• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Preston North End | The EFL Championship

I get the need to control the game, but can we possibly do it without us falling asleep please.?
There is a fine line, id rather win football games the boring way then going gung-ho. Look at leeds already this season, scrapped alast minute draw at home to a promoted team and then got smashed 3-0 at home to a boro team that we were moaning and groaning about a narrow loss away. Fine margins as i said originally

There is a fine line, id rather win football games the boring way then going gung-ho. Look at leeds already this season, scrapped alast minute draw at home to a promoted team and then got smashed 3-0 at home to a boro team that we were moaning and groaning about a narrow loss away. Fine margins as i said originally
What about losing football games the boring way, since we've lost 20 of our last 47 league games and only won 15?

We are in order winger wise but spine inadequate creatively and destructively
Now we have The VIP Culls scores. Spine not confident aggressive or dominant except Allen, always injured, or is he really? Signing Providence is MASSIVE!!!

In his cameo he was a brilliant winger and was switched,CAM and looked class even as crunching ball winner.
So much will Prov actually cost as I would pay anything below extortionate. Do we know and can we find out?
Luke said yesterday Nathan is a superstar at home with 2 milliipn plus Instagram followers. We would never have known but his debut 12 months after he signed for us showed he could have a big impact for us.

What about losing football games the boring way, since we've lost 20 of our last 47 league games and only won 15?
Your skewing the stats to suit the agenda, lets looks at Williams stats as manager....

Played 24, lost 11? Losing half of your games isn't great to be fair
When he joined we were in a dog fight to survive, low on confidence and we ended up surviving comfortably. Hes inherited a squad which isnt his, you cant just wipe away that in 8 months....hes shifting out the dead wood and trying to bring in quality additions but again people here are expecting over night miracles. He knows his squad he sees them everyday, i doubt he wants to play fulton but with allen injured and franco not match fit he probably doesn't have much choice. The fan base are just in fantasy land playing FM it seems, baffles me

I’ve got a feeling that we’ll turn up on Saturday and put a good show on.
Rightly pointed out that the spine of the team is out of form/confidence, but if Tymon/Eom and Key/Ronald start clicking, those around them may follow.

Think we have some people with rose tinted glasses and others with a major glass half empty view. Reality is somewhere in between. Good mid-table finish with clear progress and development of some real assets is where we are probably aiming.
When he joined we were in a dog fight to survive, low on confidence and we ended up surviving comfortably. Hes inherited a squad which isnt his, you cant just wipe away that in 8 months....hes shifting out the dead wood and trying to bring in quality additions but again people here are expecting over night miracles. He knows his squad he sees them everyday, i doubt he wants to play fulton but with allen injured and franco not match fit he probably doesn't have much choice. The fan base are just in fantasy land playing FM it seems, baffles me

I’ve got a feeling that we’ll turn up on Saturday and put a good show on.
Rightly pointed out that the spine of the team is out of form/confidence, but if Tymon/Eom and Key/Ronald start clicking, those around them may follow.
There were a couple of times last season where it felt as though there were inklings of expectation on the team, Cardiff and Stoke at home are the two main examples. Both times, they turned up and put on a properly impressive performance. The issue is that they followed them both up with absolutely nothing. The Stoke game I can somewhat understand because it was so close to the end of the season, but it was poor to not kick on for the final stretch after Cardiff.

I similarly am expecting a good performance against a, let's be honest, there for the taking Preston, but I'm concerned that the Cardiff game coming so soon after will use up our allowance of 'two good games' for the next three months

Think we have some people with rose tinted glasses and others with a major glass half empty view. Reality is somewhere in between. Good mid-table finish with clear progress and development of some real assets is where we are probably aiming.
Agree with this. I reckon a 12th-16th place finish is probably realistic for this season. The first team still has a few positions that need to be improved on and there is very little squad depth to speak of, it's a very long season and we're going to pick up injuries so I expect a few youngsters will be needed to make the step up

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back