• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Squad numbers revealed

JackBaston

First Team Player
Reaction score
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-2021-22-squad-numbers-revealed

Normally pay little attention to this but no No 9 in the squad, does Martin have someone lined up for that shirt?

PSumbler said:
Normally pay little attention to this but no No 9 in the squad, does Martin have someone lined up for that shirt?

Hopefully, and we send one of the youngsters out on loan to gain valuable experience, a proven goalscorer is always handy

PSumbler said:

I swear Piroe wore it on Saturday, so that to me suggests hes expecting a new number 9, there are rumours in Belgium that Thomas is still on our radar and obviously the new Shankland rumours

No Routledge number also, did he reject our contract extension? He's not got anything on his bio about us either (e.g. Swansea player)

JackBaston said:
PSumbler said:

I swear Piroe wore it on Saturday, so that to me suggests hes expecting a new number 9, there are rumours in Belgium that Thomas is still on our radar and obviously the new Shankland rumours

No Routledge number also, did he reject our contract extension? He's not got anything on his bio about us either (e.g. Swansea player)

Think we can expect a defender to wear 4 perhaps our a holding midfielder, a number 9 and a couple of others but you'd imagine that there must be something lined up for those two positions?

A4Jack said:
JackBaston said:

Think we can expect a defender to wear 4 perhaps our a holding midfielder, a number 9 and a couple of others but you'd imagine that there must be something lined up for those two positions?

I think a striker and another cm are guaranteed to come in, probably Laird too
probably between Garner and Kasumu or both, striker no idea, Thomas and Shankland are only links I can see
I did see a few whispers about Delap with Guardiola wanting him to play in a top Championship team that plays passing football but think he was linked heavily with Stoke

Broja would be a good signing on loan from Chelsea but seriously doubt he would play in the Championship.

Thomas Henry likes wearing number 9 :eek:

JackBaston said:
PSumbler said:

Yeah, Piroe was no 9 on saturday. Looked promising too in his very short cameo.

Swansea93 said:
Broja would be a good signing on loan from Chelsea but seriously doubt he would play in the Championship.

Henry would be fantastic but his club seem stubborn to sell, he's apparently very unhappy he couldnt join us
I do feel like we've kept the 9 jersey open for a big signing though and not a loan

JackBaston said:
Swansea93 said:

Henry would be fantastic but his club seem stubborn to sell, he's apparently very unhappy he couldnt join us
I do feel like we've kept the 9 jersey open for a big signing though and not a loan
Got a feeling this one could drag out to the end of the window, think he’ll come in providing Grimes or Roberts is sold.

Swansea93 said:
JackBaston said:
Got a feeling this one could drag out to the end of the window, think he’ll come in providing Grimes or Roberts is sold.

Almost certainly, though we'll probably end up with Hal Robson-Kanu or something

JackBaston said:
Swansea93 said:

Almost certainly, though we'll probably end up with Hal Robson-Kanu or something

Please don’t Baston :lol: haven’t Cardiff offered him a deal? Perfect for them

Swansea93 said:
JackBaston said:

:lol: :lol:

Or maybe you'll bring me back

JackBaston said:
Swansea93 said:

:lol: :lol:

Or maybe you'll bring me back

You might flourish in a passing possession based team fancy another dance Borja Baston baby?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back