• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Leicester City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Leicester City?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On another day might have nicked something, but they were clearly better and deserved winners.

Glyn1 said:
The Leicester fans listening on the Swans radio were vitriolic about LT's biasedness, and his voice.

They can go and fuk themselves.

bakajack said:
The turning point on the game was the handball, should have been a penalty and a red card.
Totally different final 10 minutes then.

Or when Yates should have done better from distance at an empty goal we‘d have gone 2-0 up. Still ifs and buts.

Kukharevych finally gets a chance with just 4 mins of stoppage time left.
He has impressed every time I see him, I wonder what he needs to do to get some proper playing time.

Longlostjack said:
Or when Yates should have done better from distance at an empty goal we‘d have gone 2-0 up. Still ifs and buts.

Would hardly call that a turning point, wasn't the easiest of chances he had to lift it as a defender was running back to cover the goal so a dink would have been cut out.

monmouth said:
On another day might have nicked something, but they were clearly better and deserved winners.

They were deserved winners, but you don't always get what you deserve in football. It was the type of game where we had much less of the play but could have nicked something. The key moment for me was when Lowe was presented with that chance in front of goal at 2-1 after a Leicester mistake. Yes, he hit the target, but it was the right height for their keeper to pull off the glamour save, he should have hit it low into the corner.

Pegojack said:
They were deserved winners, but you don't always get what you deserve in football. It was the type of game where we had much less of the play but could have nicked something. The key moment for me was when Lowe was presented with that chance in front of goal at 2-1 after a Leicester mistake. Yes, he hit the target, but it was the right height for their keeper to pull off the glamour save, he should have hit it low into the corner.

Yeah, that’s what I mean, on another day. Seven out of ten times they win that though, maybe eight or nine out of ten. Money talks. They missed loads of good chances just as Lowe and Cullen did. We needed 2-0 when we were in the game really, or at least to hang on to HT. That was unlucky. A penalty and red would certainly have made a difference but I understand why he didn’t give it. At full speed he would have been guessing.

The quality they've got in their squad, not just the starting 11 is miles ahead of anyone else in this league. Pretty much a Premier League team.

Done very well against them in fairness.

bakajack said:
Kukharevych finally gets a chance with just 4 mins of stoppage time left.
He has impressed every time I see him, I wonder what he needs to do to get some proper playing time.

How Yates survives 90 minutes I don't know.

Yates is at his best when he has someone to play off, same with Lowe.
They both want a foil but neither can consistently pull it off for the other, so sometimes we get games where they click and sometimes we get games where they are isolated and are passengers, Kukharevych is big, fast, strong and an absolute pain in the ass for defenders. Everything that both Yates and Lowe would want as a fellow attacker.

He also offers us something different when we do need to play it long and need the man up front to hold it up and buy time to bring others into the game in an attacking phase and has already shown that he can be deadly from crosses.

Can’t fault any of that today, personified by Pato who put in one heck of a shift and is winning many people over (myself included) with his commitment.

Keep that up and we won’t go far wrong over the season despite refs like that schitt stack today.

Another game without a Duff song too after going toe to toe with a PL squad. Sad.

I didn’t think the result fairly reflected the effort put in by the Swans, their quality was there for all to see but i think we stayed very disciplined and on another day both Cullen and Lowe would have scored, they are a level above most other teams in this league.

It was a good game for our players to measure where we are and how far we need to go to get to that level.

bakajack said:
Yates is at his best when he has someone to play off, same with Lowe.
They both want a foil but neither can consistently pull it off for the other, so sometimes we get games where they click and sometimes we get games where they are isolated and are passengers, Kukharevych is big, fast, strong and an absolute pain in the ass for defenders. Everything that both Yates and Lowe would want as a fellow attacker.

He also offers us something different when we do need to play it long and need the man up front to hold it up and buy time to bring others into the game in an attacking phase and has already shown that he can be deadly from crosses.

Can see MK getting at least 45 minutes against Watford. Let Yates run his socks off first half and bring him on in second.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back