• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Swans win

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bakajack said:
8 goals in 37 minutes though tells you everything you need to know about the competitiveness of the Bundesliga outside of the top 3 or 4 teams

Same problem for the most part as La Liga. The same teams keep qualifying for the Champions League so the same teams have a lot more money than the rest.

Dr. Winston said:
Same problem for the most part as La Liga. The same teams keep qualifying for the Champions League so the same teams have a lot more money than the rest.

La Liga has its own problems (such as teams individually negotiating broadcasting rights meaning that the vast chunk of any broadcast revenue ends up going to Barcelona and Real Madrid)

Andrew - North Hill said:
Christ almighty what an awful game, two rank average teams who will almost certainly both finish bottom half. Like watching two bald men fighting over a comb. The only good thing about it was we took the 3 points.

Honestly though, is anyone being serious if they say we look like a team going in the right direction? We're completely devoid of any identity. We just look like a ten-a-penny, bog standard, huff and puff, mid-table Championship team.

Sick as a pig we won Andrew?

Christ almighty what an awful game, two rank average teams who will almost certainly both finish bottom half. Like watching two bald men fighting over a comb. The only good thing about it was we took the 3 points.

Honestly though, is anyone being serious if they say we look like a team going in the right direction? We're completely devoid of any identity. We just look like a ten-a-penny, bog standard, huff and puff, mid-table Championship team.

What's with all this identity sh1t...what identity did we have in Toshacks days was it the,sake as we did under Martinez which was didferent to Rodgers and Laudrup stop typing to be some clever sod you were an annoyinglittle brat on the North Bank and you have my changed

bakajack said:
La Liga has its own problems (such as teams individually negotiating broadcasting rights meaning that the vast chunk of any broadcast revenue ends up going to Barcelona and Real Madrid)

Hence "For the most part". One problem leads to another.

For all Man City's recent dominance you can still honestly say that there are about five or six clubs who could, realistically, challenge to win the title in the EPL. I don't think there's another major league in Europe where you could claim the same.

Today summed up the Championship. We were fancied to beat Watford on Tuesday and Blackburn were fancied to beat us today.
15 points from the last 7 games has been a terrific return after a difficult start for Duff.
I expect us to continue to win some and lose some and not find ourselves near the top or the bottom of the league.

J_B said:
Today summed up the Championship. We were fancied to beat Watford on Tuesday and Blackburn were fancied to beat us today.
15 points from the last 7 games has been a terrific return after a difficult start for Duff.
I expect us to continue to win some and lose some and not find ourselves near the top or the bottom of the league.

To me it seems like we've got a more than decent starting XI, depth in quite a few positions but not quite enough in others. Resting Patino on Tuesday left us with Fulton (who I like, but I'd never pair him with Grimes) and nobody else.

We're a work in progress. Probably a window or two away from having the kind of squad that Duff would like. Outside the top two or three and the bottom two or three everyone is much of a muchness in this division and any team that can put together a few decent runs of form can find themselves in the top six. I'd very much consider us potentially as a team that can do that.

We are unfortunately for them missing Walsh and Allen. Two more central midfield players and we would have the desired strength in depth.

Duff is a good manager and leader. Stylish.

Vetchonian said:
What's with all this identity sh1t...what identity did we have in Toshacks days was it the,sake as we did under Martinez which was didferent to Rodgers and Laudrup stop typing to be some clever sod you were an annoyinglittle brat on the North Bank and you have my changed

Any chance of having that in English?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Sick as a pig we won Andrew?

No, literally just said that the only good thing about it was the three points. Are you are also a simpleton that can't read, as well as a troll?

No, literally just said that the only good thing about it was the three points. Are you are also a retard that can't read, as well as a troll?

No problem with you having a disagreement with other posters but no need to use that word as a retort, just my opinion but out of order.

No, literally just said that the only good thing about it was the three points. Are you are also a retard that can't read, as well as a troll?

Vile comment that is, for shame on you.

Is that word offensive these days is it? I had no idea.

I have edited my original post seeing as it obviously upset a few souls who I would never have had down as the sensitive type, but there you go.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back