• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Gillingham FC | The Carabao Cup

To be fair, it's hardly a controversial point that the owners aren't investing enough to take the club forwards
basically, they should have "invested" when we were relegated but it has ended up costing a much bigger amount trying to keep us competitive in the middle of the league/stopping us dropping further.

The problem is there's no guarantee that any new owners would do a better job than the ones we have now. Plus it's a long way back if we do end up going down
The current lot were supposed to take us to the next level.

To me the problem with the owners hasn't been the amount they've spent but how they've spent it. I don't want to see them overspending.
So much money wasted on different recruitment teams who've then been paid off because they've done a rubbish job.
How much money was wasted last summer?

To me the problem with the owners hasn't been the amount they've spent but how they've spent it. I don't want to see them overspending.
So much money wasted on different recruitment teams who've then been paid off because they've done a rubbish job.
We also seem to have signed a few players who have then left 6/12 months later without having played.
Kukharevych being the latest but there's also Ogbeta, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On still hasn't made his competitive debut, I'm probably forgetting some as well

This post is bang on. With the exception of the clubs with parachute payments, we are regularly up there with the highest spends. That’s great news until you look at what we’ve spunked it on.

Like with any company.. you invest to grow to make money or have an exit strategy to sell .

Our trajectory has been continually downward so from a owners perspective it begs the question if they can't turn things round why are they still happy to fail.

Great observation which is overlooked when it comes to pelters the owners get (which are often justified).

We haven't spent wisely, just wasted it on bad signing after bad signing.

Let's hope Watson lives up to his reputation and our chairmans sporadic updates don't turn out to be empty promises.

My glass is half full until the beginning of October.

Like with any company.. you invest to grow to make money or have an exit strategy to sell .

Our trajectory has been continually downward so from a owners perspective it begs the question if they can't turn things round why are they still happy to fail.
The desire to succeed is undoubtedly there. The skill set to do so is lacking and this is evident in some extremely poor decisions over the last few years.

We also seem to have signed a few players who have then left 6/12 months later without having played.
Kukharevych being the latest but there's also Ogbeta, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On still hasn't made his competitive debut, I'm probably forgetting some as well
Odd signings to say the least.

Ogbeta and Kukharevych (based on the game against Celtic for Hibs) haven't looked up to the standard when I've seen them play.

The desire to succeed is undoubtedly there. The skill set to do so is lacking and this is evident in some extremely poor decisions over the last few years.
They've lurched from one disaster to another.

I'm hoping the appointment of Watson and Colemans enthusiasm have seen us turn a corner.

Odd signings to say the least.

Ogbeta and Kukharevych (based on the game against Celtic for Hibs) haven't looked up to the standard when I've seen them play.
For a club who are always pleading poverty, we wasted about £4.5m on Yates, Kukharevych and Tjoe-A-On last summer.

We've had some dreadful loans over the last few years as well; Humphreys, Sagoe Jr, Stevens, Sorinola, Oko-Flex, Rhys Williams and Fin Burns all spring to mind

For a club who are always pleading poverty, we wasted about £4.5m on Yates, Kukharevych and Tjoe-A-On last summer.

We've had some dreadful loans over the last few years as well; Humphreys, Sagoe Jr, Stevens, Sorinola, Oko-Flex, Rhys Williams and Fin Burns all spring to mind
Apart from Rushworth, I can't remember another loan signing that has proved to be a success.

Must add since Cooper has left.

Apart from Rushworth, I can't remember another loan signing that has proved to be a success.

Must add since Cooper has left.
I get the impression the loans have been looked at with the attitude of "well it's better than nothing" and there's the gamble that they might turn out decent. We've had a lot more misses than hits over the last few years though

They've lurched from one disaster to another.

I'm hoping the appointment of Watson and Colemans enthusiasm have seen us turn a corner.
I’m not sure Watson is the answer.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back