• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Swans win

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pegojack said:
Patterson is a luxury player we can do without for me. OK, he has the occasional spectacular pass in him, but his shooting from distance is appalling, he has no body strength and often loses the ball or takes the wrong option. I'd rather see Walsh or one of the youngsters step up in midfield.

I was ready to write him off in pre-season, but I think he's been one of our stand out players this season. Had a couple of wayward shots early on today that seemed to affect him, but he's earned his place in the team imo. I would like to see more of Liam Walsh though, to see what he can offer whilst he's in one piece.

Great to see us grinding out the 3 points, no midweek game thankfully so hopefully Key will be back for Sunderland

Excellent result, some hairy moments but we should also have added to our score.
Yates disappointing for me, Rushworth solid, and Jamal excellent shift son.
Makes next Saturday interesting now.
Well done lads and brilliant for those who made the trip.

The bugger is that if we’d played like that middle hour vs Watty, we’d have destroyed them. I suppose they set up tighter than Blackburn, but we seemed to discover intent after creating that first chance today, as if we were surprised…oh, look, we might be able to score a goal.

Very good away performance I thought. Duff has proven he has it in him to win games and bounce back from disappointment. We should be positive imo.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12995048/blackburn-rovers-0-1-swansea-city-championship-highlights

None of the disallowed efforts shown for some reason

Christ almighty what an awful game, two rank average teams who will almost certainly both finish bottom half. Like watching two bald men fighting over a comb. The only good thing about it was we took the 3 points.

Honestly though, is anyone being serious if they say we look like a team going in the right direction? We're completely devoid of any identity. We just look like a ten-a-penny, bog standard, huff and puff, mid-table Championship team.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Christ almighty what an awful game, two rank average teams who will almost certainly both finish bottom half. Like watching two bald men fighting over a comb. The only good thing about it was we took the 3 points.

Honestly though, is anyone being serious if they say we look like a team going in the right direction? We're completely devoid of any identity. We just look like a ten-a-penny, bog standard, huff and puff, mid-table Championship team.
Fuxk this is killing you isn't it 😂😂

For fifty odd minutes today we looked better than we did 95% of the time under Martin.

People tend to forget there is actually another team looking to win the game as well - Blackburn away is a very difficult place to go but we were worth the win today

Pegojack said:
Patterson is a luxury player we can do without for me. OK, he has the occasional spectacular pass in him, but his shooting from distance is appalling, he has no body strength and often loses the ball or takes the wrong option. I'd rather see Walsh or one of the youngsters step up in midfield.

Been one of our best players this year. It’s a different type of Patterson to previous versions of him.

Not Swans related, but Bayern Munich were reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes and still won 8-0 :lol:

bakajack said:
Not Swans related, but Bayern Munich were reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes and still won 8-0 :lol:

Helped that Darmstadt went down to 9 when it was 0-0.

bakajack said:

Their opposition were reduced to 9 men before half time though.
They then scored 8 goals in 37 second half minutes.

J_B said:
Their opposition were reduced to 9 men before half time though.
They then scored 8 goals in 37 second half minutes.

8 goals in 37 minutes though tells you everything you need to know about the competitiveness of the Bundesliga outside of the top 3 or 4 teams

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back