• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Gillingham FC | The Carabao Cup

For a club who are always pleading poverty, we wasted about £4.5m on Yates, Kukharevych and Tjoe-A-On last summer.

We've had some dreadful loans over the last few years as well; Humphreys, Sagoe Jr, Stevens, Sorinola, Oko-Flex, Rhys Williams and Fin Burns all spring to mind
I think that Oko-Flex is a bit hard done by to be in that list, he looked excellent - positive, creative and willing to attack. Basically a maverick attacker which the Martin of the Swansea era absolutely hated!

Humphreys the jury is out on, he never had a stable period in a side to really grow and develop the way that Chelsea will have wanted him to.

Sagoe Jr, Stevens, Williams, Burns and Sorinola I can agree with though.

I think that Oko-Flex is a bit hard done by to be in that list, he looked excellent - positive, creative and willing to attack. Basically a maverick attacker which the Martin of the Swansea era absolutely hated!

Humphreys the jury is out on, he never had a stable period in a side to really grow and develop the way that Chelsea will have wanted him to.

Sagoe Jr, Stevens, Williams, Burns and Sorinola I can agree with though.
I agree but they weren't the right fit for what we needed at the time.
Just found out Oko-Flex is playing in Switzerland now

I’m not sure Watson is the answer.
Not based on last summers window. Only glimmer of hope if Ronald and the summer signings seem good on paper.

We should know by the end of September if him and Williams are up to it.

Last edited:
Team news in 20 minutes.
Hoping to see an almost full strength side with starts for Ronald and Vipotnic

Vipotnik and Ronald start as does Tjoe-A-On and Pedersen. Tymon did look a little off the pace as did Key against Boro, hopefully he and Naughton can both offer more attacking energy.

Looks like Naughton-Ronald on the right and Tjoe-Cooper on the left. Not convinced on the left but its a huge opportunity for both Cooper and Tjoe-A-On. Fulton starts too disappointingly, I wonder who is playing behind Vipotnik.

Fulton playing in this game does make me think though that he is less likely to be involved against Preston

Abdulai on the right again....why?
Looks to me more like:

---------------------------- Vigouroux --------------------------
Naughton ---- Cabango ------------- Pedersen --- Tjoe-A-On
----------------- Abdulai -------------- Grimes -----------------
Ronald ---------------------- Fulton ------------------- Cooper
----------------------------- Vipotnik ---------------------------

Based on OS team news blurb:
"Captain Matt Grimes, Jay Fulton and Azeem Abdulai make up the Swansea midfield, with Cooper and Ronald providing support for Vipotnik in the final third."

Seriously starting to question Williams, continually picking Fulton shows that he just isn’t learning.

If Abdulai is played in his favoured defensive midfield position alongside Grimes then it could well be with building him up experience for Preston with a view to dropping Fulton for Franco and keeping Abdulai there

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back