• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Stoke City | The EFL Championship

Nah. The lad did nothing, Rushworth got away with a howler.
They put the law on Sky. The goalkeeper can’t be challenged while he has the ball. So the interpretation of ‘challenge’ is critical for this one. It was actually an accidental challenge as neither player saw the other, so could have gone either way. The main thing is Stroud was looking right at it and it is his call, so, it’s a foul. If he’d called it the other way we’d have had to suck it up, and so do they. It was also a definite penalty in my opinion. First ‘contact was just outside, but that didn’t stop Cooper the follow through inside was what brought him down. Always nice to leave this lot feeling disgruntled though. As said above, two words. Victor. Moses.

Darling needs to stop this stupid posturing in front of the ref. It saved the Cardiff numpty from a red and always gets him booked. Had a great game otherwise.

They put the law on Sky. The goalkeeper can’t be challenged while he has the ball. So the interpretation of ‘challenge’ is critical for this one. It was actually an accidental challenge as neither player saw the other, so could have gone either way. The main thing is Stroud was looking right at it and it is his call, so, it’s a foul. If he’d called it the other way we’d have had to suck it up, and so do they. It was also a definite penalty in my opinion. First ‘contact was just outside, but that didn’t stop Cooper the follow through inside was what brought him down. Always nice to leave this lot feeling disgruntled though. As said above, two words. Victor. Moses.

Darling needs to stop this stupid posturing in front of the ref. It saved the Cardiff numpty from a red and always gets him booked. Had a great game otherwise.
I'm not sure he WAS challenged. He carried the ball onto the attackers head. It was his action that cause the collision. That's how I look at it anyway. Obviously the ref disagreed so everything is fine and dandy but his lack of awareness is what caused this, and is a problem that he must work on.

I'm not sure he WAS challenged. He carried the ball onto the attackers head. It was his action that cause the collision. That's how I look at it anyway. Obviously the ref disagreed so everything is fine and dandy but his lack of awareness is what caused this, and is a problem that he must work on.
Yeah, could have gone either way, hinges totally on the refs interpretation. If it had happened from the ball into the box rather than a few seconds after he caught it, it would probably -almost certainly - have been given. The Stoke player was getting up so could argue he did challenge, even though he didn’t realise it at the time. Either call is defendable.

Personally I’d have given the goal, so it’s lucky I wasn’t the ref!

I have been looking at the games left. Its nutty how many of the teams in the relegation mix are playing each other. I don't think it can be overstated how important that win was.(even though I had written it off a a loss beforehand)

So we need all our remaining games to be live on Sky to ramp up intensity 🙌🔥

The cock up by Rushworth and disallowed goal now makes the Victor Moses dive and penalty null and void we are all square on the got away with one front as far as i am concerned.
To be fair I think we got even with that with Naughton's blatant dive up there when we won during Covid.

The critical point here from Stroud's perspective must have been that the player was getting up and thus moving towards the ball in Rushworth's hand however unintentional it was. As I said previously in the thread I would not have been aggrieved if that goal was given, it feels we got away with that on a technicality

I think the point most are missing, is regardless of the disallowed goal and penalty decision, Stroud is, and always has been an appalling referee and shouldn't be allowed to officiate children's football.
Yesterday, it was someone else's turn to feel cheated by him, but it's Stoke, so fuk em 😂😂😂😂😂

I think the point most are missing, is regardless of the disallowed goal and penalty decision, Stroud is, and always has been an appalling referee and shouldn't be allowed to officiate children's football.
Yesterday, it was someone else's turn to feel cheated by him, but it's Stoke, so fuk em 😂😂😂😂😂
Felt like he was trying to even out the game at parts in the second half, he knew he dropped another clanger with their disallowed goal.

The standard of the officials right throughout the football pyramid isn't good enough.

Does not matter if it was accidental. It is a foul on Rushworth.
If that's a foul it's a very strange one. The keeper dropped the ball on to the players head.

I'm not complaining though, it's nice to get the rub of the green for a change.

14,600. Felt more like 11/12,000.
The atmosphere was good considering.
They've included season tickets in that, looking around the ground last night I'd be surprised if there were more than 12,000 inside the ground.

They've included season tickets in that, looking around the ground last night I'd be surprised if there were more than 12,000 inside the ground.
Infuriating that they couldn’t have put a performance like that in for the 19,700 there on BH Monday

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back