• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Storm Eunice

Best_loser said:
23680dbf-3919-4b65-a0cd-e712a644d802-1_kindlephoto-10036165.jpg

Apparently this photo doing the rounds is from many years ago. The building now has a door where the chairs are stacked.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/storm-eunice-88mph-winds-blow-23140862

dickythorpe said:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/storm-eunice-88mph-winds-blow-23140862
I'm baffled Dicky, people were warned.
High sided lorries dont stand a chance.
Hope all ok up with you👍

Muteswan said:
Best_loser said:
23680dbf-3919-4b65-a0cd-e712a644d802-1_kindlephoto-10036165.jpg

Apparently this photo doing the rounds is from many years ago. The building now has a door where the chairs are stacked.
Around 2015 the missus reckons🤔

Jack2jack said:
Muteswan said:
Around 2015 the missus reckons🤔

That’s about right 👍

Swansea Marina today https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/storm-eunice-wales-forecast-swansea-23141186

Swansea Storm Appeal - please read and share

A major storm with winds measuring up to 100mph hit Swansea, Fri Feb 18th 2022. Townhill was badly hit.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering 'faaackinell'.

The storm decimated the area causing almost £30.00 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken before their gyro's arrived.

Local radio DJ, Andy Badger Miles from 'The Wave' and his giggling friend Emma, reported that hundreds of resident's were trying to come to terms that the fact that something interesting had happened in Swansea.

One resident, Tracy Lloyd, a 15-year old mother of 5 said, 'It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all because they had a skinfull earlier that night. I was still shaking when I was skinning up watching Jeremy Kyle show the next morning.

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The British Red Cross has managed to ship 4,000 crates of lager and sunny delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from the Poundshop.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.

Clothing is most sought after - items needed most include:
Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Knappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female) White sports socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Tesco's or Asda.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include: Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream, cans of Tennents Super or Strongbow Dark Fruits.

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms.

£5.50 buys chips, crisps and a blue fizzy drink for a family of 9.

£10.00 buys a packet of fags and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

£15.00 buys a wrap of crack to help those really disturbed.

***BREAKING NEWS***

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in raspberry alco-pop,
'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked, ‘Townhill!' said the girl, 'wossit got to do with ewe mush?!'
#prayforswansea

Swanjaxs said:

A major storm with winds measuring up to 100mph hit Swansea, Fri Feb 18th 2022. Townhill was badly hit.

Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Local radio DJ, Andy Badger Miles from 'The Wave' and his giggling friend Emma, reported that hundreds of resident's were trying to come to terms that the fact that something interesting had happened in Swansea.

One resident, Tracy Lloyd, a 15-year old mother of 5 said, 'It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all because they had a skinfull earlier that night. I was still shaking when I was skinning up watching Jeremy Kyle show the next morning.

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The British Red Cross has managed to ship 4,000 crates of lager and sunny delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from the Poundshop.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.

Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Knappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female) White sports socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Tesco's or Asda.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include: Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream, cans of Tennents Super or Strongbow Dark Fruits.

£10.00 buys a packet of fags and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

***BREAKING NEWS***

'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked, ‘Townhill!' said the girl, 'wossit got to do with ewe mush?!'
#prayforswansea
Thanks for making me smile.
Tho there will be some with no sense of humour.
Strap in buddy.

Pegojack said:
I'm thinking of all family and friends in S Wales this morning after watching the images on BBC Breakfast. WStay safe, Jacks. I hope all this weather has passed by when I venture onto the English Channel next weekend to make a visit home.

It's calm and sunny here this morning, 27C forecast for this afternoon. Just off to Oliva, Friday is walking football day.

I'm in the South of France, Mike! Provence to be exact, been here since Tuesday. 23C this afternoon and not much wind tbh, lovely! Went walking up the the Alpilles mountains today, incredible scenery. Trouble is, Catherine phoned me when I was on top of a mountain this morning to tell me we have a power line down at home. I fly back tomorrow and I guess the first thing I'll be doing is getting our old generator out of the garage and seeing if it'll fire up!

It’s been a blustery old day for sure. We lost a number of ridge tiles which is now going to need sorting and the guttering was damaged, we also lost our electric mid morning and it’s only just come back on. We were able to transfer some of the food in the freezer to a relative, but we’ll throwing a fair bit. A few of our neighbours have also lost tiles. I reckon it’s going to cost us a few quid to sort out, good job we had a few ash trees cut down before the winter or things could have been much worse. Stay safe folks.

sainthelens said:
Swanjaxs said:

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

***BREAKING NEWS***

#prayforswansea
Thanks for making me smile.
Tho there will be some with no sense of humour.
Strap in buddy.

Well I found it funny too Saint, too many take life too seriously, hope your getting by mush 🖤🤍🦢

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back