• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Starmer

The days you could walk into your neigbours house after having a tantrum uninvited .

Sat down and given a jam sandwich and watched their tele , parents knew where I was .

Weren't dogs on the street a common occurrence in the horse and cart days.. as it goes I saw two 8 year olds riding horses on mynedd newydd road earlier

Weren't dogs on the street a common occurrence in the horse and cart days.. as it goes I saw two 8 year olds riding horses on mynedd newydd road earlier
Back in the day all you'd see is white dog turds in the street everywhere kid, I blame Chappie dog food, 75% ash!
You wouldn't get that nowadays mush...

Me and my younger sis grew up with our alastian in the back garden .

Hated visitors but adored us as kids growing up .

Good they changed them back to German Shepherds too , war not their fault .

Wish I had the commitment and much needed energy to look after a dog of this statue .

Me and my younger sis grew up with our alastian in the back garden .

Hated visitors but adored us as kids growing up .

Good they changed them back to German Shepherds too , war not their fault .

Wish I had the commitment and much needed energy to look after a dog of this statue .
I bet your dog didn't move far in the back garden Robbie - especially him being a statue. 😂😇

Status , or a for the grammar police , a figure of respect was meant .
Fat fingers and getting late , smiley face here .

Thought this topic started on Starmer , now talking about statues , about right .

Not going down that road right now ,
Planet swans for you mate, let's talk pubs in Mumbles 🤣 @Pegojack

We were quite poor I guess, I went to Pentrehafod and use to get free dinners, dinner tickets were worth 55p, on a good day you could get 35p for it and go get a bag of chips and some 2p fritters up Eaton Road chippy, fair play to my parents they tried and always made sure they cold give me some money to go to watch the Swans, of course like most dads mine ducked and dived earning money whilst getting dole. Think most of us here who had that kind of lifestyle growing up sort of bettered themselves for their children to have an easier life growing up. Would I change it....not a chance 70's and 80's was the best time to be alive

Max you silly old duffer come to the game on Sat and have a couple of beers

We were quite poor I guess, I went to Pentrehafod and use to get free dinners, dinner tickets were worth 55p, on a good day you could get 35p for it and go get a bag of chips and some 2p fritters up Eaton Road chippy, fair play to my parents they tried and always made sure they cold give me some money to go to watch the Swans, of course like most dads mine ducked and dived earning money whilst getting dole. Think most of us here who had that kind of lifestyle growing up sort of bettered themselves for their children to have an easier life growing up. Would I change it....not a chance 70's and 80's was the best time to be alive

Our dinner tickets were 55p as well, used to make loads of money (pennies in reality) wheeling and dealing them. Nobody had any shame on being issued them, and nor should they either. Fantastic days.

Being as you’re rolling in it stick all your spare change in you pension, then you won’t have to worry about the winter top up.
I've boosted up my pension twice this year, but its still not enough to give me a decent return in just over 3yrs time, I wish I was rolling in whatever it is.

And the way the price of beer is going, I'll be lucky if I'm able to afford half a shandy when I do finally hang my tool bag up!

And there’s a message that everyone should take heed of. It always annoys me when I hear folk commenting on their tax burden and yet they’re not maximising pension contributions, some big gaps in understanding of what can be done.
You're taxed on what you earn to put into a pension fund and you're taxed again on your pension when the time comes for you draw it.
Taxed to death us minions while multimillionaires and big business use their clever team of "accountants" to skip around the taxman, we all know it happens.

Im off on my holihobs mun for a nice rest!

70's and 80's you missed out the 60's you old dosser!

Our dinner tickets were 55p as well, used to make loads of money (pennies in reality) wheeling and dealing them. Nobody had any shame on being issued them, and nor should they either. Fantastic days.
Yup, 55p for a dingie here too. All six of us had them. We’d be called scroungers these days.

Not keen on the term “bettered themselves” mind. I know what you’re trying to say but no amount of cash when we were kids would have made me “better”.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back