HIVE LIVE EXTRA | ADAM MASINA REFLECTS ON A DIFFICULT RESULT IN WALES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYd0J11gmg

Pegojack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
Utter clown and the most plastic of plastics. You only support us when we're winning. The first to hurl abuse, we're glad you won't be returning to the Liberty as you pronounced.

Stick to your pubic sector, reMoanmouth agenda - it's far more you.

Has your mam forgotten to give you your tablet this evening, Karl?

As a final call-out to highlight what an utterly discriminatory and self centred person you are Mikey - you seem to take great pleasure out of the fact you think I have mental health issues and look to always take take the Mick, always.

I mean, what type of low life tries his best to take the piss out of someone he thinks has mental health issues and does his best to encourage other low lifes to do the same. And of course some of the hapless twats jumped on that bandwagon. Filth. Worse than racists. Proper pond life, mouthbreathers as you like to call them.

KarlHRummenigge said:
Pegojack said:

As a final call-out to highlight what an utterly discriminatory and self centred person you are Mikey - you seem to take great pleasure out of the fact you think I have mental health issues and look to always take take the Mick, always.

I mean, what type of low life tries his best to take the piss out of someone he thinks has mental health issues and does his best to encourage other low lifes to do the same. And of course some of the hapless twats jumped on that bandwagon. Filth. Worse than racists. Proper pond life, mouthbreathers as you like to call them.

Awwww, going for the sympathy vote now, Karl? All hurt and vulnerable. You'd have a bit more credibility if you weren't such an obnoxious, aggressive bast*rd in all your other posts, lovely boy! 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣
I don't 'think' you've got mental health issues, Karl, it's as clear as day you're a Grade A psychotic lunatic.

exiledclaseboy said:
KarlHRummenigge said:
Slip of the tongue there - Moanmouth, and Pubic sector. Keep up, mun

Dear god, not another Pubic Sectorist surely ??

This could be fun

Into my third decade In HM Home Civil Service, my friend. Anyway, great win today.

Steady on showing off on here (kinell, 30 yrs man and boy of underachievement). Doubt you want all those civil servant lackeys seeing though you're deepest and darkest internet persona. Esp in Clase of all places, boy.

KarlHRummenigge said:
Pegojack said:

Well you dont do yourself any favours do you.

Any chance the crap could be moved to its own thread so the matchday one can be kept for what was an excellent win for the team today

After all surely that makes us all happy?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back