• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City Face Andre Ayew Loss For Three Matches If He Plays For Ghana ...

Glyn1 said:
Your country comes first. Always. But especially if you are the nation's captain.

We knew this when we bought him, and must have considered it. Just play Lowe and Hourihane together and see what happens.

Agree. I'd be fuming if it was the other way around. We pay him very well, yes I get that, but we need to do the decent thing here and not object. It's a World Cup Qualifier - he'll want to play.

Pegojack said:
B*llucks, just when he's starting to come back into form too.

Form? I'm not sure he's had a shot from open play has he? Obviously I'm glad he's on there for the pens and wouldn't want anyone else for those, but has he actually influenced a game in open play lately? His work rate is good and he can help see a game out when we're ahead, but I don't remember him having an attacking impact for ages. Not that we have anyone better, so a bit of a moot point.

These are not normal times clearly Swansea knew he would be missing during international breaks as are our own Welsh internationals. What is not normal is the 10 days or so quarantine period. In this time of crisis people should no be flying to high risk counties.

Swanseafan said:
These are not normal times clearly Swansea knew he would be missing during international breaks as are our own Welsh internationals. What is not normal is the 10 days or so quarantine period. In this time of crisis people should no be flying to high risk counties.

A fair point

AlarchAlmaenig said:
Glyn1 said:
Your country comes first. Always. But especially if you are the nation's captain.

We knew this when we bought him, and must have considered it. Just play Lowe and Hourihane together and see what happens.

Agree. I'd be fuming if it was the other way around. We pay him very well, yes I get that, but we need to do the decent thing here and not object. It's a World Cup Qualifier - he'll want to play.

I agree he'll want to play. They're not World Cup qualifiers though, they are Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

It's a shame that they aren't quite dead rubber matches. Although their final game against Sao Tome e Principe should be an easy win, the previous game is against South Africa. A loss there combined with other results going against them could result in them missing out on qualification, although it seems unlikely.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Pegojack said:
B*llucks, just when he's starting to come back into form too.

Form? I'm not sure he's had a shot from open play has he? Obviously I'm glad he's on there for the pens and wouldn't want anyone else for those, but has he actually influenced a game in open play lately? His work rate is good and he can help see a game out when we're ahead, but I don't remember him having an attacking impact for ages. Not that we have anyone better, so a bit of a moot point.

I thought I was senile....but even I can remember he scored last Saturday from open play!

JackSomething said:
I agree he'll want to play. They're not World Cup qualifiers though, they are Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Be interesting to see if Jordan Ayew is allowed to go.

monmouth said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

I thought I was senile....but even I can remember he scored last Saturday from open play!

Even if he hadn't, criticizing a striker for not having a shot on goal is as short sighted as blaming the keeper for every goal you concede. Surely our midfielders have questions to answer for the lack of shots on goal, just like the defence have questions to answer about the increase in chances on our own goal. All the cogs need to function for the machine to work. The back cog on your bike won't do anything if the front cog aint moving.

True. Having Brewster in the team changed everything last year though, and Ayew has been pretty meh for my money. Speaking of money, just imagine we'd paid £18 million and 80K a week for him. Then evaluate his performances.

I agree that it's the collective that is currently malfunctioning...someone said they look scared to death and therefore just hump or head it as far as possible down the pitch, as the imperative is NO RISK. I think there's something in that. Enjoyment doesn't seem to be flowing from them just now. I thought the last minute pen at Stoke might change things (two points stolen...so, relax a bit), then Boro (two points stolen...now, relax), but no, still frightened to play.

I watched Luton against the Eastern Bluebottles and Luton were garbage for most of that match. We simply must go there with a more positive attitude. A draw or loss there would be poor.

No idea if this site is reliable, but it doesn't look like we will be losing Andre to quarantine...

https://citisportsonline.com/2021/03/18/afcon-2021-qualifiers-akonnor-names-squad-to-face-south-africa-sao-tome/

Jacket said:
Even if he hadn't, criticizing a striker for not having a shot on goal is as short sighted as blaming the keeper for every goal you concede. Surely our midfielders have questions to answer for the lack of shots on goal, just like the defence have questions to answer about the increase in chances on our own goal. All the cogs need to function for the machine to work. The back cog on your bike won't do anything if the front cog aint moving.

Depends if the engineer putting the cogs together pays as much attention to the forward cogs as he does those to the rear.

A team set up to defend like f*ck and maybe nick a goal or two will never get the best out of its offensive players. I'm finding some of the criticism of Hourihane to be borderline insane. This is a player fairly nailed on to have involvement in at least one goal per game, either scored or created and he's the reason why we're struggling?!?!?

You build a team around a player like that.

Dr. Winston said:
Jacket said:

I'm finding some of the criticism of Hourihane to be borderline insane. This is a player fairly nailed on to have involvement in at least one goal per game, either scored or created and he's the reason why we're struggling?!?!?

Except he didn't against Bournemouth, or Blackburn, or Bristol City, or Stoke ... but don't let the facts get in the way.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back