• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Starmer

I pay very little attention to my pension. I’m 53 now so I suppose I should.
It’s never too late, ECB. Your employer scheme might not provide the flexibility that you would hope for, in which case there are personal pension options available to you. Get some advice and make your money work for you in the best way possible.

My investment portfolio keeps me fairly busy, and I created one for an ex pat neighbour who was being messed about by a British investment firm (another benefit of Brexshit). I also do my Spanish tax return online (Spanish forms to be filled in) as well as my partner's and the neighbour, as well as another taxman's red tape form called Modelo720, where you have to declare all your assets outside Spain over a certain value.
I like to travel, like coming over to see the first game of the season next weekend. Just booked four days away in Bologna and Lucca in October, couldn't resist the air fares, 46€ return Valencia to Bologna with Ryanair!
You won’t be disappointed with Bologna.

Hmm, I think he’s got it wrong.
Looks that way and he's a Church goer Treasure for the Ebenezer Church Vestry on Amman Rd and house nice guy kept me chatting was there for longer than I should have been, luckily I didn't have a lot on today.:)

I'm with True Potential, get loads of emails from them and I've kept them in a separate file, I rarely look at them cause I don't understand it all.

It currently stops at state retirement age. Which is no longer 65 but was until recently.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s changed at some point so you pay NI on earnings at any age.
Well I've had my date to retire October 2027, hoping to finish earlier but it depends on to many things at the moment, got 18months let on my mortgage that I'm trying hard to reduce by paying extra.

It’s just tax these days so you should continue paying it.

Likewise the upper earnings limit should be discarded.

And I’m over my 35 years and still pay it so I’m affected by what I’ve just said.
Why should we continue to pay it though, we are massively taxed on everything and anything, while big businesses cheat and scheme to pay as little as they can, they play the system through their clever accountants etc and the little people have to pick up the short fall, there's a massive deficient brought about by the useless Tories, who wasted billions, Covid was a massive massive opportunity to make they friends richer and richer,

That money should be recovered or as much of it as possible, bankrupt the f'ing Tories slimy sneaky conniving bastards.

Couple of.points.

When I retired at 65 I worked 1 month after my birthday and didn't pay NI.

As I don't have any pay slip records I can't check what amount of NI i have paid over the years.

At current pension rate after 10 years I will get approx £120k if I'm still around after 20 years near £240k.

I doubt if I will.have paid that much NI in my lifetime.

Couple of.points.

When I retired at 65 I worked 1 month after my birthday and didn't pay NI.

As I don't have any pay slip records I can't check what amount of NI i have paid over the years.

At current pension rate after 10 years I will get approx £120k if I'm still around after 20 years near £240k.

I doubt if I will.have paid that much NI in my lifetime.
Get all you can out the bastards Clive, plenty of others do.

What's your opinion on Poole :ROFLMAO:
That’s some coincidence. My old was reminiscing yesterday about taking us down to Poole and Weymouth back when I was a nipper. I can clearly remember the train coming through Weymouth quayside with the flag man walking in front of it. Over forty years ago.

Not as nice as Bologna though.

That’s some coincidence. My old was reminiscing yesterday about taking us down to Poole and Weymouth back when I was a nipper. I can clearly remember the train coming through Weymouth quayside with the flag man walking in front of it. Over forty years ago.

Not as nice as Bologna though.
Off there soon Somerton first for a few days and then Poole, lad hasn't been going to his new respite centre for very long and if there's any issues we don't want to be out of the Country, we did last year and he ended up in Hospital after we came back and its a nightmare for him and us.

Why should we continue to pay it though, we are massively taxed on everything and anything, while big businesses cheat and scheme to pay as little as they can, they play the system through their clever accountants etc and the little people have to pick up the short fall, there's a massive deficient brought about by the useless Tories, who wasted billions, Covid was a massive massive opportunity to make they friends richer and richer,

That money should be recovered or as much of it as possible, bankrupt the f'ing Tories slimy sneaky conniving bastards.
If you're interested in all this economics malarkey, take a look at some of Gary Stevenson's videos on YouTube. He explains a lot of good stuff in simple terms and is doing his darndest to promote a heavier tax on the super rich. I buy into his view that it's wealth inequality that is likely to be the UKs (and indeed much of Europe's) downfall.

The super rich don't need income per se, they just tend to acquire assets (property principally) which leads to an increase in property values and hence makes it much harder for the younger generation to become property owners. And when you think the UK economy is heavily dependent on home ownership you can quickly see the problem. Check him out, really interesting.

Last edited:
Don't know how long you've been in DVLA but you'll be on the civil service scheme, if its the classic and you've got the years in it'll be tidy, I get mine in 3 years(60) for 20 years service and its not bad at all, I'll still be working, but with my current job and my monthly pension hopefully the missus can retire and be a full time grandmother

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back