• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Showing some ambition

Reading the thread I don’t think anyone’s comparing us with Stoke.

Coops & the Dr just mentioned them as an example of spending money badly.

Think we need to hold fire until we see what the squad looks like for the Preston game.

Not jumping through hoops personally on the re-signings of Routs the fringe player but Naughton can do a job.

We are losing the spine of the side and a shed full of goals as it stands (unless Ayew remains) so until our front line is resolved there is no ambition to get excited about so far.

PencoedJack said:

Yeah, but bringing them up, when we haven’t signed anyone for a fee I find quite baffling.

We’ve replaced loanees with loanees and one of our top earners in VDH with a free signing who won’t be on anywhere near premier league wages.

PencoedJack said:

Correct.

Woody Woodpecker Song said:
VDH has gone hasn't he so has Gallagher, Brewster and Mulder

3 of the 5 were with us last season as well.

So hardly overspending but I am happy with the way things are shaping up

Guehi and Woodman, remind me who the other who was with us from last season who will be with us this. It's nagging the bejesus out of me.

old cob said:
Woody Woodpecker Song said:
VDH has gone hasn't he so has Gallagher, Brewster and Mulder

3 of the 5 were with us last season as well.

So hardly overspending but I am happy with the way things are shaping up

Guehi and Woodman, remind me who the other who was with us from last season who will be with us this. It's nagging the bejesus out of me.

Routledge?

Was including Naughton as well as I didnt expect him to sign a new contract.

But yes we have signed 2 new players renewed 2 loans when Guehi signs. and extended contracts of Routeledge and Naughton.

Also favs for Lowe and still in with a shout for Brewster.

Ringwood Jack said:
Think we need to hold fire until we see what the squad looks like for the Preston game.

Not jumping through hoops personally on the re-signings of Routs the fringe player but Naughton can do a job.

We are losing the spine of the side and a shed full of goals as it stands (unless Ayew remains) so until our front line is resolved there is no ambition to get excited about so far.
Spot on. Losing Brewster, and possibly Ayew ,will have a devastating effect on our ability to score goals.
There is a lot of work still to be done before we can look forward to next season with any degree of optimism.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back