• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Wycombe Wanderers | The Carabao Cup

I'm sorry, but if he's not capable of putting out a side ( of a fully fit squad) to beat a LG 1 side who were severely understrength ,and also fail to muster a plan to get a shot in target...then big questions need answering.
That’s a fair enough point, but when he plays Vipotnik and Eom behind him (which most have assumed will be our best 9 and 10 combination this season) and they create literally nothing between them, not a single glimmer of a chance, I’m not sure what he can do? Vipotnik may need time to get up to speed and let’s hope that’s what is happening but he looks like he has nothing at the moment. He’s so slow it’s unbelievable. And Eom looks like a rabbit in the headlight.

One positive was Abbey I thought - for all he was rusty he showed glimpses of quality, as did Bianchini (slightly). That player they had out wide though (on loan from West Ham I think they said) was a complete step above anyone we had out wide.

Williams this week talked about Dyer and Routledge. Our wingers at the moment look more like Patricia Routledge.

That’s a fair enough point, but when he plays Vipotnik and Eom behind him (which most have assumed will be our best 9 and 10 combination this season) and they create literally nothing between them, not a single glimmer of a chance, I’m not sure what he can do? Vipotnik may need time to get up to speed and let’s hope that’s what is happening but he looks like he has nothing at the moment. He’s so slow it’s unbelievable. And Eom looks like a rabbit in the headlight.

One positive was Abbey I thought - for all he was rusty he showed glimpses of quality, as did Bianchini (slightly). That player they had out wide though (on loan from West Ham I think they said) was a complete step above anyone we had out wide.

Williams this week talked about Dyer and Routledge. Our wingers at the moment look more like Patricia Routledge.
The side we put out yesterday were strangers(to each other anyway).
If we still only have 4 points in a months time(entirely possible BTW) I would be more concerned.

For all the hype Eom gets, I'm not really seeing him do anything. I know its only been ....6 games??.... but apart from a tidy showing against Rio Ave , who were probably only half cooking as their season was about to start, and 10 half tidy minutes against a tired L2 team, he's done nothing of note. Its not like he's a bit rusty and finding his feet, slightly off with passing or end product, he does nothing.

Early days, and I'm nor writing him off yet. he needs a massive improvement though.

What an awful game. Whole team looks uncomfortable unless they're turned back towards their own goal. Wonder what Vipotnik must be thinking having joined a team that doesn't use a striker. Made to look second best in every area by an unremarkable League One side.

Like Spain have done. No more tippy tappy nonsense.
I mentioned in the Euros how noticeable it was the most countries had moved on from that style of play, and it was refreshing to watch. Countries still playing that way were just ponderous.
And that’s exactly what we are, ponderous

It’s true that we are ponderous when we play Grimes and Fulton together. I genuinely hoped we would not see that happen again and that Williams had learned his lesson. I understand him wanting to rest Franco, but he could easily have played Allen or even Abdullai in CM alongside either Grimes or Fulton, so why revert back to the two proponents of walking football?

Hopefully it will be a different story on Saturday when Franco is back and Grimes (or Fulton) has no one to play tippy tappy with. God help us if Franco is injured though.

FB wise, Key and Tymon are nailed on starters, with Naughton and Pederson potential alternatives. The latter will need time to build understanding with their wingers though (particularly Pederson) when they are played at FB. And Williams needs to decide who his second winger is (Ronald is nailed on even though his end product is still developing).

What an awful game. Whole team looks uncomfortable unless they're turned back towards their own goal. Wonder what Vipotnik must be thinking having joined a team that doesn't use a striker. Made to look second best in every area by an unremarkable League One side.
Hopefully he’ll be thinking he may have to occasionally move rather than standing completely still in a position where no one can possibly pick him out.

It's hard, isn't it. You want them to do well. You look for little signs - you cling on to a good shot, or a decent cross, or a crunching tackle or whatever.

But in your heart of hearts, you can't escape the feeling you're trying too hard to convince yourself of something that just isn't there.

There are about 2 or 3 of our new players I feel that way about right now. The problem I've got is knowing the track record of the numpties who have brought them to the club. It does not fill you with hope.
Spot on. That sums it up perfectly.

What I dont understand is that the style of play never reflects how Luke Williams says he wants his team to play which can only be for one of a few reasons

1. the players are incapable of playing the way he wants
2. the players completely ignore what he wants them to do
3. He is talking shit and just says what people want to hear

He has learned much from his former master

This disconnect you mention between how he talks about how the team is playing (or is set up to play) and how they actually play sometimes leaves me feeling that he is somehow the manager of Theoretical Swansea City, but not the Actual Swansea City. I think we need to leave him in change of the theoretical team and maybe hire someone else to come in and manage the actual team?

I'm starting to get a bit miffed about Abdullai. He's playing out of position etc etc blah blah. The fact of the matter is, so far, he looks as if he's only just been introduced to the game of football. This season he appears to have lost the ability to pass, head, shoot, control and go in the right direction. I must say, wherever he plays, he can't get worse.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back