• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stick or Twist - Contract Renewals

NWJack

First Team Player
Reaction score
So it's pretty clear we need to improve the standard of this squad, and we have a few up for renewal in the summer.
Who of the below would you renew or wish bon voyage?

Patino, Wood, Humphreys, Rushworth, Cullen, Ashby, Allen, Paterson, Ogbeta, Naughton, Walsh, Bolasie

The only one i would def want is Rushworth.

Patino, Humphreys, Cullen, Pato, Walsh or Wood I would accept (harsh on Pato and Walsh but thinking based on full contract term).

But swerve Ashby, Allen, Ogbeta, Naughts & Bolasie, as things stand.

We need to try and tie Wood down to a new contract. He’s one of the few saleable assets that we have. Saying that we also need a manager who can increase the value of the asset.

I think he will leave, and make it very clear he won't be signing a new contract

Rushworth, and that's it. Genuinely couldn't care less if I never saw the others down here again. Sorry if that sounds a bit brutal, but none of them have pulled up any trees. Surely there are better players out there we can pick up.

Cooperman said:
Who, Wood?

Yes. I just get the feeling he will have better offers and seek a fresh start.

Southampton may come in for him again at a reduced price (can't blame them)

NWJack said:
So it's pretty clear we need to improve the standard of this squad, and we have a few up for renewal in the summer.
Who of the below would you renew or wish bon voyage?

Patino, Wood, Humphreys, Rushworth, Cullen, Ashby, Allen, Paterson, Ogbeta, Naughton, Walsh, Bolasie

The only one i would def want is Rushworth.

Patino, Humphreys, Cullen, Pato, Walsh or Wood I would accept (harsh on Pato and Walsh but thinking based on full contract term).

But swerve Ashby, Allen, Ogbeta, Naughts & Bolasie, as things stand.

Bolasie should be playing up to with maybe Yates up with him or behind him, but the service needs to be much much better.

Problem we got and its been the same since Cooper was here and that is to many loans, one or two ok but we got 5 at present, which means that the squad will need rebuilding again come the end of the season, there are standouts in the 21's I read, so lets bring them through.

NWJack said:

In which case we will be selling. I didn’t realise he had pushed back on discussions.

Pretty sure we've got a years extension option with Wood, which I would assume we'll activate if no contract extension is agreed or sale is made in Jan.

NWJack said:

Thank fuck for that

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back