• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Preston North End | The EFL championship | Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Preston win

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LeonWasTheDog's said:
I was talking about the 2nd question in the presser, when he was responding to the comment that we could have had 5 or 6. From about 2 minutes - https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_jx5fc4p0?feed=aea3593e-d736-4fa6-9568-33a9b300e46e&section=9db0e885-5f8f-4ad3-b0a1-8e4f6433724e

Seems to me he was being critical of us getting players up the pitch quickly and is talking about slowing the game down when we’re ahead (which makes sense, but also led to inviting pressure onto ourselves after the break). Maybe I am reading it wrong, but he literally talks about it being too quick and slowing it down to move the players up the pitch as a group, not breaking so we get 3 on 3s or 4 on 4s (which is when we were most dangerous imo).

The way I saw it, and I believe it was even mentioned in commentary, was that at one stage the game had become very open - and the fact of the matter is we can look very vulnerable when the game becomes very open. It's happened plenty this season. There comes a point, where, in order to maintain control of the game you have to move the whole team upfield together (and thereby the whole of the opposition back) and not force the game.

But again, to suggest that the players ever go against the plan, or take matters into their own hands - like they know better and there's some sort of mutiny - is complete nonsense.

The claim he's lost the dressing room has been mooted numerous times throughout the season but I've never seen anything to believe it

According to Sky Sports News, “Preston’s Bambo Diaby given 4 match ban after admitting violent conduct”

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back