• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Norwich City | The EFL Championship

Taking off our 3 most energetic players in Cullen, Cooper and Franco at the same time worried me. But Williams got away with it.

What is it with our squad players? Vipotnik, Bianchini, Harris were absolutely shattered after 5 mins of coming on.

Taking off our 3 most energetic players in Cullen, Cooper and Franco at the same time worried me. But Williams got away with it.

What is it with our squad players? Vipotnik, Bianchini, Harris were absolutely shattered after 5 mins of coming on.
Harris I can understand, as he covered every blade of grass in the time he was on. We did lose a bit of momentum with the subs again though.

When the Norwich player was booked for diving I thought darling was trying to do an Ash on van Persie when he smashed the ball but missed the target

We’ve got my boy as a mascot for his birthday.
Once you weigh everything up, it’s a pretty good shout as an alternative to a party, especially for a Swans mad kid.
Hope we turn up.
My wife took him and his 2 best mates.
FYI anyone with young kids, she said it was amazing. Treated them so well and a great experience.
She wants to get family hospitality season tickets next year now.
FFS

No EFL Highlights show on TV this evening. On tomorrow night at 23.05 so I won't see it until Monday if I can be bothered with old news then.

It was their throw in before the goal not ours as it come off eon.

More Union flags in the stadium than welsh flags.

I've only been to the Preston game this season so far and will be there on Saturday, so clearly we'll win...
You're welcome everyone... ;)

Bad news is my son and my nephew (2 different people btw, before you think there's interbreeding going on in my family) aren't too keen on attending the next game, so that will probably be a defeat.

Funny game, but a good watch. For the first two minutes I thought Norwich looked like us under Brendan/Laudrup. They passed it beautifully around our press and looked like they were going to create chance after chance. I thought we were in for a long day. Then we scored with our first attack and our press worked really well from then on.

Could easily have been a draw or Norwich win given the chances they had, but we rode our luck and defended well in general. The amount of shots we blocked was impressive and I do think Luke has got us playing well defensively. Until the last 10 minutes, most of Norwich's chances came from us giving the ball away (primarily Vig, Darling, and Franco).

The challenge will be adding a cutting edge to the system (when we play like we did today rather than the passing for the sake of it football we sometimes produce). Cullen and Cooper were a vital part of the defence, working their socks off and not giving their defenders a second of peace. You could see the impact it had by the second half, as the Norwich defenders took every opportunity to leave a mark on them. Unfortunately they don't offer much of an attacking threat.

Franco must have been even more annoying to the Norwich players. What a player when the opposition has the ball, closing down all over the place, winning back possession, blocking passes, just superb. As for when he has the ball, let's be generous and say he's on a learning curve. He had 2 poor passes intercepted leading to great Norwich chances. We missed him badly when he went off (I know others have said it, but I'm not a fan of Luke's subs. Taking off Franco, Cullen and Cooper at the same time had a massive impact and we were lucky to get away with it)

I thought that was Eom's best game yet, showed some lovely touches and worked hard. Ronald was his usual self, moments of brilliance and always worrying the Norwich defenders, while his end product was as varied as usual. The back-pass to Vig from inside the Norwich half when he didn't see the Norwich player behind Vig almost gave me a heart attack mind.

Key looked more like his last season self and Ben had a fine game with that goal-saving tackle being the highlight. Grimes actually played in midfield and looked far better for it. Vig made some good saves and looks like a fine keeper for us, even if the distribution is still scattershot (I partly blame Luke for this mind).

The ref either had a really good game or was a bit of a homer. Until injury time anyway when he missed some big fouls in their half.

Keep playing like that and we'll be solid mid-table this season.

Loved Milly, Crudge and Davie Stewart.

Dracula less so, God rest him.
I still have the leaflet /Program for Tony Millingtons testamonial somewhere. (Dont ask me to find it- Edit - found it online -see below) It was a program made out of the same same type of paper that the Sporting Post used to be made from. It was against West Brom( who I believe he also played for)
Keith Barber was another keeper I was fond of. He only got the one season but that team got the ball rolling(1st promotion under Tosh) I was sad when Steve Potter was given the heave ho. I don't recall him being as bad as some on here recollect.
Tosh seemed quite cut-throat when it came to keepers. He turfed out Barber when we got promoted. Did the same to Crudge when we went up again. Its well documented what he did to Dai Stewart.

1726375377443.png

Last edited:
I still have the leaflet /Program for Tony Millingtons testamonial somewhere. (Dont ask me to find it- Edit - found it online -see below) It was a program made out of the same same type of paper that the Sporting Post used to be made from. It was against West Brom( who I believe he also played for)
Keith Barber was another keeper I was fond of. He only got the one season but that team got the ball rolling(1st promotion under Tosh) I was sad when Steve Potter was given the heave ho. I don't recall him being as bad as some on here recollect.
Tosh seemed quite cut-throat when it came to keepers. He turfed out Barber when we got promoted. Did the same to Crudge when we went up again. Its well documented what he did to Dai Stewart.

View attachment 4554
Steve Potter was absolutely dreadful in goal for the Swans.

They've had a fortnight without games they should have been concentrating on their fitness in that time, although from what I saw of Harris he could turnout to be a star for us, in the time he's here. Bianchini looked overweight to me.

Steve Potter was absolutely dreadful in goal for the Swans.
I've always rated Potter as the worst goalkeeper I've seen in a Swans shirt, saying that, this ex Rangers keeper we have on our bench at the moment will give Potts a run for his money if Vigs gets injured...

I've always rated Potter as the worst goalkeeper I've seen in a Swans shirt, saying that, this ex Rangers keeper we have on our bench at the moment will give Potts a run for his money if Vigs gets injured...
There was someone in the 70s after Tony packed in that was far far worse, but I can’t even remember his name!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back