• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City vs Reading FC Match Thread

What will the result be against Reading?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Reading win

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A4Jack said:
Probably most annoyed I've been all season.

Pathetic defending. Carroll rinsed us like Mitrovic, Solanke etc.

Third game in a week stuffed us again. Not using Whittaker and Obafemi stuffed us again.

Schoolboy all round and 1 point from 6 against Blackpool and Reading at home.

Not good today, not good at all

We’re dooooomed. 😁

Pentyrchjack said:
Self inflicted with 3 terrible defensive mistakes. Style over substance today.

Really started to see some green shoots in the past couple of months but today was shocking and naive.

We probably won't finish above 10th but the chances have been there to do so. Laird looks a shadow of the player he was, perhaps penalties turned down has shot his confidence.

Grimes poor as was Smith. Should have won it, shot ourselves in the foot. I like Naughton but we get shafted time after time against any strong striker in the centre, although Rhys Williams should not have been starting there. Would Caroll who hasn't played for a year get away from Cabango like a jet? Like fuck

monmouth said:
A4Jack said:
Probably most annoyed I've been all season.

Pathetic defending. Carroll rinsed us like Mitrovic, Solanke etc.

Third game in a week stuffed us again. Not using Whittaker and Obafemi stuffed us again.

Schoolboy all round and 1 point from 6 against Blackpool and Reading at home.

Not good today, not good at all

We’re dooooomed. 😁

Not saying that Mon I'm normally pretty balanced but that was embarrassing

A4Jack said:
monmouth said:
We’re dooooomed. 😁

Yeah, you can’t just switch off after scoring. Schoolboy stuff. Keep it tight for 10 mins and that’s a different game.

File under: Sh*t happens.

At least they've kept the pressure on Cardiff.

monmouth said:
A4Jack said:

Yeah, you can’t just switch off after scoring. Schoolboy stuff. Keep it tight for 10 mins and that’s a different game.

Exactly. Feel like an even bigger mug that I celebrated so wildly after Manning scored to see another strike straight under Hamer and in.

Should probably log off, too angry

I think we just beat ourselves. To concede straight after scoring is bad game management, to allow it to happen twice in a game is unforgivable. Throw in some keystone cops defending and we shouldn’t be surprised at the result. Much for Martin to think about this evening

A4Jack said:
Pentyrchjack said:
Self inflicted with 3 terrible defensive mistakes. Style over substance today.

Really started to see some green shoots in the past couple of months but today was shocking and naive.

We probably won't finish above 10th but the chances have been there to do so. Laird looks a shadow of the player he was, perhaps penalties turned down has shot his confidence.

Grimes poor as was Smith. Should have won it, shot ourselves in the foot. I like Naughton but we get shafted time after time against any strong striker in the centre, although Rhys Williams should not have been starting there. Would Caroll who hasn't played for a year get away from Cabango like a jet? Like f**k

This. Martin may not like the way Cabango plays it forward but he’s a good defender who needs a run of games to build confidence. Seems to have plenty of patience with Cullen though and had very little with Whittaker from the start.

God, frustrating beyond belief.
It really was possible for this to be a 9 point week and we’ve ended up with 4.

Malvernjack said:
God, frustrating beyond belief.
It really was possible for this to be a 9 point week and we’ve ended up with 4.

It'll be the story of the season. Think people underestimate the potential in this squad and we should be 10 points better off just with the 5 pissed away this week and more along the way.

It's a learning journey but fuck me it's frustrating tonight as no doubt it will be

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Baffling how reading are so low down the table.

Not really, as they’re poor. And have had 6 points deducted.

God that was painful watching today. That’s twice this week we’ve bored me sh*tless. So, so slow.

What was the tactical approach that we employed for the last fifteen mins or so? Flynn Downes appeared to be playing centre half and Naughton was in a much more advanced position, in fact he was so far advanced up the other end of the pitch I couldn’t easily pick him out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back