• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second hand Cars.

I've had a Vectra estate since 2007. It's massive. Taken 4 big blokes, their cases and golf bags on a break easily. Had a 3 seater bench in their last week. Still going strong so why change it ? It's just throwing money away. Good oil and filters twice a year, job done. If we're going away we take the wife's Hyundai.
Just don't forget to wash it every 6 months. It's metallic grey so it's difficult to tell if it has been washed or not.

Lifelong said:
Eventually got rid of my Freelander, part exchanged it for a 4 year old VW Passat estate 2.0 Diesel with Ron Skinner,low mileage,high 50’s to the gallon, pleased with the car, tows my boat a treat and has a huge boot.

Keep the oil fresh, filters and belts changed and it will last forever. I had one back in 2006, added 100k in three years before it moved on. I take the odd look at its recent MOT history and it’s still going strong with 400k on clock, it must be a taxi or something.

Cooperman said:
Lifelong said:
Eventually got rid of my Freelander, part exchanged it for a 4 year old VW Passat estate 2.0 Diesel with Ron Skinner,low mileage,high 50’s to the gallon, pleased with the car, tows my boat a treat and has a huge boot.

Keep the oil fresh, filters and belts changed and it will last forever. I had one back in 2006, added 100k in three years before it moved on. I take the odd look at its recent MOT history and it’s still going strong with 400k on clock, it must be a taxi or something.

This one has only done 38k with one previous owner.

Squarebear said:
Jinxy said:
I've always felt that the fewer visit to those sharks the better. I buy quality and aim to keep for 10 years. Love the challenges it presents too!

My philosophy also. I'm on my third car since 1997.

It's dead exciting when "new car time" eventually comes around. Almost like emerging from a time capsule.

Me too, last 3 cars I've had before current one, I had for 7 years, 7 years & 8 years going back to 1998.

Lifelong said:
Cooperman said:

This one has only done 38k with one previous owner.

You're good for another 362k then :D

Dr. Winston said:
Ended up going for a Suzuki Vitara in the end myself.

Got to say they are great cars - I hired the All Grip model for 4 weeks in Iceland and it was unbelievably versatile and good on fuel.

Pentyrchjack said:
Got to say they are great cars - I hired the All Grip model for 4 weeks in Iceland and it was unbelievably versatile and good on fuel.

Only had it just over a week and getting 42-45mpg at the moment, which I can live with for an automatic petrol SUV.

Currently driving an 08 mondeo with 160k on the clock. Passes the mot each year with no issues, 50mpg, and it's so lovely to drive.

Will drive it until it dies

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back