• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans set to win Joseph chase and make first signing?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Swansea City are reported to have beaten the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Preston and Sheffield United to be at the front of the queue to sign young Wigan striker Kyle Joseph and make him their first summer signing. Interest was first reported at the start of the week and now Wales Online is reporting...

Read more

https://mobile.twitter.com/footyinsider247/status/1402918639624462342

It says we could be paying close to 1M in compensation

According to youtube his strengths are dribbing and finishing with his weaknesses being holding the ball and defensive contributions. Give him a month with Cooper and for better or worse that will change lol

I think it is a fantastic signing if it happens, young and with one eye on the future although I would expect him to be involved in the first team squad immediately.

My little gripe is that although the initial outlay is going to be minimal that a fee is being used when any money we have should be used to address our issues in the starting line up..... Mainly striker, attack minded players who are ready for the here and now.

1 million for an academy player who's only contribution is 5 goals and 14 games half a season.. if I was Cooper I'd be jumping to a different club, because Jasper T will have his wish and we'll play the stiffs that will cement our place in League One

magicdaps10 said:
I think it is a fantastic signing if it happens, young and with one eye on the future although I would expect him to be involved in the first team squad immediately.

My little gripe is that although the initial outlay is going to be minimal that a fee is being used when any money we have should be used to address our issues in the starting line up..... Mainly striker, attack minded players who are ready for the here and now.

We have Cullen and Whittaker, and people expect Lowe to play as a striker. Why do people keep saying we need strikers?

Copper doesn’t play strikers and he doesn’t play wingers. He plays players who are wingers up front, like inside forwards with no forwards and no wide midfield.

It’s why our football is a sludgy, tedious mess.

This one does feel like a bit of an odd signing especially considering the signing of Whittaker last season. But still will reserve judgement until I get to see him on the pitch

Whittaker is a right winger so why’s it strange?

Personally think it’s good that we are buying young players with potential instead of 30 year old cloggers like those up the road

Itchysphincter said:
magicdaps10 said:

We have Cullen and Whittaker, and people expect Lowe to play as a striker. Why do people keep saying we need strikers?

Copper doesn’t play strikers and he doesn’t play wingers. He plays players who are wingers up front, like inside forwards with no forwards and no wide midfield.

It’s why our football is a sludgy, tedious mess.
Ah, but has Cooper any involvement in the signing(s)?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back