• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see a few people moaning about us playing too much keepball at the back but I think that's a discredit to Birmingham who always had a flat line of 4 across in front of our 3 defenders and made it extremely difficult for us to play a ball through them which meant they got penned in at times and there was no connection between our defence and midfield. If that was Eustace's plan, then he got it spot on. I was disappointed Duff didn't address this problem at half time but I don't know what his options were but then that's why it's his job to sort out not mine. It's also a result of playing 2 up top at the expense of an extra body in midfield so the defenders have fewer options but as the Brum players tired in the 2nd half and their line became more ragged, our defenders were more able to find balls through the gaps and we able to build attacks quicker and get a bit of momentum.

I thought Key was great and although I thought Ashby started well for the first 10-15, he faded. He hadn't played in any of our pre-season games so it will take him time to get up to speed and he looks like he's got the tools.

It will interesting to see what team we put out on Tuesday.

A new season, a new manager but familiar mistakes saw the Swans held to a draw on the opening day against Birmingham City yesterday afternoon. The Swansea team saw no fewer than four debutants in the starting eleven against a Blues side with five new signings themselves – one of which was Lee Buchanan...

Read more

There were contrasting views on the touchline yesterday afternoon as Birmingham and Swansea City shared the spoils in South Wales. Both sides had good chances to take all three points on opening day with Carl Ashworth solid in the home goal and the Blues grateful for the thickness of the bar from Harry...

Read more

3swan said:
"At one point in the game yesterday I was aware of the crowd talking"

That was very noticeable. Atmosphere seemed flat from both sets of fans

Wouldn’t say it was flat … but I did hear Rushworth, clearly, calling ‘Woody’ for the throw that unfortunately led to the goal. From row S.

karnataka said:
I see a few people moaning about us playing too much keepball at the back but I think that's a discredit to Birmingham who always had a flat line of 4 across in front of our 3 defenders and made it extremely difficult for us to play a ball through them which meant they got penned in at times and there was no connection between our defence and midfield. If that was Eustace's plan, then he got it spot on. I was disappointed Duff didn't address this problem at half time but I don't know what his options were but then that's why it's his job to sort out not mine. It's also a result of playing 2 up top at the expense of an extra body in midfield so the defenders have fewer options but as the Brum players tired in the 2nd half and their line became more ragged, our defenders were more able to find balls through the gaps and we able to build attacks quicker and get a bit of momentum.

I thought Key was great and although I thought Ashby started well for the first 10-15, he faded. He hadn't played in any of our pre-season games so it will take him time to get up to speed and he looks like he's got the tools.

It will interesting to see what team we put out on Tuesday.

You must have been sitting near me, I agree with all of that about the back 5. They pass fine amongst themselves, but they didn’t have an out at all, except occasionally Fulton would find space. I saw Piroe come up to half way once to receive a ball, and Paterson made himself available a few times, but it was a team of two halves for far too long.

Key - brilliant, will be a fans favourite, has the appetite to take the ball forward. I thought he and Laird would get each other sent off.

Ashby - is a player, like him, but not sure right wing back is his long term future. Not sure what is, though; in front of a back 3/4: central defence; box to box role? The way he chased that ball down just before half time … he’s got something about him.

I don’t think we’ll have many 0-0 draws this season.

leighton said:
You must have been sitting near me, I agree with all of that about the back 5. They pass fine amongst themselves, but they didn’t have an out at all, except occasionally Fulton would find space. I saw Piroe come up to half way once to receive a ball, and Paterson made himself available a few times, but it was a team of two halves for far too long.

Key - brilliant, will be a fans favourite, has the appetite to take the ball forward. I thought he and Laird would get each other sent off.

Ashby - is a player, like him, but not sure right wing back is his long term future. Not sure what is, though; in front of a back 3/4: central defence; box to box role? The way he chased that ball down just before half time … he’s got something about him.

I don’t think we’ll have many 0-0 draws this season.

Agree re Ashby - played #10 early doors so a proper utility player

Would give him a bash at RCB, shift Darling to CB (instead of CabanGo, temporarily for now).

Uber potent force down our right side. With Newbies on the Left flank.

backofthenet said:
Whenever this type of tripe is posted an alert sounds.

Bluenile - another peripheral poster filed into the abyss as someone who clearly has no idea, and clearly has never played the game to a decent level.

Get a grip.

I probably understand as much as most on here. I'm approaching 74 years, played football in the Neath League for around 25 years, and have been a Jack before most of you were born (1955). I don't get the love-in lately for Grimes, in his recent statement he clearly lays down his affections for Martin, makes comments about Southampton being a "massive club" (Really?), in a clear message to come and get him. As for yesterday's game, he spent a large part of it in the middle of the defence, playing the ball back and fore with the defenders around him. Yes, he hit a great pass for the goal, but I've seen half the world join Swansea then disappear to pastures new, and none of them caused the end of the club I've supported. I've put in as much money on the gate as anyone else, and more than many. I'm entitled to my opinion, after so many years, and pay no attention to some "newbie" (that's what you are to me) telling me that I know nothing about the game. Once a player shows that he wants away, then that's the end of any respect from me. My club is bigger than any one player.

Skippyjack said:
Is it true that Coleman was in there

Brett Cravatt and a few of his mates and all of their families were. Coleman wasn’t.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back