• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pegojack said:
Birmingham are a good side but I thought we'd just about held our own until that ridiculous Russball moment.
Our defenders have got to be coached out of what they learned last season. Play the percentage game. If you've got a throw in level with your own area, throw it up the line to a big fella, not across your own area to the keeper, who straight away is under pressure.

200 miles away and he's still getting the blame for our goals! :lol:

"Play the percentages"
"Throw it up the line to the big fella"

Is that where we're at now!? :cry:

Londonlisa2001 said:
I have Brum commentary on. A couple of times they’ve said we are title contenders which is odd to say the least.

Trunds might as well go down to Soton with RM. He's wingeing every time we play a ball long.

Booing at half time......imcredible.

Trouble is, fans think we are a given top half team and that a hard one to shake.
I fear for Duff as I think he is going to have the same unwanted reality as the former boss with us.

BLAZE said:
200 miles away and he's still getting the blame for our goals! :lol:

"Play the percentages"
"Throw it up the line to the big fella"

Is that where we're at now!? :cry:

No but there are times when you go safe, like a throwin at our own box with 2 mins to go to half time.

Jdflyer said:
Trunds might as well go down to Soton with RM. He's wingeing every time we play a ball long.

He's moaned a lot which tells you a lot.

Awful free kick routine, changing it from a bad angle on the left... to a bad angle on the right and then losing it to create a 3 on 2 counter.

bakajack said:
No but there are times when you go safe, like a throwin at our own box with 2 mins to go to half time.

We done ok for about 15 years without ever having to play percentages and hit big men

At the moment it's a mistake in isolation

magicdaps10 said:
He's moaned a lot which tells you a lot.

I'm fine with it. It's not the long balls that are doing us in. We'd be down more at this point trying to play out every time.

Jdflyer said:

Most of the long balls are aimless and terrible, that’s the issue with them.

I think we look ok.

I mean, I think we'll end up around mid-table this season...and that's what it looks like.

Too early to tell much though, obviously.

Trunds is having a proper moan though.

monmouth said:
Most of the long balls are aimless and terrible, that’s the issue with them.

You're not wrong. I don't think we need 5 in the back today, I'd rather an extra man in the middle to help with the first ball to beat the low press.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
As I expected, really disjointed, new players, new system, this will take a while I fear.

To be expected really.

Despite the Martin-esque goal conceded, it's been a welcome change not seeing suicide football at the back.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back