• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Wycombe Wanderers | The Carabao Cup

Yeah, I’m yet to be convinced. It’s also looking like we’ve recruited badly again, although it’s still early for the new guys so I’m trying to keep an open mind.

It's hard, isn't it. You want them to do well. You look for little signs - you cling on to a good shot, or a decent cross, or a crunching tackle or whatever.

But in your heart of hearts, you can't escape the feeling you're trying too hard to convince yourself of something that just isn't there.

There are about 2 or 3 of our new players I feel that way about right now. The problem I've got is knowing the track record of the numpties who have brought them to the club. It does not fill you with hope.

It’s funny we say about Grimes and Fulton (I know it’s clear as day it doesn’t work at all) but we got to two play offs one being a final with them as our pairing 🤣
That was when they were at their peak (even though it weren't great..how many games did we spawn under Cooper) time moves on in football.. it's too comfy down fairwood IMO.. the players don't want promotion, they don't want extra games.. they know if we go up, they'll probably be gone.. remember when cliques and Monk was on his way out.. what he did.. it's clear what's happening.. and the sensible fans have decided to not renew.. we'll struggle all season, on the edge, about 10 games left, they'll decide to put a shift in, we'll end up 12th-18th.. bookmark it

Let’s get some perspective. Tonight Williams fielded a team of relative strangers and the Chuckle Brothers in the midfield engine room. Zan was starved of service. Williams made changes way, way too late.

Abbey is a class act who was thrown in the deep end tonight before he has had a chance to get to know his teammates. Bianchini should also have been introduced as a sub with a settled formation around him.

Do you honestly think that a starting line-up of (say)
Vigy
Key Abbey Darling Tymon
Franco Allen
Eom Ginnelly Ronald
Zan
… is relegation fodder?

We don’t have a brilliant squad but it is good enough for a top half finish with the right management.

Well I've seen some rubbish over the years, but tonight's performance of you can call it that, is there at its worse.
Totally devoid of any thought of how to beat an organised lower ranked team.
Don't worry lads it's 90 minutes so we can play our slow methodical chess game and it will all come good.
There was nothing but negatives to be taken from tonight.
It highlights how unbalanced the squad is with no leaders of the will to win.
From team selection to the final whistle it only shows that it will be a long difficult season

Wycombe have drawn Villa at home in the next round.

How many £ thousands have we just thrown away.

As
Well I've seen some rubbish over the years, but tonight's performance of you can call it that, is there at its worse.
Totally devoid of any thought of how to beat an organised lower ranked team.
Don't worry lads it's 90 minutes so we can play our slow methodical chess game and it will all come good.
There was nothing but negatives to be taken from tonight.
It highlights how unbalanced the squad is with no leaders of the will to win.
From team selection to the final whistle it only shows that it will be a long difficult season
As well as benching Grimes and Fulton for the next few games, I’d make Darling captain. He displays more leadership on the pitch than any other player, Grimes included. Oli Cooper would be my second choice (can he play CM?).

That was when they were at their peak (even though it weren't great..how many games did we spawn under Cooper) time moves on in football.. it's too comfy down fairwood IMO.. the players don't want promotion, they don't want extra games.. they know if we go up, they'll probably be gone.. remember when cliques and Monk was on his way out.. what he did.. it's clear what's happening.. and the sensible fans have decided to not renew.. we'll struggle all season, on the edge, about 10 games left, they'll decide to put a shift in, we'll end up 12th-18th.. bookmark it
I think there’s something to be said for this. Fat championship contracts and players knowing that’s their level could well lead to staying firmly in a comfort zone and perpetuating a clover lined existence at your level. The football equivalent of “hiding in the organisational cracks” that I was advised to do in my first day in the civil service in 1981.

Wycombe have drawn Villa at home in the next round.

How many £ thousands have we just thrown away.
Saves us from an embarrassing stuffing from the Villa in that case.
A completely clueless performance, wish I hadn't made the effort to turn up for the game because most of our players didn't bloody bother

Let’s get some perspective. Tonight Williams fielded a team of relative strangers and the Chuckle Brothers in the midfield engine room. Zan was starved of service. Williams made changes way, way too late.

Abbey is a class act who was thrown in the deep end tonight before he has had a chance to get to know his teammates. Bianchini should also have been introduced as a sub with a settled formation around him.

Do you honestly think that a starting line-up of (say)
Vigy
Key Abbey Darling Tymon
Franco Allen
Eom Ginnelly Ronald
Zan
… is relegation fodder?

