• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Six degrees of Separation

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Is this really a thing?

An interesting concept if proven as mathematicians claim.

🔷️AI overview
The idea that everyone is six or fewer social connections away from each other is known as the six degrees of separation theory, or the six handshakes rule. This means that any two people can be connected through a chain of "friend of a friend" statements in a maximum of six steps. The theory was first proposed in 1929 by Hungarian writer Frigyes Karinthy in his short story Chains. In the story, one character challenges the others to find someone they can't connect to in fewer than five intermediaries.

Just started a new job and turns out I spent a night out in Ibiza with the bloke I'm sitting next to, nearly twenty years ago.

He even had photographic proof of us having a beer together.

Just started a new job and turns out I spent a night out in Ibiza with the bloke I'm sitting next to, nearly twenty years ago.

He even had photographic proof of us having a beer together.
Over the years I've experienced lots of instances of how small a space we live in.
One occasion I was walking through Killarney on a quiet Sunday afternoon (I was seeing a girl from there for a while) when from across the road someone shouted my name, I'd actually played football against him less than a week earlier in Cwmamman who was visiting his family .

I have a mate of a mate of a mate of a mate who is friends with Lionel Messi.

Is this really a thing?

An interesting concept if proven as mathematicians claim.

🔷️AI overview
The idea that everyone is six or fewer social connections away from each other is known as the six degrees of separation theory, or the six handshakes rule. This means that any two people can be connected through a chain of "friend of a friend" statements in a maximum of six steps. The theory was first proposed in 1929 by Hungarian writer Frigyes Karinthy in his short story Chains. In the story, one character challenges the others to find someone they can't connect to in fewer than five intermediaries.

Very thought provoking for a Friday morning.

my daughters friend lives in windsor castle :)
my cousins mate is married to the queens granddaughter
bloody royals are such skanks

We’re all on two degrees of separation on here. We know Prosser and Prosser knows literally everyone else.
He thinks he does, in reality he knows very little he just makes assumptions on people, he needs to find a better hobby, like visiting the barbers regularly :ROFLMAO:

The Peter Gabriel track "We Do What We're Told" on his "So" album is a reference to one of Stanley Milgram's other social experiments, hence the subtitle (Milgram's 37).

BTW, I used to play in a band with someone who was and still is, a close friend of Peter Gabriel so that's only 2 connections!

The Peter Gabriel track "We Do What We're Told" on his "So" album is a reference to one of Stanley Milgram's other social experiments, hence the subtitle (Milgram's 37).

BTW, I used to play in a band with someone who was and still is, a close friend of Peter Gabriel so that's only 2 connections!
Posted this a couple of weeks ago which mentioned a guy who was the singer in a band I played in over 40 years ago and found out he died last week aged 73.

I absolutely f*cking hate 2024.:cry:

Last edited:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back