• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth | The Carabao Cup

What will the result be against AFC Bournemouth (90 mins)

• Swans win

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bournemouth win

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decent game tonight. In complete control until 33 mins, slick, fast moving, attacking football - it was lovely to see.

Then Bmuff woke up. Second half they stepped up a gear and looked good, they were going to score it was inevitable, then the second came but we fought back with a good Pato goal and could have gone 3-2 up but an intercepted pass stopped us. Took them until injury time to go back in front & pretty much over then.

Andrew - North Hill said:
43% possession tonight, and 20 shots raining in at us during the 90 mins.

That follows a pattern in all the previous league games where we've had less of the ball than we've become accustomed to, and looked much shakier at the back as a result.

I wonder how long it will take for some people to click that having less so-called "pointless possession" can only ever result in other teams having more of the ball with which to threaten our p1ss poor defence.

Common sense.

But I wonder how long it'll take for it to click with Duff?

How many games did we boss the possession but still ended losing last season.
We lost to PL side ran them close we are still a work in progress lets see where we are at the end of October....how did Southampton do tonight? of course they weren't playing got knocked out by lg2 opposition

I enjoyed the game tonight. Might sound strange but I thought the team played better than any other game this season so far. I’m not a fan of 5 at the back but they made a better fist of it against a Bournemouth team with far superior players.
After half time the subs for Muff were a huge change in the speed and their superiority of the game. Paterson’s goal gave us much more impetus and we put some decent stuff together and could have scored but for an interception.
Cabango ( I’m definitely not his biggest fan) had a much better game than usual, and Naughton was a calm, experienced head if not the quickest and had a reasonable showing.
The 8000 ish of us that were there had an entertaining game to watch, and yes, we need more players but let’s not forget we played against a Premier team tonight.

Cabango has always played better with Kyle beside him. KN is slow now but his calmness and confidence he gives to those around him compensate for his lack of speed. Key looked fine playing on the right.

All sounds a lot more promising than the stats! Duff seemed quite upbeat too. Just could do with a win now. Confidence would increase markedly throughout the club then.

Vetchonian said:
How many games did we boss the possession but still ended losing last season.
We lost to PL side ran them close we are still a work in progress lets see where we are at the end of October....how did Southampton do tonight? of course they weren't playing got knocked out by lg2 opposition

I couldn't care less about Southampton, I'm talking about the Swans mate.

If you look closely at the stats from the last two seasons, we were conceding from roughly 1 in every 3 chances we gave the opposition. But we weren't giving away many chances in total. Certainly not 20+ shots per match. And that's because we always had plenty of the ball.

People often misunderstand that possession of the ball is as much a defensive tactic as it is an attacking one. If you've got the ball the other team can't hurt you. It's common sense.

If Duff is going to have us play in a way where we cough up the ball a bit more - and he is entitled to do that by the way - then you'd better make sure you're organised and have bloody good defenders. We're not, and they aren't. And that's the problem at the moment.

Muteswan said:
I enjoyed the game tonight. Might sound strange but I thought the team played better than any other game this season so far. I’m not a fan of 5 at the back but they made a better fist of it against a Bournemouth team with far superior players.
After half time the subs for Muff were a huge change in the speed and their superiority of the game. Paterson’s goal gave us much more impetus and we put some decent stuff together and could have scored but for an interception.
Cabango ( I’m definitely not his biggest fan) had a much better game than usual, and Naughton was a calm, experienced head if not the quickest and had a reasonable showing.
The 8000 ish of us that were there had an entertaining game to watch, and yes, we need more players but let’s not forget we played against a Premier team tonight.

Yep, there were a lot of positives from that. We looked very good in spells and much more mobile upfront in the first half. Dare I say it, a lot pacier without Piroe (although obviously we’ll miss his goals). Ben did have a decent match. Whether that was because of Naughton’s influence or just because he was forced to defend, I’m not sure. It’s when he has the ball at his feet and time it all goes wrong for him.

Naughton hopefully has played his way into Duff’s thoughts. He was a class above most of us. Key looked better on the right, which is no surprise. But even though we’ve 2 right backs now, one of them has to play on the left. That’s probably Key, as he’s settled better than Ashby. Key’s the signing of the summer for me so far.

Ginnelly didn’t do a lot wrong - full of running. A decent runout for Abdulai - started brightly but faded on the 2nd half and was targeted as a weak point. We lost shape later on, but by then us was getting a bit desperate. It was a good effort to come back into it. Pato was a big part of the comeback - full of running and wanted the ball. Cooper was poor imo; him staying on probably was more to do with resting key players rather than anything he did. The worst part was Grimes’ slump carrying on. He’s nowhere near where he can be, both on the ball and defensively - nice pen though. Rushworth also has Fisheritis. A couple of suicidal passes - one straight to them on the edge of the box. He’s not good with the ball at his feet.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The speed and quality Muff had on the ball 2nd half shows what we should be aiming for. First 30 mins they looked very average. Oh, and Kieffer Moore is a donkey :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back