• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stranger Things

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 74
  • Views: Views 3,197

Ebo

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I was very very late to this party and only started watching 2 weeks ago but now I have watched the lot and eagerly waiting for July 1st when the last 2 arrive for this season. Digital Spy says that these last 2 will span nearly four hours! There will also be a final season 5 too but that look at least 2 years away!

Anyone else into this?

Managed 10 minutes of the first episode last week.

May try again at a later date.

Neath_Jack said:

Thought a week ago that I’d better catch up with this, largely as they seem to have fab music and fell asleep after half an hour of the first episode of season 1.

I will try again.

There have been a few though that I just can’t get in to. Game of Thrones I’ve given up on after trying a few times and I also just didn’t get FleaBag despite rave reviews so gave up with that.

One I’ve done recently and loved was The Morning Show on Apple TV and also Ted Lasso (I had one of those three month free trials with Apple so watched them both).

I watched the first series when it was released but it didn’t make an impression and I never went back. But I was at a loose end last week so watched season one again. I’m now approaching the end of season three a little over a week later. It’s very good, especially for those of us who remember the 80s. The lead actors are superb. It owes a massive debt to Stephen King and his work but the showrunners are pretty up front about their influences. Very much enjoying.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Neath_Jack said:

Thought a week ago that I’d better catch up with this, largely as they seem to have fab music and fell asleep after half an hour of the first episode of season 1.

I will try again.

There have been a few though that I just can’t get in to. Game of Thrones I’ve given up on after trying a few times and I also just didn’t get FleaBag despite rave reviews so gave up with that.

One I’ve done recently and loved was The Morning Show on Apple TV and also Ted Lasso (I had one of those three month free trials with Apple so watched them both).

I'm the same with GOT, book and tv, just isn't my thing.

I've just finished watching Pistols on Disney, which I enjoyed.

exiledclaseboy said:
I watched the first series when it was released but it didn’t make an impression and I never went back. But I was at a loose end last week so watched season one again. I’m now approaching the end of season three a little over a week later. It’s very good, especially for those of us who remember the 80s. The lead actors are superb. It owes a massive debt to Stephen King and his work but the showrunners are pretty up front about their influences. Very much enjoying.

Right, I'm going to click play on it and try again.

Neath_Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I will try again.

I don’t have Disney.

I’m quite tight about paying for these streaming services. I have sky (basic stuff) and Netflix and Apple until the free trial runs out. I can’t keep up with the ones I have (I rarely watch tv before about 9 ish). Between the iPlayer and Netflix I’ve about 30 things lined up.

Neath_Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I will try again.

Mrs C loved GoT. The entire thing left me cold after a couple of episodes.

exiledclaseboy said:

Season 4 is dark like season 1. Season 3 was a bit playful compared to the others. Yes agree about the Stephen King thing, a big HP Lovecraft feel to it as well.

exiledclaseboy said:

It owes a lot of debt to plenty of other people too. I love it, I'm aware it's derivative of so much of what I grew up watching (child of the 80's) and it's definitely in the modern mould of recycled content awash with nostalgia, but I don't care when it's done so well.

Lisa, if you still have your Apple trial, I'd recommend For All Mankind (alternate history space race - the Soviets got to the moon first) and Foundation if you like sci-fi (very loosely based on Asimov's books). I also enjoyed The Afterparty for something more light-hearted.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

GOT and Vikings, 100, Lost are some of the best series ever.. I watched season 1 of Heroes the other month, free on the iPlayer, it's decent, not on the level of the other four, but decent

Lets be fair if you have a firestick you can see all of these for nothing there's enough apps out there, a simple google search will sort you out, failing that between 30 and 50 quid for iptv and bobbins you've got the lot, no need for any subscriptions

Skippyjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

GOT and Vikings, 100, Lost are some of the best series ever.. I watched season 1 of Heroes the other month, free on the iPlayer, it's decent, not on the level of the other four, but decent

Do yourself a favour and stop there with Heroes, it's all downhill after season 1.

Don't know if you've seen it, but based on your list of favourite series above, I think you'd enjoy the Battlestar Galactica remake. I was going to say the new Battlestar Galactica show but it's now almost 20 years old and they're apparently planning to remake it again...

The Never Ending Story scene at the end of series three is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen on TV. :lol:

JackSomething said:
exiledclaseboy said:

It owes a lot of debt to plenty of other people too. I love it, I'm aware it's derivative of so much of what I grew up watching (child of the 80's) and it's definitely in the modern mould of recycled content awash with nostalgia, but I don't care when it's done so well.

Lisa, if you still have your Apple trial, I'd recommend For All Mankind (alternate history space race - the Soviets got to the moon first) and Foundation if you like sci-fi (very loosely based on Asimov's books). I also enjoyed The Afterparty for something more light-hearted.

Thanks for those suggestions. For All Mankind sounds good. I have the rest of the trial for another few weeks. To be fair, that platform seems to have some good stuff on it (Slow Horses was also good although I i preferred the books). The issue I have with these services is they all mount up to spending a shed load on TV every month without actually ever getting round to watching much of it. I guess that what will eventually happen though and I will end up getting some of them. I often wonder why I bother much with Netflix as I don’t seem to watch too much of it despite paying for it.

How many of these streaming services do most people on here pay for? Perhaps I need to get with the times more.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back