• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Preston North End | The EFL championship | Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Preston win

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fabulous first half. Joe Allen difference class, such a shame he’s been a sicknote since he’s come back.
Another class act, and we’ll miss him big time, Joel Piroe, lovely touch for a big man, and a sweet left foot.
Cabango, Darling, Woods excellent.
Cooper and Grimes linked play a treat.
Manning, wtf is the constant falling down all about?
Is the earth spinning too fast, and he can’t cope with it or what?
Otherwise good job done, plus another assist.
The Fish looks more assured behind a back four.
Liam Cullen tries hard, and covered a lot of ground.
Playing him out wide, really?
Why not try Whittaker who has something about him? He has pace, knows where the goal is, assured on the ball, but the big but is, Martin has never rated him and will be gone.
A wasted opportunity.
Latibeaudiere was picked again.
I don’t know who had the worst touch on the ball, him or Obafemi.
I know Allen unfortunately can’t play 90 mins, but with only 3 games left, and with him orchestrating proceedings when your 3 up, why not leave him on as long as possible?
Never mind, he’s got a long rest now to recover for next season!
Overall, a great night’s entertainment!
6 goals, a 2 team punch up,2 sendings off,and a win against a talented team, but a bunch of whinging, cheating barstools, who twice kept the ball when we kicked it out for an injured player.
Good enough for them if we’ve feked up their playoff chances.

monmouth said:
Well that was different. If that’s how it’s going to be, then Russ in. Everything just felt so different.

Brilliant stuff.

I forgot we even had a game. Thats sad. My life used to revolve around the Swans.
I LOL when I saw this because I knew what happened. What always happens with Russ happened. Last night was us in a game. Crayzeee.
Things do feel different with Russ. Every 10 minutes or so.
There's no way we make the play offs. NO WAY. Zero.
I invoke the Spirit of 1988. Two games to go and we were midtable(or so it seemed)

I guess that makes Preston another one of the worst teams that’s been down here 🤣🤣

Uppafuckingswans.

Risc said:
When was this?

Sky sports news showed clips of the game and ruck on the line. Clear as daylight, how Russ didn't respond was commendable.

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
Fabulous first half. Joe Allen difference class, such a shame he’s been a sicknote since he’s come back.
Another class act, and we’ll miss him big time, Joel Piroe, lovely touch for a big man, and a sweet left foot.
Cabango, Darling, Woods excellent.
Cooper and Grimes linked play a treat.
Manning, wtf is the constant falling down all about?
Is the earth spinning too fast, and he can’t cope with it or what?
Otherwise good job done, plus another assist.
The Fish looks more assured behind a back four.
Liam Cullen tries hard, and covered a lot of ground.
Playing him out wide, really?
Why not try Whittaker who has something about him? He has pace, knows where the goal is, assured on the ball, but the big but is, Martin has never rated him and will be gone.
A wasted opportunity.
Latibeaudiere was picked again.
I don’t know who had the worst touch on the ball, him or Obafemi.
I know Allen unfortunately can’t play 90 mins, but with only 3 games left, and with him orchestrating proceedings when your 3 up, why not leave him on as long as possible?
Never mind, he’s got a long rest now to recover for next season!
Overall, a great night’s entertainment!
6 goals, a 2 team punch up,2 sendings off,and a win against a talented team, but a bunch of whinging, cheating barstools, who twice kept the ball when we kicked it out for an injured player.
Good enough for them if we’ve feked up their playoff chances.

Excellent resume
Fisher is still so weak
Whitaker's treatment has been vicious
He s truly persona non grata for Martin

This has been another wasted season

Too many points hired away when we have the talent to kill teams
The standard is appalling

Mount St Helens said:
Excellent resume
Fisher is still so weak
Whitaker's treatment has been vicious
He s truly persona non grata for Martin

This has been another wasted season

Too many points hired away when we have the talent to kill teams
The standard is appalling

But other than that, another great 3 points is it? 🤣🤣

You forgot that but.

Neath_Jack said:
But other than that, another great 3 points is it? 🤣🤣

You forgot that but.

