• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Norwich City | The EFL Championship

Really enjoyed that!
The back 4 were superb, Grimes and Franco were so impressive, Oli Cooper looked like a different player!
For the first time in god knows how long, it really felt like the players didn’t want to be in our half, going back when needed but not our usual default setting. LW was constantly shouting at us to move up.
Happy

My player ratings:

Vigouroux - 8
A few excellent stops, good distribution and a big part of the reason why we have one of the best defensive records in the division

Naughton - 8
A surprise at left back but he linked up superbly with Eom and Cooper and was a big part of all our positive attacking play in the first half. Subbed for Tymon after 70 mins but played like he was 25 rather than 35

Darling - 8
A rock at the back he won everything he had to and spread the play very well. This tempo definitely suits him

Cabango - 9
His best performance of the season, two defensive contributions in the 2nd half both were as good as scoring a goal. Can be immensely satisfied with his efforts today

Key - 8
Also had his best game of the season so far. Plenty of effort, good link up play and lots of defensive graft too.

Grimes - 8
The frustrations of his game so far this season have disappeared. He aimed to probe and play through the lines, only occasionally dropped in to defence to offer an out ball and did plenty of defensive work too.

Franco - 9
My man of the match. He robbed Norwich midfielders of the ball time and time again, some of his passes were sublime and I don't think there was a single piece of grass that he didn't cover. Incredible work today

Eom - 8
Busy and involved, his cute inside pass towards Cullen resulted in the own goal. His intricate passing and quick feet show why LW wants to play him as a ten rather than the wing.

Cooper - 8
I have been critical of him for much of the season but today he was excellent. Not so much a creative king pin as an absolute nuisance to the Norwich defenders with his relentless pressing. One opportunity sticks in my mind where he pressed and harried the right back for about 40 yards before robbing him of the ball near his own corner flag.

Ronald - 7
Blew hot and cold today. A ludicrous 60 yard back pass went straight to a Norwich attacker who was retreating and his ass was saved by Cabango. Plenty of hard work but we didn't really get to see his creative side today

Cullen - 7
Couldn't really influence the game today. Pressed loads but never really had a proper opportunity in front of goal. Will have to be satisfied with "defended solidly from the front" rather than any praise for his attacking play.

Pretty rubbish game. Two bang average teams but I think we just about edged it, we were marginally better than them. Neither side will be anywhere near the top 6, not a snowball's chance in hell.

Three points very welcome - onto the next.

Pretty rubbish game. Two bang average teams but I think we just about edged it, we were marginally better than them. Neither side will be anywhere near the top 6, not a snowball's chance in hell.

Three points very welcome - onto the next.
Some poor finishing from both teams but I thought that was really entertaining.
Both teams had a proper go.

Very important result and a big improvement on past games

Worry is where are goals coming from? Can't remember many times if any their keeper was tested
Yes, I agree. Our first half attacking consisted of slinging in crosses to our very own dwarf centre forward, with predictable results. Second half, we couldn't seem to carve out any decent chances apart from the one Bianchini just failed to connect with.
We don't seem to have the guile to get to the byline and cut back accurately like Cardiff did to equalise against us. It's all hit and hope.

I've seen a few getting excited about today, not sure why. We were neat and tidy and effective with the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch, however our final balls and attacking threat are nowhere near where they should be.

The big ray of light is clearly Franco. He covers miles and is a massive upgrade on anyone we have in the midfield.

Really enjoyed that!
The back 4 were superb, Grimes and Franco were so impressive, Oli Cooper looked like a different player!
For the first time in god knows how long, it really felt like the players didn’t want to be in our half, going back when needed but not our usual default setting. LW was constantly shouting at us to move up.
Happy
Good wasn’t it. Atmosphere went a bit flat last 20 mins of the first half, but that was a decent team display. I never felt Norwich threatened (hard to when they were rolling around on the floor all game - the ref was excellent too, not falling for it).

And we can’t fault the effort - they left everything out there. Oli and Culls were both excellent defending from the front. Franco, Grimes, Naughts, Key all good. Brilliant goal saving tackle from Bango at the end. Good stuff. We’re going to be light on goals again, but play like that and we’ll do much better than I was thinking after the first few games.

I've seen a few getting excited about today, not sure why. We were neat and tidy and effective with the ball in the first two thirds of the pitch, however our final balls and attacking threat are nowhere near where they should be.

The big ray of light is clearly Franco. He covers miles and is a massive upgrade on anyone we have in the midfield.
I’m just happier because we tried to get forward and it was a fair bit better than the recent toley we’ve served up.

I think some of the comments are harsh. They were a tidy team and most of this division is much of a muchness. Either of these teams in the Prem would be embarrassing, but did anyone really think we were in that class? I’m just hoping for further improvement week on week now, and not lurching back to bullshit possession poundshop Pwp because he’s won a game.

Last edited:
I’m just happier because we tried to get forward and it was a fair bit better than the recent toley we’ve served up.

I think some of the comments are harsh. They were a tidy team and most of this division is much of a muchness. Either of these teams in the Prem would be embarrassing, but did anyone really think we were in that class? I’m just hoping for further improvement week on week now, and not lurching back to bullshit poundshop Pep because he’s won a game.
I thought today, overall, was an 8/10 performance against a decent Championship side.
We need a cutting edge but beggars can't be choosers.
3pts and the scum lose, happy days 😎

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back