We don’t have a brilliant squad but it is good enough for a top half finish with the right management.
I’ll be honest, when I read that team and your question about relegation fodder, I thought, yeah probably 🤣

That was as bad as anything we’ve seen over the past decade or so.

Absolutely no pace or creativity, some of the new recruits look frankly dreadful (Eom!), that bloke up front looks like Newhouse, none of our wingers could beat an egg, the left back must sell some shirts because he is a terrible player on todays evidence, Grimes and Fulton are a complete disaster. And to top it all off, we don’t look like we give a single crap.

Good luck selling those extra season tickets this year.
Hahaha Aiden Shithouse. Remember him being woeful at home to Scum. Alsop replaced him and we turned , what should have been a whitewash, into a last minute victory

Barcelona stopped playing this 'keep it on the ground at all times, bar crosses' because they stopped winning. Everybody knows how to handle it, block the channels forward from the man on the ball, no need to defend areas, rush press when someone at the back gets isolated on the ball, as they will.

Players are so used to having no forward pass available they stop looking and their first and only thought is to pass back. Look at what the player on the ball sees in front of him most of the time, a wall of opposition faces. It's easy to exploit that, there are inevitably large areas left empty, but that means a chip which is not allowed, so pass it back. Dejection sets in, it's boring to watch, it's boring to play.

Football has moved on, this style is out of date, everyone knows the counters, it's only useful as a tool in the box, not as the only tool. It is not the players who are at fault, it is the way they are being told to play.
Like Spain have done. No more tippy tappy nonsense.

I think we need some fresh songs and chants too. We sing the same stuff we were about 15 years ago, maybe a name change here and there but that's it.
I was cringing at the "Cardiff get battered everywhere they go" chant tonight, 3 days after we certainly did not batter them.

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said on here, this team plays dreadful football and the person responsible is Williams.

A big reality check for those who were bigging up all the new signings, Eom and Ronald have had more poor displays than good. Abbey really struggled tonight and was guilty of giving the ball away several times. Bianchini struggled to get into the game, although it wasn't for a lack of effort.

I assumed Wycombe must have started the season really well, I looked at half time and they've actually lost 2 of their first 3 league games, as well as losing their first game in the EFL trophy. This after they finished 10th in League One last season, 11 points outside the playoffs.

Throw in that they were missing a few players and that really gives some perspective as to the direction we're heading under Williams.

Vipotnik had 13 touches.
Vigouroux had 42 touches.

This team plays the most dour, negative brand of football, which is portrayed as possession based dominance. I've never been fully on board the Williams wagon but tonight has tipped me off it, the guy is cut from the same cloth as Martin

There's been a whole drummergate thing going on for Wycombe the last couple of seasons, think they had to "appoint" the current one as another one was not too popular.
Oh piss off. Drums are annoying. I don't go to a game to have to listen to a one man gig constantly. Remember drummer turning up by our spot on North Bank back in the day. We told him best fuck off if he didn't want it wrapped around his head.

I think there’s something to be said for this. Fat championship contracts and players knowing that’s their level could well lead to staying firmly in a comfort zone and perpetuating a clover lined existence at your level. The football equivalent of “hiding in the organisational cracks” that I was advised to do in my first day in the civil service in 1981.
100% mon, you remember when Ki downed tools because he knew another prem team were after him.. Monk literally went to the chairman and dripped him information for career prospects.. Fulton and Grimes downed tools 2 years ago.. clear as day and nearly everyone sees it now.. except when it's Derby day.. the players need to realize we're an economical backwater, Premier League football attracts business opportunity beyond recognition, the university will attract people all over the world to enhance connections, people are currently watching what they spend in Swansea, that's why thousands are not renewing, even people on modest incomes are swerving it.. our economy, especially after brexit is f*cked, and you've got these tw*ts out on the football pitch holding the key to future prosperity, passing 5 yards to one another like it's walking football for geriatrics.. having a multi billion pound organisation in the local economy boosts business prosperity, pubs, nightclubs, restaurants, bingo halls, clothes shops, the university will go up the rankings.. but you've captain tw*tface and his mate not wanting to jeopardize their salaries for the next 4 years.. ask the chef, the kitman and margetson how their family members are doing in Swansea East and Neath.. they're not spending f*ck all.. tonight you've got people saying Darling and Cabango are alright.. God, these c*nts are in a position to help to end foodbanks.. and they're putting in these performances.. their neighbour's are probably mightily pissed off with their business productivity an all.. but they turn up for the Derby mun.. fans are not turning up lads

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back