It's all about points
Makes it all more poignant does it
Teams of cloggers like Preston above us
Luton and Millwall too
Most wanted RM to go only a few weeks back now they are treating him like Jesus
Football eh

ATB

Mount St Helens said:
It's all about points
Makes it all more poignant does it
Teams of cloggers like Preston above us
Luton and Millwall too
Most wanted RM to go only a few weeks back now they are treating him like Jesus
Football eh

ATB

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

When I think of all the points thrown away by his bad management this season, it makes me want to cry. The standard has been poor in the Championship this season, and we have a squad which would have been capable of challenging for the play-offs if......
Still, can you imagine us fluking it into the Premiership with THESE owners??? We'd be getting hiding after hiding every week.

Pegojack said:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

When I think of all the points thrown away by his bad management this season, it makes me want to cry. The standard has been poor in the Championship this season, and we have a squad which would have been capable of challenging for the play-offs if......
Still, can you imagine us fluking it into the Premiership with THESE owners??? We'd be getting hiding after hiding every week.

If it weaned us off the Silverstein et al teat, then I'd take a season of Nil Point.

Martin is an enigma right enough. He sent them out sleeping after half time as if the game was won, but so did Brenno in the play off final.

It's almost worth keeping him just to see the experiment through out of curiosity. I think we'll probably follow the same pattern under him forever. Plus the awful possibility of a new contract and another 49 games of Beaudy. At least Nola seems to have been binned...what's happened to him?

monmouth said:
If it weaned us off the Silverstein et al teat, then I'd take a season of Nil Point.

Martin is an enigma right enough. He sent them out sleeping after half time as if the game was won, but so did Brenno in the play off final.

It's almost worth keeping him just to see the experiment through out of curiosity. I think we'll probably follow the same pattern under him forever. Plus the awful possibility of a new contract and another 49 games of Beaudy. At least Nola seems to have been binned...what's happened to him?

In his post match interview he seemed to criticise the team for moving the ball forward too quickly in the first half. He obviously wants to keep things tight and under control at all times, but feck me if it wasn’t for the team going against orders we’d have missed out on our best half in a long time. Preston couldn’t cope with the pace.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
In his post match interview he seemed to criticise the team for moving the ball forward too quickly in the first half. He obviously wants to keep things tight and under control at all times, but feck me if it wasn’t for the team going against orders we’d have missed out on our best half in a long time. Preston couldn’t cope with the pace.

I think you're hearing things you want to hear in RM's comments. What he said was we didn't have enough of the ball, or enough control, in their half. Which was true. He also said that they came with such an aggressive press that once we bypassed that it was game on to try and score and to hurt them.

From those comments you think he's criticised the team for moving the ball forward too quickly?

It may not suit your narrative but if you think the team are going against orders, that's nonsense.

And another thing. I've just watched the highlights and it confirms what I thought, watching Preston's second goal live on ti'nternet last night.

Fisher is actually a hologram. He doesn't have a body.

The Preston player is forced wide and as he shapes up to shoot, Fisher comes forward and appears to be comfortably falling on and smothering the ball. The next second, it's rolling around the back of the net. WHAAAA??? How the feck did that happen?

monmouth said:

Motormouth, you must be the saddest poster on this site, have you ever experienced joy…second thoughts don’t answer that.

You must sit there with the remote in one hand and your phone in the other waiting for a mistake from one of the players to allow you to pursue your own personal agenda.

Have you ever been to a game, like thousands of others I was actually there last night and experienced the the euphoria of another win.

You should give it a try sometime… honestly it’s magic.

mrploppy said:
I think you're hearing things you want to hear in RM's comments. What he said was we didn't have enough of the ball, or enough control, in their half. Which was true. He also said that they came with such an aggressive press that once we bypassed that it was game on to try and score and to hurt them.

From those comments you think he's criticised the team for moving the ball forward too quickly?

It may not suit your narrative but if you think the team are going against orders, that's nonsense.

I was talking about the 2nd question in the presser, when he was responding to the comment that we could have had 5 or 6. From about 2 minutes - https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_jx5fc4p0?feed=aea3593e-d736-4fa6-9568-33a9b300e46e&section=9db0e885-5f8f-4ad3-b0a1-8e4f6433724e

Seems to me he was being critical of us getting players up the pitch quickly and is talking about slowing the game down when we’re ahead (which makes sense, but also led to inviting pressure onto ourselves after the break). Maybe I am reading it wrong, but he literally talks about it being too quick and slowing it down to move the players up the pitch as a group, not breaking so we get 3 on 3s or 4 on 4s (which is when we were most dangerous imo).

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back