• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm out and about so am not watching this. Why have we had no shots on target, are we shooting and missing, or is Brum bossing the midfield, or something else?

Birmingham are a good side but I thought we'd just about held our own until that ridiculous Russball moment.
Our defenders have got to be coached out of what they learned last season. Play the percentage game. If you've got a throw in level with your own area, throw it up the line to a big fella, not across your own area to the keeper, who straight away is under pressure.

I can see Key being one of those who divides opinions already. One post says really impressed by him and the next one immediately says that left back Key isn't working :lol:

Half time thoughts:
Rushworth very safe pair of hands, partly at fault for the goal but will learn from that. Cabango waiting for the ball to come to him also at fault
Key and Ashby good attacking threats, they would both benefit from more fast ball through the middle to create space for them though
Paterson drifting in and out of the game, at times looks dangerous other times you forget he is on the pitch. Soft yellow after just a few minutes
Yates must be a nightmare to play against, he will chase down and hassle defenders for everything
Thoughts about Piroe not putting on a shift can be discounted, he chased Laird 40 yards and shoulder barged him off the ball near our own box.

In classic Swansea fashion the goal was all our own undoing, Brum hadn't really looked dangerous outside of one or two moments from Dembele.
Our own football has been a mix of hopeful long balls combined with fast one touch football, its been a bit of an odd blend but when we suddenly shift up a gear we look dangerous.

Birmingham working very hard to close down the angles and the lines, add in the wind and it’s tricky to play the kind of stuff we’re looking to play. I still think a 4 and an extra body in midfield would have us more on the front foot as Grimes and Fulton are just being overpowered and quickly shut down, and Paterson (and Piroe, come to that) is pretty anonymous, as per (I thought that offside was dubious from the telly angles mind, but they weren’t in line).

Shame we committed Russicide, as 0-0 at half time and some adjustments and it would be looking ok.

Glyn1 said:
I'm out and about so am not watching this. Why have we had no shots on target, are we shooting and missing, or is Brum bossing the midfield, or something else?

To be fair no shots on target doesn't tell the story, theres been a disallowed goal and several close calls with a goalmouth scramble and several last ditch clearances and interceptions from balls across the box have kept us out. Admittedly there hasn't been a clear cut chance created just yet

Don’t think Grimes and Fulton working together in midfield. Too big a gap between back line and midfield as Grimes drops too far back and Fulton too far forward.

Key looks sharp - a couple of early jitters but positive and some moments of skill. Haven’t seen much of Ashby as yet as we’re always going to our left out of defence.

Yates is having a go but not convinced by him and Piroe in this shape as they’re often in the same place.

Only Patterson showing any creativity up front really - not convinced he was offside as I thought the left sided defender was playing him on. But impossible to tell without the right camera angle.

I’d maybe take off Fulton and put on Cooper. Or drop Piroe slightly back to give us a route through the middle.

Not really sure about their goal whether it was keeper or whether Cabango was slow to react.

Interesting second half coming up. Need to try to get the ball on the floor more as they are winning a lot of second balls from the heading ping pong.

magicdaps10 said:
Trunds doesn't like the football at all from commentary.

Trunds is moaning non-stop, it's insufferable.

I think Paterson hasn't offered much apart from the disallowed goal (I thought he was played onside by the defender in the middle. Oh for VAR).
Maybe we need a shake up, Ntcham on for Pato and maybe Ollie for Yates a bit later.

So we traded offensive flair for defensive stability? That was my understanding yet we gave away a goal straight out of last seasons playbook. Fking hell .

Key is fine. Playing a right footed player at left wing back is the issue. Especially as Laird is pressing him straight away and his instinct for then is to go inside the pitch.

Jdflyer said:
Trunds is moaning non-stop, it's insufferable.

I have Brum commentary on. A couple of times they’ve said we are title contenders which is odd to say the least.

Pegojack said:
I think Paterson hasn't offered much apart from the disallowed goal (I thought he was played onside by the defender in the middle. Oh for VAR).
Maybe we need a shake up, Ntcham on for Pato and maybe Ollie for Yates a bit later.

Ntcham not on bench.

Magic_Michu said:
Really… I think Key has looked really good there. Weird how we can all see different things

As soon as the ball goes to him in our half they press him...forcing him to just hoof it upfield.
There looks a player there but not LWB for me.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back