• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth | The Carabao Cup

What will the result be against AFC Bournemouth (90 mins)

• Swans win

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bournemouth win

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's face facts, this defence won't keep a clean sheet in a month of Sundays...

Our defence is just as bad as last season, our attack is not as good as last season. A fatal flaw in our plan.

So that's 6 games this season. Only win was against Northampton reserves and so was the only clean sheet. Going to be a long year.

We need to win Saturday, or going to the piggery could be horrendous.

26 shots against.
Closing down and defending doesn't appear to be our strong point.

Brooks given the freedom of the park for his goal, absolute shambles.

43% possession tonight, and 20 shots raining in at us during the 90 mins.

That follows a pattern in all the previous league games where we've had less of the ball than we've become accustomed to, and looked much shakier at the back as a result.

I wonder how long it will take for some people to click that having less so-called "pointless possession" can only ever result in other teams having more of the ball with which to threaten our p1ss poor defence.

Common sense.

But I wonder how long it'll take for it to click with Duff?

Andrew - North Hill said:
43% possession tonight, and 20 shots raining in at us during the 90 mins.

That follows a pattern in all the previous league games where we've had less of the ball than we've become accustomed to, and looked much shakier at the back as a result.

I wonder how long it will take for some people to click that having less so-called "pointless possession" can only ever result in other teams having more of the ball with which to threaten our p1ss poor defence.

Common sense.

But I wonder how long it'll take for it to click with Duff?

It needs to click higher up than Duff too.

I agree that we could look better with four at the back; but that doesn't address the lack of a defender that will step up to deal with things.

JonTheJack said:
It needs to click higher up than Duff too.

I agree that we could look better with four at the back; but that doesn't address the lack of a defender that will step up to deal with things.

Need an experienced leader in that back 3, we been linked to youngsters which I don't believe is the answer.

Captain_Sham said:
Showing a bit of spirit at least.

Yeah, had a bit of a go towards the end. All a bit too little too late. Bournmouth are a good side though. Looked different class when they bought their big guns on at half time.

Hopefully we’ve learn a lot from that. More positives than negatives imo.

Was expecting much from this game but we started well. Struggled when Bournemouth woke up though, luckily we won't play anyone as good at finishing as them this season.

Felt sorry for Abdulai. Asking him to defend against Brooks wasn't really fair on him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back