• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Liberty Stadium site circa 1993

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This generated some interesting memories online when it appeared yesterday

We are always interested to see back over time th changing face of Swansea and were delighted when this picture of the Liberty Stadium site appeared on social media yesterday showing an aerial view of the site in 1993.

Read more here...

Morfa-Stadium.png

That's a pretty fascinating sight! I did see the Liberty Stadium with my own eyes back then, but of course, not from that angle, as I never had my private helicopter :lol:

Is that the pluck pool ? I wasn't allowed anywhere near it when we used to come down.

Going from Pentrechwyth to Swansea on a Saturday morning I'd look down at the Addis factory and think that would be a great place to put a football ground. You could even have the trains stopping nearby. I must have been around 10 years old. Ahead of my time, me.

WxmJax said:
Is that the pluck pool ? I wasn't allowed anywhere near it when we used to come down.

Going from Pentrechwyth to Swansea on a Saturday morning I'd look down at the Addis factory and think that would be a great place to put a football ground. You could even have the trains stopping nearby. I must have been around 10 years old. Ahead of my time, me.

Aye thats the pluck.

Rumours of a massive terrapin taking the odd duck clean out at the moment too 👍

I didn't even know it was still there. I just assumed that it had gone when all the development happened.

WxmJax said:

I remember cycling past Pluck Pool and some guys were fooling around sailing on it in a giant plastic mask that was left over from Its A Knockout which had been held at Morfa.
Sadly a couple of days later I read that at least one had drowned. Cant remember the exact details now.

Swanjaxs said:
WxmJax said:

Aye thats the pluck.

Rumours of a massive terrapin taking the odd duck clean out at the moment too 👍

Swansea answer to the loch Ness monster is it

What was the puck pool originally used for? As it was an industrial area, was it something to do with the copper industry?

Difficult to tell if the skateboard ramp was still there.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCAyLm7zo8[/media]

jackjackjackjack said:
Difficult to tell if the skateboard ramp was still there.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCAyLm7zo8[/media]

I used to watch my mother play netball down there. One day I was by the ramps and some kids were calling their (large) dog from the other side of that nasty security fence. The poor thing tried jumping up and over and it got caught at the top. As if fell back to the other side its coat was all ripped open underneath. Horrible to witness.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back