• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Match Thread: The Swans v Sheffield Utd

What will the result be against Sheffield United

• Swans win

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sheffield United win

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mork said:
Oh for somebody that can drive forward with the ball, cut in from the wing, beat a man, cross the ball or heaven forbid, shoot.
Paterson and N’tcham aren’t doing it this calendar year.

Both wastes on the payroll along with Fisher, Ogbeta, Obafemi. All of which were signed under Martin.

Oh and add Darling to that now too.

Itchysphincter said:
Losing is a habit. Martin is toast, anything else is delaying the inevitable.

This. This is Martin's heritage let's not forget.

Out of his depth. Despite the spin. Because of the spin, maybe.

A4Jack said:
The fabled process is largely gone. Except when the players forget it's gone.

And Martin doesn't know how to play any other way and neither do the players. Oh and we're s**t at the back.

Naughton with all his experience did what Manning would do. It's obviously coached into them. How many times did our Ryan dive tonight?

Embarrassing all around. People seem happy we lost on Twitter. Thirty seven more games like that and they can be happy we lose in League One too

You're right.

Embarrassing is the operative word right now. Bet Martin Morgan is clenching right now.

Libertarian said:
And to think with 1 minute of injury time left, I was frustrated with a draw but had resigned myself to it.

Should have known better

I was feeling exactly the same lib, then naughton decided to fall over.

A4Jack said:
Mork said:
Oh for somebody that can drive forward with the ball, cut in from the wing, beat a man, cross the ball or heaven forbid, shoot.
Paterson and N’tcham aren’t doing it this calendar year.

Both wastes on the payroll along with Fisher, Ogbeta, Obafemi. All of which were signed under Martin.

Oh and add Darling to that now too.

Obafemi is a big lump. Can't control a ball half the time.

Joe Allen was a silly signing too. He's 47 years old and can't even run half the time.

I saw this on twitter so have lifted it word for word. Quite frankly this is sad beyond words.

Since Easter Monday we have conceded 90th minute goals on every weekday game we have played #Swans 🦢

Reading 4-4 (3-1 up)
Bournemouth 3-3 (3-0 up)
Oxford 2-2 (2-0 up)
Millwall 2-2 (2-0 up)
Stoke 1-1
Sheff U 0-1

Another equally sad tweet

If Swansea city didn’t concede any goals in the 90+ minutes this season we would currently be in the top 6…

TheLoneRanger said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
What about all the other times we've lost in the last minute, was that down to the opponent subs?

Brewster and their goal scorer Khadra , both subs - were the difference.

You didn't answer my question

The difference last night was a matter of fact wasn't it? When our player was one on one with the goalkeeper (Cooper), he made a hash of it, when theirs was, he put it away. Otherwise the game was very evenly balanced. Both sides missed one other glorious chance and a couple of decent ones.

They are a better side than us that are better drilled and coached. Having slept on it, I think we are in trouble if we keep the bullshitter, whatever style, formation or personnel we play. As someone else said, losing is a nasty habit that gets in your mind. The kindest thing you can say about last night is that they were trying to win the game at the end, but you simply must shut the back door. Naughton did look like he was caught to me on the telly, but I've no doubt he was looking to dive anyway. VAR would have given the foul there. The key thing is that there was absolutely no need to be in that position at all.

monmouth said:
The difference last night was a matter of fact wasn't it? When our player was one on one with the goalkeeper (Cooper), he made a hash of it, when theirs was, he put it away. Otherwise the game was very evenly balanced. Both sides missed one other glorious chance and a couple of decent ones.

They are a better side than us that are better drilled and coached. Having slept on it, I think we are in trouble if we keep the bullshitter, whatever style, formation or personnel we play. As someone else said, losing is a nasty habit that gets in your mind. The kindest thing you can say about last night is that they were trying to win the game at the end, but you simply must shut the back door. Naughton did look like he was caught to me on the telly, but I've no doubt he was looking to dive anyway. VAR would have given the foul there. The key thing is that there was absolutely no need to be in that position at all.

The biggest thing for me it's that if they had not scored and we had got a point it would still be only papering over the cracks. Between the manager and the poor quality of the squad we are a relegation team.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back