• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The most watched telly on Christmas Day

I'm surprised anyone watches terrestrial television much these days.

Don't think i watched one show on normal tv yesterday, and haven't so far today either.

In fairness, she didn't have much competition, yet another serving of drab, turgid, dross from both ITV and BBC. And the others weren't much cop either.🤔

Imagine stil watching regular TV :lol:

Christmas TV has been utter rubbish for at least 15 years now.

Why the BBC devotes 90 minutes to Call the fucking Midwife every Christmas is beyond me. It veers between being indescribably twee, incredibly gruesome and throughly depressing.

It's prime time on Boxing Day and BBC1 are showing fkn sewing.... FFS! Unbelievable.

BrynCartwright said:
It's prime time on Boxing Day and BBC1 are showing fkn sewing.... FFS! Unbelievable.
Couldn't believe my eyes Bryn, pathetic. The Beeb seriously need to up their game.

I watched Bottom "Holy" episode as I do every xmas night, probably the best one ever, I laughed my head off

Abysmal viewing, majority of the Country in lockdown, and us old farts are expected too watch "the wheel" ffs make them pay and dish up dross!

Monty said:

I don't have any other sort of TV but I've almost always got something better to do than watch any sort of TV anyway.

karnataka said:
Monty said:

I don't have any other sort of TV but I've almost always got something better to do than watch any sort of TV anyway.

If you haven't got a Smart TV get a Roku, Chromecast or a firestick. They'll connect to your internet and give you more options, 90% of which are free.

TV goes off in my house at 9pm these days if not before.
Exceptions only for when the Swans are on or something worth watching.
We got sick and tired of it being on for the sake of it.

Monty said:
karnataka said:

If you haven't got a Smart TV get a Roku, Chromecast or a firestick. They'll connect to your internet and give you more options, 90% of which are free.

Thank you for the tip but it's not a case of not watching TV due to a lack of viewing options, I regard watching TV as something you do when you haven't got anything to do and 99 times out of i100 I can probably find something far more productive or interesting to do. I'm just not a TV person. I do watch football and occasionally some comedy but that's about it. Oh, I do like Abandoned Engineering on the Yesterday channel but I series record that and watch it when I haven't got anything else to do. I do have some DVDs which are all live concerts by my favourite bands and I've watched quite a few during 2020 as there haven't been any live gigs to go to. I bought a Samsung TV for one of our spare bedrooms about 4-5 years ago which may well be a smart TV but if it is, that wasn't why I bought it. I don't have Sky or Netflix and couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was or when but at a guess, it probably wasn't in the last decade.

karnataka said:
Monty said:

Thank you for the tip but it's not a case of not watching TV due to a lack of viewing options, I regard watching TV as something you do when you haven't got anything to do and 99 times out of i100 I can probably find something far more productive or interesting to do. I'm just not a TV person. I do watch football and occasionally some comedy but that's about it. Oh, I do like Abandoned Engineering on the Yesterday channel but I series record that and watch it when I haven't got anything else to do. I do have some DVDs which are all live concerts by my favourite bands and I've watched quite a few during 2020 as there haven't been any live gigs to go to. I bought a Samsung TV for one of our spare bedrooms about 4-5 years ago which may well be a smart TV but if it is, that wasn't why I bought it. I don't have Sky or Netflix and couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was or when but at a guess, it probably wasn't in the last decade.

Netflix is worth it for Breaking Bad and Narcos alone. Oh and Better Call Saul. Magnifico!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back