• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Showing some ambition

Woody Woodpecker Song

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Well done ti the club on showing some intent in this window.

Potentially a very good day today with 3 excellent signings.

Possibly a striker and hopefully Lowe from Wigan and maybe another centre half and we are done barring more departures.

Or spending money we don't have. We'll see if anyone goes out to offset what's coming in.

Dr. Winston said:
Or spending money we don't have. We'll see if anyone goes out to offset what's coming in.

As it stands we haven’t spent a penny other than a few loan fees though?

VDH has gone hasn't he so has Gallagher, Brewster and Mulder

3 of the 5 were with us last season as well.

So hardly overspending but I am happy with the way things are shaping up

Risc said:
As it stands we haven’t spent a penny other than a few loan fees though?

Those loan fees won't be cheap. Nor will some contract renewals. Not to mention some of the permanent deals reported if any come off.

Regardless of the fact that according to many we were on the bones of our arse and facing another firesale (not an interpretation I particularly agreed with, but we certainly didn't have much spare money knocking around) it seems obvious that extra cash has been found. What is wanted in return for it concerns me.

Seems the club cant win bring in players and they get criticism for spending too much.

Fail to spend and the owners get hammered again heading to leagye 1 asset stripping blah blah blah.

Out
Mulder
Wilmot
VDH
Brewster
Gallagher

In
Woodman
Naughton signed new contract
Routeledge signed new contract
Smith
Guehi to be confirmed
Morgan Gibbs White.

We need to be competive and we will be with these signings.

Hopefully shift Ayew and that will free up a bit more.

The club deserves some praise in my book anyway.

Woody Woodpecker Song said:
Seems the club cant win bring in players and they get criticism for spending too much.

Fail to spend and the owners get hammered again heading to leagye 1 asset stripping blah blah blah.

Out
Mulder
Wilmot
VDH
Brewster
Gallagher

In
Woodman
Naughton signed new contract
Routeledge signed new contract
Smith
Guehi to be confirmed
The Wolves lad cant remember his name sorry.

We need to be competive and we will be with these signings.

Hopefully shift Ayew and that will free up a bit more.

The club deserves some praise in my book anyway.

Dr. Winston doesn’t criticise; he’s a realist.

Yes I get that but either you want a competitive challenging team or you want a relegation battle.
with a perfect balance sheet.

After relegation we sold over 50 million quids worth of players another 40 odd million last season.

Sales that were far higher than any other club in the EFL.

Surely we can enjoy a good day in the transfer market today.

Nah bollox to that I will worry about the balance sheet instead.

Either you want a competitive challenging team or you want a relegation battle.

After relegation we sold over 50 million quids worth of players another 40 odd million last season.

Our balance sheet was fine in 2011 and our team was competitive and challenging. How challenging were Stoke last season after spending £6m more than us (plus God knows how much in wages)?

There's not a fan out there who shouldn't care at least a bit about the balance sheet. Too few of them do and then end up whinging and slagging owners off when they wind up in administration, or worse.

It's too much about what clubs spend. Not enough about how much a club can afford to spend.

Dr. Winston said:

Our balance sheet was fine in 2011 and our team was competitive and challenging. How challenging were Stoke last season after spending £6m more than us (plus God knows how much in wages)?

There's not a fan out there who shouldn't care at least a bit about the balance sheet. Too few of them do and then end up whinging and slagging owners off when they wind up in administration, or worse.

It's too much about what clubs spend. Not enough about how much a club can afford to spend.

Stoke are probably the best most recent example of demonstrating that spending big does not guarantee success.
The efforts of Wycombe Wanderers is demonstration that a competitive team can be aligned with a structured low budget.

Cooperman said:
Dr. Winston said:

Stoke are probably the best most recent example of demonstrating that spending big does not guarantee success.
The efforts of Wycombe Wanderers is demonstration that a competitive team can be aligned with a structured low budget.

We haven’t spent big? We have got rid of high earners, signed a lad on a free and signed three prospects on loan which will be minuscule. I honestly have no idea how anyone could say we have overspent on the business we have done to date. That’s completely nonsense. The contract renewal of Naughton you can assume is on lesser terms aswell.

If Lowe comes in, you can absolutely guarantee atleast one player will be leaving for a transfer fee, my guess would be Roberts as it stands.

Dr. Winston said:

Why are we being compared to Stoke?

Apart from the miniscule bit that's pretty much how I see it as well.

The loans will cost a bit but I don't think they will break the bank either.

Apart from the miniscule bit that's pretty much how I see it as well.

The loans will cost a bit but I don't think they will break the bank either.

How much do you think Barnsley paid us for Oli? I guarantee it wasn’t much. All the teams in the league will be utilising the loan market, it doesn’t break bank.

It does seem a bit of a no win scenario for the owners at the moment. I’ve been first to criticise in past but they’ve made what looks to be astute cheap signings and now we are being compared to going down same route as Stoke?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back