• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Match Thread: The Swans v Sheffield Utd

What will the result be against Sheffield United

• Swans win

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sheffield United win

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I disagree, there is enough quality in our squad to push for a play off position, when your top goal scorer misses 3 chances, 1 being a sitter and the other two reasonable, and your 2nd top goal scorer is not on the pitch for whatever reason, you have problems.
It was hard to take that defeat last night, it was a very good performance by us and, apart from a suicidal decision to leave one defender at the back in the last minute, it was an excellent game of football.

In the main we have been painful to watch this season (Not just this season I will add) not last night overall I enjoyed the game. However it's points that count and I'm sure with a better manager we would have more. I just don't think he wants to see anything other than his way. Our lack of pace around the pitch is astonishing.

Lifelong said:
I disagree, there is enough quality in our squad to push for a play off position, when your top goal scorer misses 3 chances, 1 being a sitter and the other two reasonable, and your 2nd top goal scorer is not on the pitch for whatever reason, you have problems.
It was hard to take that defeat last night, it was a very good performance by us and, apart from a suicidal decision to leave one defender at the back in the last minute, it was an excellent game of football.

No chance we have enough to push for playoffs, we'll do well to stay up this season.

monmouth said:
The difference last night was a matter of fact wasn't it? When our player was one on one with the goalkeeper (Cooper), he made a hash of it, when theirs was, he put it away. Otherwise the game was very evenly balanced. Both sides missed one other glorious chance and a couple of decent ones.

They are a better side than us that are better drilled and coached. Having slept on it, I think we are in trouble if we keep the bullshitter, whatever style, formation or personnel we play. As someone else said, losing is a nasty habit that gets in your mind. The kindest thing you can say about last night is that they were trying to win the game at the end, but you simply must shut the back door. Naughton did look like he was caught to me on the telly, but I've no doubt he was looking to dive anyway. VAR would have given the foul there. The key thing is that there was absolutely no need to be in that position at all.

Fine margins isn't it. Have a Michu up top and you're sorted. Have an Eder and you're fked. There's only Piroe who's got what it takes since Patterson semi-retired last Christmas, and he's not got going yet. Throw in a mistake a game at the back and no squad depth and we're in trouble.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back