• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 22/23 The Official Swansea City v Cardiff City Match Thread

What will the result be against Cardiff City?

• Swans win

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Cardiff win

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the ref had spotted the handball and Obefami had concerted one of the numerous chances he had we could have won this 3 or 4 nil again.

Obefami from last season would have had a hat trick today, not taking anything away from him he had a good game but we spanked them again without trying too hard again.

Pacemaker said:
If the ref had spotted the handball and Obefami had concerted one of the numerous chances he had we could have won this 3 or 4 nil again.

Obefami from last season would have had a hat trick today, not taking anything away from him he had a good game but we spanked them again without trying too hard again.

Agreed on Obafemi. On the bright side, we're 4th in the table despite our 2 strikers not looking anywhere near as clinical as they were last season (2nd half of the season for Oba I suppose).

monmouth said:
I’m not confident

I honestly don’t think there’s that much between the teams now. A combined team would actually have players from both this year.

Well, fair dos, I was totally wrong about all of that.

They were embarrassing from start to finish.

Pacemaker said:

That sending off spoiled the game, it was simply too easy for us.

JackSomething said:
I'm going to keep banging this drum because I think it's so important, consistency. Last season it was a good run and feeling like we'd turned a corner and were looking up the table, then we'd have a poor run to follow it. Happened a good few times.

This year we've started poorly, then gone on a good run. Getting spanked at Burnley could have precipitated a collapse, but we've bounced back with 2 wins in a row.

4 of the 5 remaining games before the World Cup are away from home. As someone said earlier, 9 points from 15 would leave us in a great position.

I don't think that we're good enough to win 2 or 3, away games out of 4. So I'd be happy for us to get 5 points out of those 5 matches. Very happy to be proved wrong, of course.

Agree Lifey, I was not confident before the game, i thought everyone seemed a bit too confident, they started by playing to their strengths and O’Dowder caused a few problems, however once they had the red card it seemed damage limitation and try and nick something was their only plan.

I thought Joe Ralls was on the edge again with a few late tackles so i think a red card for them was inevitable, they all seemed a bit too wound up.

They had two tactics from the start. Goalie long kick to O'Doody on the left to nut it infield, or goalie pass to right back and hoof down the channel to a two or three man overload on the right. That was it, and it continued all game.

Anyways, are they still coming for us? I lose track.

JackSomething said:
Agreed on Obafemi. On the bright side, we're 4th in the table despite our 2 strikers not looking anywhere near as clinical as they were last season (2nd half of the season for Oba I suppose).

Obafemi this season is reminding me a hell of a lot of Jason Scotland. He almost seems happier if he's got to turn before getting a shot off rather than running onto a through ball. The goal today will hopefully do his confidence the world of good. He's doing everything else right. Getting into the positions he needs to be in, working his arse off otherwise.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back