• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

What will the result be against QPR?

• Swans win

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • QPR win

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bakajack said:
It was a tough watch - it certainly felt like a dead rubber match with many of the team while not already on the beach were certainly in the middle of booking their flights there.

The defending was at times comical and Fisher's refusal to come out and claim crosses certainly adds significant pressure onto the defenders who are already lacking aerial presence with the injury to Cabango and later in the game Lati. I can only assume it is being coached into him not to come out but without aerial dominance we have to rely on our keeper to deal with pressure balls put into the box.

I wasn’t sure when Latti went down that he was gutted at being injured or gutted that he might have to miss his holiday to go for a scan. It certainly felt like they were half on the beach. QPR as well; it was far from a classic.

dickythorpe said:
Mediocre.
If we keep Martin as gaffer we are toast.

No one fears us.

This, in a nutshell.

Thing is, we won’t get relegated under Martin. We just won’t achieve anything better than midtable.

So if fans are happy with floating around 11th-14th every season with the occasional good performance then Martin is our man.

But sorry. The “we beat Cardiff trophy” isn’t good enough for me. I loved it when their fans were crying because we were busy beating Man U and Arsenal in the big boy’s league whilst they were struggling against the likes of Reading and QPR.

Roger said:
dickythorpe said:
Mediocre.
If we keep Martin as gaffer we are toast.

No one fears us.

This, in a nutshell.

Thing is, we won’t get relegated under Martin. We just won’t achieve anything better than midtable.

So if fans are happy with floating around 11th-14th every season with the occasional good performance then Martin is our man.

But sorry. The “we beat Cardiff trophy” isn’t good enough for me. I loved it when their fans were crying because we were busy beating Man U and Arsenal in the big boy’s league whilst they were struggling against the likes of Reading and QPR.

Fair, put don't you think lack of investment and always looking to "move on" any saleable asset is holding back any promotion push year after year?

Roger, there are some on here that applaud mediocrity.
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:
Wyndham Evans is a lovely fella I’ve met him several times and he was a fabulous player but who the f*ck keeps asking him back?

I’m with you on this. I honestly find him excruciating to listen to. Loved him as a player, and as you say, generally regarded as a lovely, lovely bloke, but I hate him on commentary.

It’s pitiful on times.

Bring back Leighton James

Umpiring these days.

Easier job than going purple discussing the swans.

We are in the shit with this manager and set up

dickythorpe said:
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.

I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are shit.

I’ve even been accused of being a Scum fan because people here don’t like the truth and think we’re building a Barcelona-type side.

I’ve got news for you all: we’re a million miles away from being promotion contenders let alone an established Premier League team.

Roger said:
dickythorpe said:
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.

I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are s**t.

I’ve even been accused of being a Scum fan because people here don’t like the truth and think we’re building a Barcelona-type side.

I’ve got news for you all: we’re a million miles away from being promotion contenders let alone an established Premier League team.

What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?

Swansea93 said:
Roger said:
I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are s**t.

What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?
We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.

Roger said:
Swansea93 said:

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
Daft comment from you....again.
Cooper was never gonna stay wether he was backed or not. He was pimping himself out long before the play off final.

Roger said:
Swansea93 said:

You really are deluded.... Cooper left because he didn't want to be here, nothing to do with the fans not liking him.

Roger said:
Swansea93 said:

Was Huw and Co ambitious? I don’t think so we spent next to nothing the season we went up, and had freebie Mark Gower from L1 which people are complaining about us being linked with players in that league now, Rodgers was a better manager despite being absolutely abysmal for Reading? Stop talking rubbish now Rog, Rodgers worked wonders here and it clicked having inherited a team that was built on similar foundations under Martinez and Sousa, Martin is building on Coopers abysmal football style, I guess your just not patient.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Roger said:

You really are deluded.... Cooper left because he didn't want to be here, nothing to do with the fans not liking him.

You’re all deluded as well. You think Russell is the next Pep Guardiola.

And my point still stands: you all wanted Cooper out when he got us to a playoff final. Yet Russell gets time because he makes us play the ball sideways for 90 minutes.

Swansea93 said:
Roger said:

Was Huw and Co ambitious? I don’t think so we spent next to nothing the season we went up, and had freebie Mark Gower from L1 which people are complaining about us being linked with players in that league now, Rodgers was a better manager despite being absolutely abysmal for Reading? Stop talking rubbish now Rog, Rodgers worked wonders here and it clicked having inherited a team that was built on similar foundations under Martinez and Sousa, Martin is building on Coopers abysmal football style, I guess your just not patient.
Nonsense. You keep your head in the sand and I’ll be a realist. That way, when we’re sitting in 15th after a few matches next season, I won’t be disappointed as I will already be prepared for it.

Why some of you accept a League One manager with zero history or evidence of improving a team is beyond me I swear mun.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back