• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The 100 Cricket

....and why...in holy fk, when we already have an established 120 ball game in the T20, do we need this useless piece of toss, sponsored by unhealthy fatty crisps...a complete load of shit...

....and why...in holy fk, when we already have an established 120 ball game in the T20, do we need this useless piece of toss, sponsored by unhealthy fatty crisps...a complete load of shit...
I turned the telly on earlier and caught a glimpse of the Fire game. The screen graphics made me turn it off.

I concur. It always will be.
Its dying a slow Death, money is in Franchise Cricket and that's where the players want to go, Harmison spoke about it on Talksport the other week saying that only England, Australia and India take test Cricket seriously.

Its dying a slow Death, money is in Franchise Cricket and that's where the players want to go, Harmison spoke about it on Talksport the other week saying that only England, Australia and India take test Cricket seriously.
The equivalent of IPL in NZ, Sri Lanka and the Caribbean is utter rubbish. Those competitions are not sustainable. Whereas the Lords Test, the Gabba Test, Boxing Day at the MCG will go on and on.

The equivalent of IPL in NZ, Sri Lanka and the Caribbean is utter rubbish. Those competitions are not sustainable. Whereas the Lords Test, the Gabba Test, Boxing Day at the MCG will go on and on.
That's just 3 tests!

That's just 3 tests!
Four, thereā€™s two at Lordā€™s every summer. The point is though that even the less competitive nations will always want to tour those three countries because thatā€™s where the profile and the money is. Amd wherever England go in the world they take thousands of fans with them. Those test tours bankroll the smaller nations for years. You get nothing like that following for white ball cricket. The top players may be able to command big paydays from some of the franchises but very little of that gets to the national associations of the smaller countries. Iā€™d imagine none of the IPL money leaves India.

Four, thereā€™s two at Lordā€™s every summer. The point is though that even the less competitive nations will always want to tour those three countries because thatā€™s where the profile and the money is. Amd wherever England go in the world they take thousands of fans with them. Those test tours bankroll the smaller nations for years. You get nothing like that following for white ball cricket. The top players may be able to command big paydays from some of the franchises but very little of that gets to the national associations of the smaller countries. Iā€™d imagine none of the IPL money leaves India.
Watched a little bit of a Test series out in the Caribbean a couple of years ago on tv, West Indies v Sri Lanka, and on most days there were more players out on the field than spectators in the stands, and I'm not even joking.
Post covid btw lol

Watched a little bit of a Test series out in the Caribbean a couple of years ago on tv, West Indies v Sri Lanka, and on most days there were more players out on the field than spectators in the stands, and I'm not even joking.
Yup. Thatā€™s why they rely so much on the tours from England, Australia and India and will be desperate for them to continue. Those predicting the death of test cricket donā€™t seem to realise that it would actually be the death of all bilateral international cricket outside of the ICC tournaments. Because white ball tours wonā€™t happen on their own. So all weā€™d effectively be left with are the franchises that donā€™t really mean anything to anyone playing a series of idemtikit T20 tournaments all over the world at various times. And that bubble will also burst at some point. Cricket is busily hastening its own demise at the moment with all these franchise events

Yup. Thatā€™s why they rely so much on the tours from England, Australia and India and will be desperate for them to continue. Those predicting the death of test cricket donā€™t seem to realise that it would actually be the death of all bilateral international cricket outside of the ICC tournaments. Because white ball tours wonā€™t happen on their own. So all weā€™d effectively be left with are the franchises that donā€™t really mean anything to anyone playing a series of idemtikit T20 tournaments all over the world at various times. And that bubble will also burst at some point. Cricket is busily hastening its own demise at the moment with all these franchise events
For me white ball cricket is practically another sport from Test Match cricket.

For me white ball cricket is practically another sport from Test Match cricket.
I agree. I enjoy a limited overs game and I prefer 50 overs of the two formats but neither of them compare to the longest format. The hundred format will be forgotten in a few years.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back