• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City vs Reading FC Match Thread

What will the result be against Reading?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Reading win

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who had the benefit of TV replays, what was the offside situation for our disallowed goal and Carroll’s goal?

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Baffling how reading are so low down the table.

Not really, as they’re poor. And have had 6 points deducted.

God that was painful watching today. That’s twice this week we’ve bored me sh*tless. So, so slow.

Yeah I'd forgotten about the points deducted... We were poor today they was business like.

Cooperman said:
For those who had the benefit of TV replays, what was the offside situation for our disallowed goal and Carroll’s goal?

They never showed a decent replay of it so I assume they don't have one. He looked miles offside but there is a delay between seeing the ball kicked and panning to Carrol. If he was onside when the ball was kicked, our defenders were rooted.

The commentary team talked to a newspaper reporter who was inline and he believed he was onside.

ABSwan said:
Cooperman said:

They never showed a decent replay of it so I assume they don't have one. He looked miles offside but there is a delay between seeing the ball kicked and panning to Carrol. If he was onside when the ball was kicked, our defenders were rooted.

The commentary team talked to a newspaper reporter who was inline and he believed he was onside.

Our defence was rooted all afternoon, so I could well believe he beat the offside trap.

I think that RM has been honest and articulate in his post-match comments:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-it-feels-we-have-beaten-ourselves

Real headwork how that happened today. Seems the 3 game a week thing doesn't do for us. Slightly biased but really should have been 3 wins in a week. Anyone else think Laird has hit the wall ? Need him and his confidence back asap.
All said n done, was an emotional day....result irrelevant for me ( sorry guys) just nice to get back.

sainthelens said:
Real headwork how that happened today. Seems the 3 game a week thing doesn't do for us. Slightly biased but really should have been 3 wins in a week. Anyone else think Laird has hit the wall ? Need him and his confidence back asap.
All said n done, was an emotional day....result irrelevant for me ( sorry guys) just nice to get back.

Manning is far more threatening from the left at the moment than Laird is… Laird could do with a little rest but we don’t really have any back up

sainthelens said:

Yes saint, the result is irrelevant, as long you are all getting through it mate.

Laird definitely needs a rest. Completely devoid of confidence and a shadow of what he was a month or so ago.

Laird's been fine. Let's not pretend that he's been off form because of one bad game. Was only a week ago that we were all incensed because he didn't win two penalties.

Their defender had the measure of him today. It happens.

Dr. Winston said:
Laird's been fine. Let's not pretend that he's been off form because of one bad game. Was only a week ago that we were all incensed because he didn't win two penalties.

Their defender had the measure of him today. It happens.
Agree with all of that but would add that Laird's profile had been steadily rising over the last couple of months and he's now correctly recognised by opposition managers as a real danger so they are making sure he's well marked. The result is this is that Manning spent most of the game but eson the touchline with nobody within 20 yards of him but our game plan was still to get it to Laird.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back