• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Leicester City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Leicester City?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found that quite a frustrating watch. They were the better side no question, and so no argument about the result. But it felt like we gave them way too much respect by parking the bus. And it probably wasn’t the best game to revert to suicidal Russball at the back. I was bloody annoyed when he broke up our momentum by stopping play to take off Pato and Lowe too. Those two were just starting to get us on the front foot. The stoppage and hoiking them off killed off our momentum completely.

But it was always going to be difficult against some very good players in a well drilled team. Once we could have held our own against a better team, but we’re not in that place now unfortunately. So overall it’s not an unexpected result, and it’s not a disaster. We move on and aim (hopefully) for the 3 points on Tuesday.

Clearest pen we’ll never be given at the end there too. But it was never going to be given and wouldn’t have changed anything.

Edit - reading that back it looks quite negative. I don’t mean to be, I just get cranky when we lose :lol:. It was a decent attempt and we covered a lot of ground today.

Baron Goblet said:
Created enough to win that game. Unlucky.

Which speaks volumes when realizing how far we’ve come since the Brizzle and Cardiff games. The man’s worked a minor miracle.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
I found that quite a frustrating watch. They were the better side no question, and so no argument about the result. But it felt like we gave them way too much respect by parking the bus. And it probably wasn’t the best game to revert to suicidal Russball at the back. I was bloody annoyed when he broke up our momentum by stopping play to take off Pato and Lowe too. Those two were just starting to get us on the front foot. The stoppage and hoiking them off killed off our momentum completely.

But it was always going to be difficult against some very good players in a well drilled team. Once we could have held our own against a better team, but we’re not in that place now unfortunately. So overall it’s not an unexpected result, and it’s not a disaster. We move on and aim (hopefully) for the 3 points on Tuesday.

Clearest pen we’ll never be given at the end there too. But it was never going to be given and wouldn’t have changed anything.

Edit - reading that back it looks quite negative. I don’t mean to be, I just get cranky when we lose :lol:. It was a decent attempt and we covered a lot of ground today.

Duff knew what he was up against and set the team up well and for the most part it worked.

They tried to tempt us to break ranks and press their dodgy keeper and centre halves - if Ginelly had been playing his pace must have seen some turnovers and possible another goal or two.

But with our injuries and limitations we did as well as we could - your frustration is a good sign that we as a team could have done better and against the majority of teams in this league we will. They had far too much for us yesterday but we gave them a proper game.

Agree with comments that if we had gotten the 2nd goal, it would have made a difference. But always felt they had the upper hand. Ref was fckn useless, and playing a side like that you need him.
Pokey shithouse of a club in the QPR mold, and if never saw em again be too soon.

sainthelens said:
Agree with comments that if we had gotten the 2nd goal, it would have made a difference. But always felt they had the upper hand. Ref was fckn useless, and playing a side like that you need him.
Pokey shithouse of a club in the QPR mold, and if never saw em again be too soon.

I think I’d rather see them go bust and into oblivion more than I would Cardiff- and that’s saying something!

LeonWasTheDog's said:

Thought that was perfectly summed up, like yourself i thought we gave them far too much respect, we were so deep on occasions that their goalkeeper was virtually on the half way line. Got really fed up before the game with people saying they would be happy with a point , and it was a free hit for the Swans. They are actually in the same division as us and are going to lose games this season so why not against us, Man City they certainly are not. One thing that did come to mind though yesterday watching them was , what an absolute piss poor attempt we made at getting back up at the first attempt after relegation from the Premier league. Potter never even got us in the play offs.

cmajack said:
Thought that was perfectly summed up, like yourself i thought we gave them far too much respect, we were so deep on occasions that their goalkeeper was virtually on the half way line. Got really fed up before the game with people saying they would be happy with a point , and it was a free hit for the Swans. They are actually in the same division as us and are going to lose games this season so why not against us, Man City they certainly are not. One thing that did come to mind though yesterday watching them was , what an absolute piss poor attempt we made at getting back up at the first attempt after relegation from the Premier league. Potter never even got us in the play offs.

I agree to an extent but the league are treating these games effectively as an FA Cup tie. I'd argue that their team would probably be better than Palace, Everton, Bournemouth etc and be mid table Premier League with this set up and manager.

Look at their bench. £20m+ Iheanacho and £45m Daka didn't even come off it. Plus a midfield of England International (still mid 20s) Harry Winks, Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall.

It's the strongest team ever to come down and pisses all over Newcastle when they were in the Championship.

A4Jack said:
I agree to an extent but the league are treating these games effectively as an FA Cup tie. I'd argue that their team would probably be better than Palace, Everton, Bournemouth etc and be mid table Premier League with this set up and manager.

Look at their bench. £20m+ Iheanacho and £45m Daka didn't even come off it. Plus a midfield of England International (still mid 20s) Harry Winks, Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall.

It's the strongest team ever to come down and pisses all over Newcastle when they were in the Championship.

Spot on, this Leicester side is miles ahead of anything else in the Championship, wouldn't be suprised if they go the rest of the season undefeated...

I was fearing a hammering yesterday so I was very encouraged by the way we played, just tired towards the end and their squad depth made the difference. Duff really needs to work on the defence though, we've conceded far too many chances in lots of games this season, relying on poor finishing from the opposition or needing Rushworth to make saves.

With the penalty claim yesterday, the replay wasn't clear (it happened too fast) but I thought the ball hit the defender's thigh first then his arm, which isn't classed as handball.

On to Tuesday night, 3 points is a must against a struggling Watford side and should keep us in touch with the playoff spots

T8AD365 said:
I was fearing a hammering yesterday so I was very encouraged by the way we played, just tired towards the end and their squad depth made the difference. Duff really needs to work on the defence though, we've conceded far too many chances in lots of games this season, relying on poor finishing from the opposition or needing Rushworth to make saves.

With the penalty claim yesterday, the replay wasn't clear (it happened too fast) but I thought the ball hit the defender's thigh first then his arm, which isn't classed as handball.

On to Tuesday night, 3 points is a must against a struggling Watford side and should keep us in touch with the playoff spots

We are closer to Plymouth in 4th bottom than we are to Sunderland in the last play off spot.

cmajack said:
We are closer to Plymouth in 4th bottom than we are to Sunderland in the last play off spot.
Depends how negative you want to be I suppose. 4 points outside the playoffs and 7 points above the relegation zone, despite not winning any of our first 7 games. Things aren't bad at all at the moment

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back