• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second hand Cars.

Cooperman said:
cmajack said:
Took my car for a service into sinclair in Gorseinon, saw a skoda in the showroom for sale at £43,000 . There's not many people laughing at skoda jokes any more, seems the laugh is actually on us.

Engineered by VW with hundred of millions of Euros poured into technology and development. The majority of powertrain elements are shared between VW and Skoda, it’s only the ‘skin’ that looks different. Vehicles built in highly automated, modern and lean factories. Much in the same way as what Dacia is to Renault.

I've had an Octavia for over 3 years, best car I've ever had - basically it's a Golf GTI with a bigger boot for less money.
Going back to the world shortage of semiconductors, new car supplies are massively affected with a knock on effect to second hand car prices.
Anyone passing through Avonmouth have a look to the side of the motorway where you normally see hundreds & hundreds of new cars.
I ordered a new Octavia at the start of October, estimated delivery date was May of next year & that's probably optimistic!

Skodas are great cars now, as are Dacias. My father owns a handful of Porches, Mercedes and BMWs (I didn’t know how to type that without sounding like a pr*ck :lol: ) and he bought a Dacia a few years back as a runaround. He almost lives in the Dacia now - great little workhorses and very affordable.

MajorR said:
A4Jack said:
January looks like it'll be a bit easier buying wise. I work in the car trade and prices are coming down after increasing ridiculously throughout the year. Best example is the Land Rover Defender, 50kish for basic new price, selling for £63k+ in the past few months at six months old. Bought a three month old Ford Kuga which was worth £21k and at the same age it is now worth £28k, bonkers...

Car prices went down 1.2% last month and look the same ready for January so there are deals. Best advice is to take advantage of deposit contributions if going down PCP, haggle like hell, and always buy under the trade guide price. So buy under cap clean, there are bargains out there just get the part exchange valuations on the new car when searching.

Can I ask you a question? Hoe you don’t mind.

Got a car I was considering selling via Motorway. It’s a 5 year old Focus in excellent condition with the exception of a crease which was caused when a gust of wind blew another car door which my son was opening in to the car. Is it worth me getting the damage fixed and selling or am I better off just putting it up for sale as is and letting a “dealer” get it fixed as they will get it done at trade rates?

Thanks

Tbf Cooperman gave you good advice fella. If you don't think it's noticeable and were looking at part exchanging then I'd get a deal agreed over the phone and don't mention it to get maximum value. Nine times out of ten dealers are so keen for the business they won't look in detail.

I've had personal dealings with motorway and webuyanycar and unfortunately their general aim is to batter down prices with small or virtually non existent damage. Best to avoid. Fully endorse Cazoo and Cinch, both absolutely bend over backwards for customers.

Cazoo will buy straight if you have owned more than six months, Cinch I think do similar but it is the most hassle free process buying or selling to them. Just beware that Cazoo have dropped their part ex and selling prices for the moment as they've obviously been burned by losing £120m last year...

Anybody considering buying from them remember you have seven days to chanbf mind

Test drove a 3 year old BMW X3 M Sport this morning from the dealers at Cwmbwrla, beautiful drive, cost twice as much as I paid for my house in 1980.. didn’t buy it.
The showroom was very busy, salesman reckoned they had sold over 70 cars this month, probably bull but you never know.

Lifelong said:
Test drove a 3 year old BMW X3 M Sport this morning from the dealers at Cwmbwrla, beautiful drive, cost twice as much as I paid for my house in 1980.. didn’t buy it.
The showroom was very busy, salesman reckoned they had sold over 70 cars this month, probably bull but you never know.

To be honest I think the sport versions of 4x4s or 'SUVs' as they are called are a bit of a con in the hope that footballers splash 100k on an overpriced car. Sure they have a bit of straight line performance, but it's a bit like giving a fat man some £200 sprinting shoes.

