• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second hand Cars.

Dr. Winston said:
Cooperman said:
Engineered by VW with hundred of millions of Euros poured into technology and development. The majority of powertrain elements are shared between VW and Skoda, it’s only the ‘skin’ that looks different. Vehicles built in highly automated, modern and lean factories. Much in the same way as what Dacia is to Renault.

Guy I know has a Skoda Karoq. It's basically an Audi Q3 (also owned by VW) for ten grand less.

I had been considering a Dacia Stepway for my next car, but I've not heard great things about the Nissan CVT that comes with it.

Nissan CVT has been around for years. Nothing wrong with it in terms of durability however it’s far from being classed as cutting technology.

Dacia Sandero Stepway's are magnificent.
Someone said they have concerns, fear not!

dickythorpe said:
Dacia Sandero Stepway's are magnificent.
Someone said they have concerns, fear not!

Plenty up here-a lot of bang for your buck. Just got a new car-was a choice between a Yaris (too small), Polo (poor part X for my VW UP), Clio/Stepway (both nice) and a Hyundai i20. Got a better deal on the Hyundai which has a wee bit more grunt and more safety kit than the Dacia and Renault but really not much in it.

Cooperman said:
Nissan CVT has been around for years. Nothing wrong with it in terms of durability however it’s far from being classed as cutting technology.

Good to know. Cheers.

Got a Kia with a robot box at the moment. Want something a bit quicker shifting upwards next time so was looking at a DCT or CVT.

Dr. Winston said:
Cooperman said:

Good to know. Cheers.

Got a Kia with a robot box at the moment. Want something a bit quicker shifting upwards next time so was looking at a DCT or CVT.

CVT is horrible imo. Like an elastic band. Hated it on a Nissan we had as a hire car once. Try it before you buy. Certainly don't get a Ford Powershit version. DCT is quicker to shift but less reliable and poor around town, quite jerky. You also can't 'creep' in traffic jams without potentially overheating the clutch (Kia uses DCT in their 'automatics'. We had one in the Sportage). Personally, I would always choose a normal torque converter. Worse on fuel but so much more reliable and predictable.

Cooperman said:
cmajack said:
Took my car for a service into sinclair in Gorseinon, saw a skoda in the showroom for sale at £43,000 . There's not many people laughing at skoda jokes any more, seems the laugh is actually on us.

Engineered by VW with hundred of millions of Euros poured into technology and development. The majority of powertrain elements are shared between VW and Skoda, it’s only the ‘skin’ that looks different. Vehicles built in highly automated, modern and lean factories. Much in the same way as what Dacia is to Renault.

Bought my current car brand new when I moved to Spain three and a half years ago, undoubtedly the best car I've ever owned. A Skoda Octavia VRS diesel estate. Roomy, comfortable, goes like shyte off a shovel, does 60mpg, all the refinements on top like Canon sound system, rear camera, parking assist, voice control, GPS, hands free phone, too many to mention. Get one if you can!

Pegojack said:
Cooperman said:

Bought my current car brand new when I moved to Spain three and a half years ago, undoubtedly the best car I've ever owned. A Skoda Octavia VRS diesel estate. Roomy, comfortable, goes like shyte off a shovel, does 60mpg, all the refinements on top like Canon sound system, rear camera, parking assist, voice control, GPS, hands free phone, too many to mention. Get one if you can!

I bought a VRS petrol hatchback at around the same time as you, couldn't agree more.
I've got a new one on order.

Manselton Jack said:
Pegojack said:

I bought a VRS petrol hatchback at around the same time as you, couldn't agree more.

Fantastic car you won't be disappointed in the new shape. The screen and technology is a bit fiddly but cutting edge at least.

They look fantastic imo too

Jack12345 said:
New car prices have got very expensive why is that.

Shortage of microchips as there aren’t many factories that make them and they’ve been hit by covid. Mostly in the Far East (Asia that is, not Chepstow!). And you can’t ramp up production in other places as it takes ages and loads of $$$ to build the clean factory facilities needed.

I’m willing to sell my 9.8 year old 1.2 Fiat Panda for £50k if anyone wants it. Very low mileage and I got most of the kids’ sick out of the seatbelts.

Just to add to that. We’re looking to change our small car and were thinking of leasing. It’s all 16+ weeks waiting lists. Crazy.

A4Jack said:
Manselton Jack said:

Fantastic car you won't be disappointed in the new shape. The screen and technology is a bit fiddly but cutting edge at least.

They look fantastic imo too
A few software glitches initially (common to all the VAG brands) but they'll be ironed out by the time I get mine!

Eventually got rid of my Freelander, part exchanged it for a 4 year old VW Passat estate 2.0 Diesel with Ron Skinner,low mileage,high 50’s to the gallon, pleased with the car, tows my boat a treat and has a huge boot.

Jinxy said:
I've always felt that the fewer visit to those sharks the better. I buy quality and aim to keep for 10 years. Love the challenges it presents too!

My philosophy also. I'm on my third car since 1997.

It's dead exciting when "new car time" eventually comes around. Almost like emerging from a time capsule.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back