• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Starmer

Funnily enough I’m not mad on a Chardonnay but love a Chablis with my scampi and chips. I’m away from home so I’ve spent far too much time on here the last couple of weeks. 😁
I'm sorry I looked in, I turned Laptop on to look for estate agents in Swansea to phone, but this form was still alive and kicking :ROFLMAO:

And Breathe I('m off for now, I'm gonna try and sneak back in latter and see if its safe to do so :ROFLMAO:

Keep you're knickers on you Jesse's, Epaul can keep his bra on to :ROFLMAO:

Where I will agree with you is that this new Labour government is not radical enough for my liking. They could do a lot more, for example get a true progressive tax system in place to tax those with the broadest shoulders the most and punish tax dodging c*nts. Reform corporation tax and make sure the likes of Amazon pay their fare share.
Abolish the house of Lords, bring in PR, start negotiations with the EU about reversing Brexit, nationalise the railways and water companies, invest heavily in public services i.e. the NHS, the social care system, new council houses, schools, the prison system, police force, armed forces. Get the national energy company up and running.
And that's just for starters.
Agree with most of that Mike and looking forward to discussing it more next Saturday but PR has to come before the EU will even begin to entertain the idea of us rejoining because while we have the FPTP electoral system, there is always the possibility that we will at some point, have another Tory government like the one we've just got rid of and the EU are all too aware of that. Will it happen in 5 years? Probably not but it might in 10 years when a lot of people will have forgotten how truly awful they were and if they do get in again, one of their priorities will be to undo any steps Labour may taken to pave the way towards rejoining and any work the EU would have undertaken up to that point would have been a massive waste of their time. I'm afraid rejoining isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

I find it very odd that people expect 14 years of Tory carnage to be sorted within a month.
Who said that then? It certainly wasn’t me.
Starmer isn’t the answer to the values l believe in 100% he’s not a working mans man,
I don’t give a fuk about what he may or may not earn either.
I’m more than happy with what l earn, but l don’t want to be robbed as l go into my my latter years.
I’ve got little faith in Starmer.

Starmer isn’t the answer to the values l believe in 100% he’s not a working mans man,
I’m more than happy with what l earn, but l don’t want to be robbed as l go into my my latter years.
I didn’t say you said it. Stop being paranoid. But I still don’t agree with you about Starmer. And that’s fine of course.

I didn’t say you said it. Stop being paranoid. But I still don’t agree with you about Starmer. And that’s fine of course.
Labour always, Starmer not for me, he needs to work with the Trade Unions not against them, old skool me mush 😁

Labour always, Starmer not for me, he needs to work with the Trade Unions not against them, old skool me mush 😁
I don’t agree with you either. That’s fine too innit. I’m not saying Starmer is the messiah by the way. I’d like Labour to be more radical too. But if they were more radical they wouldn’t have got elected. Ask Jeremy Corbyn. It’s always a balance.

Labour have been in government for a month. I’m not sure why people expect miracles yet were happy to keep voting and/or excusing the tories despite disaster upon catastrophe over a decade and a half (and that last bit is not in any way aimed at anyone on this thread).

I don’t agree with you either. That’s fine too innit. I’m not saying Starmer is the messiah by the way. I’d like Labour to be more radical too. But if they were more radical they wouldn’t have got elected. Ask Jeremy Corbyn. It’s always a balance.

Labour have been in government for a month. I’m not sure why people expect miracles yet were happy to keep voting and/or excusing the tories despite disaster upon catastrophe over a decade and a half (and that last bit is not in any way aimed at anyone on this thread).
I see you comrade, it's going to take a while to sort the shit the tories have created to rectify, and it will be done, my dislike for Starmer aside.

Labour have spent their first month fighting fires, quite literally in respect of the riots. But before that there was the Microsoft outage, and before that there was the prisons capacity crisis. Let's be fair.

I share many people's scepticism about what their true agenda is and how radical they are going to be (I suspect many will be disappointed) but people have got to be realistic about how much they can achieve in a 5-year term.

Going in after 14 years of the Tories is like a professional cleaner going in to the home of a former hoarder who's just died, and finding dead rats in the cupboard and tupperware tubs full of human shit buried beneath all the boxes. It's going to take them a long, long time to get through the mess they've been left to sort out.

Being as you’re rolling in it stick all your spare change in you pension, then you won’t have to worry about the winter top up.

Being as you’re rolling in it stick all your spare change in you pension, then you won’t have to worry about the winter top up.
And there’s a message that everyone should take heed of. It always annoys me when I hear folk commenting on their tax burden and yet they’re not maximising pension contributions, some big gaps in understanding of what can be done.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back