• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The loan players and social media

We met Bashir and his family, lovely people.
Him and Patino look so young up close, Patino in particular looks about 14.

For what it's worth, despite the fact that he definitely shouldn't have been playing, I thought Basher was one of our better players against Millwall although it wasn't a particularly high bar. On the odd occasion, Patino has shown glimpses of sublime skill and vision but if you're surrounded by donkeys, you'll eventually end up playing like them. Still very young but could look a player with better around him like Odegaard and Rice for example. Ashby just never got going and was never going to shift Key once he'd come back from injury. I think Lowe did OK and his goal return from the game time he had being mostly used as a sub, was quite decent tbf . As for Sagoe, what was the point of signing him?
I believe that Sagoe jnr. Was probably a back stop signing in January. An ‘insurance policy’ in case Placheta didn’t sign at the end of the day we ended up with 3 pacey wingers 1 of them was always going to miss out. When Plachetta got injured , the fact that Sagoe wasn’t used probably means that LW didn’t think he was ready. So not a great signing really at this stage of his career…. Maybe in 2 years, who knows. Good luck & best wishes.

Fair comeback but in both Humphreys and Patino I saw nothing more than an average Championship player at best.

Maybe they are better than that but we certainly didnt see it and I am still mystified by Williams' decision to start the two of them against Millwall.

Not wishing them any bad luck at all, I hope they all make it but in my view they didnt add much to our squad (certainly not to the level that we expected by the pre-signing write ups)
It was reported that Patino was valued at somewhere near 30 million, is Mother must have reported that, he didn't even look like 10% of that figure, in fact I can't think of a figure to value him after what I saw of him.

Placheta can go, if we want to assault the league we need better than him.. Adrian Forbes ran a lot an all.. but that's all he ever did do.. except scoring at bury.. this is definitely our worst team since Kenny Jacket was here, almost 20 years ago

He's out of contract.
Yup and unlikely we will retain him. For all the energy and promising positions he got into he got zero goals (sometimes when it was harder to miss) and one assist. On top of that he missed the last eight or nine games with injury, none of those stats would have reflected favourably on us offering him a new deal.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back here, he'll probably have better offers though no doubt!
I'd be interested to see him get a good run of games in the side. Only doubts are his abilities to stay fit and final product when in the final third.

All depends on contract details and what he's asking for.

Yup and unlikely we will retain him. For all the energy and promising positions he got into he got zero goals (sometimes when it was harder to miss) and one assist. On top of that he missed the last eight or nine games with injury, none of those stats would have reflected favourably on us offering him a new deal.

Exactly the same as my thoughts. The pace he has is something we're crying out for. That's about it though (from what I've seen). If we want someone quick, may as well see what John Williams is up to these days. 😉

I thought his real strength was standing on the touch line and not being Cooper or Paterson, which took the opposition focus off Ronald on the other side. He offered absolutely nothing when it counted, total headless chicken. Maybe he can improve, but it looks easy to see why the Delias cast him adrift.

Unless we're very confident that much better players will be in our reach this summer then I think it'd be foolish to not sign Placheta to a longer deal (assuming he even wants to be here and the finances add up).

He may not get into Norwich's team, but by f*ck he's an upgrade on playing Cooper or Patterson out there (or Govea at this point in his development). Lowe did ok out there on occasions, but not he's not naturally suited to playing there IMO and we shouldn't 'make do' with round pegs in square holes. We can likely reel off a few players that didn't fit in here or fell out of favour that went on to have success elsewhere in this division, so we shouldn't read too much into failing out of favour at Narch.

He does track back and put a shift in defensively as well - as does Ronald to be fair (although the less said about his last defensive contribution of the season the better...)

I could understand why we wouldn't sign him, but there's the better the devil you know aspect of it for me as well (or, 'better the flawed championship player you know')

I thought his real strength was standing on the touch line and not being Cooper or Paterson, which took the opposition focus off Ronald on the other side. He offered absolutely nothing when it counted, total headless chicken. Maybe he can improve, but it looks easy to see why the Delias cast him adrift.
I wouldn't play him ahead of Pato, Cooper probably, but Cooper isn't a winger in my opinion, he needs to move on in my opinion and will probably end up like Byers, Byers in fairness is the better of the two.

1 assist and 0 goals (including missing some sitters) in 10 games with a further 7 games missed with a hamstring injury over a 10 week period tells me that we could do far better. The kid has pace and he has good positioning but he has absolutely no composure when its time to put in the cross or finish off a move.

In theory composure can be coached but add in missing almost half of his games for us in what has effectively been a 6 month long trial...

Added to the above the fact that we should have Parker and Ginnelly and Abdulai fully fit again for pre season would mean a good mix of a senior pro on each wing and two younger wingers who can both play on both sides. And thats if you don't consider Congreve or Ogbeta (who it seems we are going to let go and may have been better suited to being a winger than a full back or wing back)

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back