Lifelong said:

X3 is a decent car, so much money though. If it was like 68 reg it's 30k plus. If that's the sort of car you're looking for the Audi Q5 or Merc GLC might be cheaper!

Wouldn't be surprised if that's true, they have a huge compound behind Wickes full of used and pre reg stock despite the chip shortage

About 20 years ago when there weren’t any on the road Trainers gave me a 4.5 litre X5 for 24 hours.
Jesus Holy Mother of God it was frightening. :lol:
Andy Moore the rugby player bought it off them in the end.

MrSwerve said:
Lifelong said:

To be honest I think the sport versions of 4x4s or 'SUVs' as they are called are a bit of a con in the hope that footballers splash 100k on an overpriced car. Sure they have a bit of straight line performance, but it's a bit like giving a fat man some £200 sprinting shoes.

The (overpriced) Macan is an exception there, but, yeah, physics says they won’t be as good to drive as something not on stilts. Wifey unfortunately likes sitting “high up” and refused cushions, but both she and I enjoy her Pug 3008. It’s a fine car, leased on 4 year deal for £250 per month. Auto, all mod cons including sunroof. Engine’s a bit rough under load but easily liveable with.

As well as Cazoo, I’ve used “The Car Buying Group” from Wakefield to sell my fathers car when he died. They were also excellent and didn’t try to mess me about at all after we’d agreed the price on the phone. I’ve heard horror stories about We buy any car though, I’d avoid them. Should also try local garages if it’s a mid range car. Got a great price for Mrs M’s Kia from a local trader. Much better than part ex or one of the cash buying companies.

I bought a new Dacia Sandero Stepway in October.....was told load had bought one.....haven't seen any on the roads at all for last 10 weeks🤣😂🤣🤣

Car salesmen......file under "yank football club owners"👍😉

We Buy Any Car is owned by British Car auctions and they also own Cinch, they use the source of cars through BCA and WBAC to supply Cinch, they cut the supply to normal dealers who would normally buy at auction. The cars they don’t want are put back through the auctions so they get the fees and leave ordinary dealers with the high mileage or damaged vehicles.

Things will probably get worse as a result of this type of business plan.

Cooperman said:
MajorR said:
Can I ask you a question? Hoe you don’t mind.

Got a car I was considering selling via Motorway. It’s a 5 year old Focus in excellent condition with the exception of a crease which was caused when a gust of wind blew another car door which my son was opening in to the car. Is it worth me getting the damage fixed and selling or am I better off just putting it up for sale as is and letting a “dealer” get it fixed as they will get it done at trade rates?

Thanks

A dealer will get it done at cost but then add a mark up for you.

Get it done yourself, these guys are excellent and mobile.

http://smart-repair-wales.co.uk/

I had these up to do my campervan earlier and they did an incredible job.

Darran said:
Cooperman said:
A dealer will get it done at cost but then add a mark up for you.

Get it done yourself, these guys are excellent and mobile.

http://smart-repair-wales.co.uk/

Plenty of welding was done, or so I've been told and they're unable to find the reason that it doesn't travel in a straight line :lol: :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:

Plenty of welding was done, or so I've been told and they're unable to find the reason that it doesn't travel in a straight line :lol: :lol:

No welding but the paintwork looks brand new.
Highly recommended.

Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:

No welding but the paintwork looks brand new.
Highly recommended.

Lad has got a few nasty stone chips on his car, but not sure if he wants to get them sorted, he really wanted this car, but he's got to be pushed into giving it a wash ffs, drives me mad.

Cooperman said:
Engineered by VW with hundred of millions of Euros poured into technology and development. The majority of powertrain elements are shared between VW and Skoda, it’s only the ‘skin’ that looks different. Vehicles built in highly automated, modern and lean factories. Much in the same way as what Dacia is to Renault.

Guy I know has a Skoda Karoq. It's basically an Audi Q3 (also owned by VW) for ten grand less.

I had been considering a Dacia Stepway for my next car, but I've not heard great things about the Nissan CVT that comes with it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back