• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cooperman said:
@jackharris, is that predictions table a genuine Opta output? I would have Brum placed higher than what they are.

We seem massively too high, not having Leicester as clear favourites to win the division is bizarre, I think Middlesbrough will struggle to match last season's performance let alone finish top, Blackburn are in turmoil and likely to find this season a lot tougher, Norwich will surely be better than 13th, Birmingham to be relegated is a bizarre shout.

I can't find their supercomputer's predictions for last season's Championship to see how they did, but here's their Premier League predictions:

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/08/premier-league-season-prediction-2022-23/

Liverpool to win the title, relegated Leicester to finish 9th, 10th place Fulham to be relegated, Spurs and Chelsea in top 4, etc...

JackSomething said:
We seem massively too high, not having Leicester as clear favourites to win the division is bizarre, I think Middlesbrough will struggle to match last season's performance let alone finish top, Blackburn are in turmoil and likely to find this season a lot tougher, Norwich will surely be better than 13th, Birmingham to be relegated is a bizarre shout.

I can't find their supercomputer's predictions for last season's Championship to see how they did, but here's their Premier League predictions:

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/08/premier-league-season-prediction-2022-23/

Liverpool to win the title, relegated Leicester to finish 9th, 10th place Fulham to be relegated, Spurs and Chelsea in top 4, etc...

I only commented on Brum as we have them first game. However, you're right in that 4th for us seems to be punching too high. I would add Leeds (too low), Ipswich (too low, have seen someone on Twitter place them second), Huddersfield (too high). Let's see how it plays out, the competitive nature of this league is widely recognised.

How many new starters tomorrow of the 6 signed?
I reckon no more than 3.
2 of the 3 new strikers won't.
Key and Yates are nailed on I would think.
I think Fish may start.

CurtessECarr said:
I think Fish may start.

Very surprised if that happens, especially considering the amount of effort we went through to get our new keeper through the doors.
Barring any last minute surprises I am expecting something like:

--------------------- Rushworth ----------------------
--- Darling --------- Cabango ---------- Wood -----
Ashby -------------------------------------------- Key
---------------------- Grimes -------------------------
----------- Ginnelly -------------- Ntcham ---------
------------ Yates ---------------- Piroe -------------

Oli Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joe Allen, Jay Fulton, Andy Fisher, Azeem Abdulai plus one other to the bench

Fulton for Ginnelly considering he’s only had 10 minutes in pre season, I think he'll get a start on Tuesday.

bakajack said:
Very surprised if that happens, especially considering the amount of effort we went through to get our new keeper through the doors.
Barring any last minute surprises I am expecting something like:

--------------------- Rushworth ----------------------
--- Darling --------- Cabango ---------- Wood -----
Ashby -------------------------------------------- Key
---------------------- Grimes -------------------------
----------- Ginnelly -------------- Ntcham ---------
------------ Yates ---------------- Piroe -------------

Oli Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joe Allen, Jay Fulton, Andy Fisher, Azeem Abdulai plus one other to the bench

No way will we start with those four attacking players, in my opinion of course.

Definitely Fulton or Joey if not both will be in there i reckon.

CurtessECarr said:
I reckon no more than 3.
I think Fish may start.

Fish to start😂 I'll be very annoyed if he does. I'll batter him.

This will be Tough for Duff.

So far it seems Duff, like all good managers has pragmatically been trying to harness the best bits of our last 4 years:

- 50% Cooperball - structure, stoic defence, fight and winning edge
- 20% Martinball- confidence on the ball
- 30% MichaelDuffball - the above, with pace and width, higher up the pitch - on steroids

Fortunately we have our long term captain and leader inculcated in our best values to pull it all together ‘prompto’, whilst retaining our footballing ethos and USP. In Matty we trust.

Exciting times

3-2

CurtessECarr said:
I reckon no more than 3.
I think Fish may start.

He cannot start with Fish between the sticks.

If Piroe knows he's leaving, and we play him today, anyone just a bit concerned that he may not put a shift in ( risking a knock). Hate suggesting it cos I love the guy.

IMG-4387.jpg

https://twitter.com/swansofficial/status/1687810694723284992?s=61

No Ntcham today not even on the bench, maybe there is legs in the links to Soraspador (sp?)?
Pato takes up the attacking midfield spot and Fulton running the "box to box" role with Grimes as holding midfielder it seems?
No major surprises for me aside from answering the Ntcham question.

Looks on paper like a very different approach to last season with some great quality on the bench

bakajack said:
No Ntcham today not even on the bench, maybe there is legs in the links to Soraspador (sp?)?
Pato takes up the attacking midfield spot and Fulton running the "box to box" role with Grimes as holding midfielder it seems?
No major surprises for me aside from answering the Ntcham question.

Would personally prefer Cooper over Paterson, and a back 4, but looking forward to seeing how this all works in a real game, rather than the phoney war. Exciting day.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back