• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

The new arena

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jackfath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 52
  • Views Views: Views 14,525
Muteswan said:
Jackfath said:
Which would sell out that arena?

That was not your opening question, you asked, what would we like to see there?
It would depend on what jazz was there. George Benson could sell it out easily. He’s playing St. David’s Hall in June next year. Do you think he’ll fill that? Capacity 2000. No problem.

I'm keeping the thread fluid, man. Regarding George, therein lies the problem. Would George's promoters prefer him to sell out 2000 seats in Cardiff, or come to a new 3500 arena 50 odd miles further away from the bigger city. Time will tell.
 
Jackfath said:
Muteswan said:
That was not your opening question, you asked, what would we like to see there?
It would depend on what jazz was there. George Benson could sell it out easily. He’s playing St. David’s Hall in June next year. Do you think he’ll fill that? Capacity 2000. No problem.

I'm keeping the thread fluid, man. Regarding George, therein lies the problem. Would George's promoters prefer him to sell out 2000 seats in Cardiff, or come to a new 3500 arena 50 odd miles further away from the bigger city. Time will tell.

I’d like to think so, “ If you build it they will come” great quote from the film Field of Dreams. Have faith, Fath.
 
Muteswan said:
Jackfath said:
I'm keeping the thread fluid, man. Regarding George, therein lies the problem. Would George's promoters prefer him to sell out 2000 seats in Cardiff, or come to a new 3500 arena 50 odd miles further away from the bigger city. Time will tell.

I’d like to think so, “ If you build it they will come” great quote from the film Field of Dreams. Have faith, Fath.

I'll come to the Jazz with you and you can come to the Darts with me. You're not going to come backstage with me and Darran at the Cheap Trick gig though.
 
Jackfath said:
Muteswan said:
I’d like to think so, “ If you build it they will come” great quote from the film Field of Dreams. Have faith, Fath.

I'll come to the Jazz with you and you can come to the Darts with me. You're not going to come backstage with me and Darran at the Cheap Trick gig though.

I’m ok with the first sentence but Cheap Trick, it would have to be extremely cheap for me to go and see them. 😁
 
Muteswan said:
Jackfath said:
I'll come to the Jazz with you and you can come to the Darts with me. You're not going to come backstage with me and Darran at the Cheap Trick gig though.

I’m ok with the first sentence but Cheap Trick, it would have to be extremely cheap for me to go and see them. 😁

Prick. 🙄
 
Muteswan said:
Jackfath said:
Which would sell out that arena?

George Benson could sell it out easily. He’s playing St. David’s Hall in June next year. Do you think he’ll fill that? Capacity 2000. No problem.


Maybe, in your eyes, but for others darts is the greatest love of all, even if their eyesight isn't 20/20. If in doubt just ask them if Ilfracombe is visible beyond the sea.
 
Jackfath said:
What events would you like to see there. Realisically given its location and size, what do you think we'll be able to see?

I'd like to see a darts event as they always look great fun on the TV. A few top comedians too.

I went to the darts and it wasn’t very good. Couldn’t see the board unless close up, the beer was shyte and over priced and the novelty factor soon wore off.
 
Cooperman said:
Jackfath said:
What events would you like to see there. Realisically given its location and size, what do you think we'll be able to see?

I'd like to see a darts event as they always look great fun on the TV. A few top comedians too.

I went to the darts and it wasn’t very good. Couldn’t see the board unless close up, the beer was shyte and over priced and the novelty factor soon wore off.

Was great when I went 10 years ago, was shit when I went 2 years ago. Maybe it's changed, maybe we have? Still enjoy it on tv.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top