• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Play-Off Semi-Final (2nd Leg) Brentford FC (0) vs Swansea City FC (1) Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackFish said:
Wouldn't change anything either, I think Naughton's a better fullback than Roberts but Roberts has been doing well in the wingback role so keep him in.
Roberts has been excellent of late.

Our Sian on the line......

Keep your eyes on the bench, and watch the niggles and a couple of hard challenges early on, on a couple of our players, hoping for a reaction.

Keep your heads boys, and keep the run going YJB

sainthelens said:
I'll kick this off by asking....is this gonna be decided by Watkins/Benrahma v Andre/Rhian?
Plus an even bigger battle on the touchline with the 2 benches.

It's gonna be decided by the referee. Franks has been working on it the last couple of days.

Itchysphincter said:
sainthelens said:
I'll kick this off by asking....is this gonna be decided by Watkins/Benrahma v Andre/Rhian?

It's gonna be decided by the referee. Franks has been working on it the last couple of days.

Premier league ref for this one

Excited and nervous in equal degrees, sh*tting bricks already................

Good luck you Swans tonight. This will be a toughie - the most important factor, I fear, is them playing their last game there. No fans there is therefore a big plus for us.

So proud of our performances of late - a pleasure to watch and football-wise it feels like we are back. It's not how you start, but how you finish, so whatever happens this bodes very well for next season. COYS

Game days and my butterflies are fluttering. We've got to play the game and not the occasion; I think we're already ahead in the mind games and we must keep it that way. We cannot afford to get sucked into rash decisions and challenges that hurt us on the pitch. Cooper has been here before with his U17's so this is hopefully an advantage.

Its worth noting how unlikely us progressing through the playoffs actually is. Supposing we make it through tonight, we have a Herculean task waiting for us.
There are some grains of encouragement however. Both of our defeats vs Fulham could be construed as unlucky. We have shown in the first leg that we can beat a team that beat us twice in the league.
Tonight,
1) I feel the first 20 mins will be huge. Keep it tight and keep 11 men on the pitch.
2)Get to half time still the game.
3) Do the shake and vac, to put the freshness back.
4)Errr
5) Thats it

Thats my two cents.

Captain_Sham said:
Its worth noting how unlikely us progressing through the playoffs actually is. Supposing we make it through tonight, we have a Herculean task waiting for us.
There are some grains of encouragement however. Both of our defeats vs Fulham could be construed as unlucky. We have shown in the first leg that we can beat a team that beat us twice in the league.
Tonight,
1) I feel the first 20 mins will be huge. Keep it tight and keep 11 men on the pitch.
2)Get to half time still the game.
3) Do the shake and vac, to put the freshness back.
4)Errr
5) Thats it

Thats my two cents.

Yes, but much more likely than a week or even 4 days ago :D

If we get through tonight then the final is usually a nerve-racking lottery of a game, with a flukey goal settling things ... so everything to play for.

sainthelens said:

Probably.
While we know Brentford is capable of doing number on us we also saw on Sunday we could put the result beyond doubt by half time.
I have a nasty feeling the refereeing will go their way following the shocking decision to let Henry play, a preference for an all London final and Frank's bullying.

Badlands said:
sainthelens said:

Probably.
While we know Brentford is capable of doing number on us we also saw on Sunday we could put the result beyond doubt by half time.
I have a nasty feeling the refereeing will go their way following the shocking decision to let Henry play, a preference for an all London final and Frank's bullying.
I've a sneaky feeling that his bullying tactic to get the card overturned could well work against them. One thing PL refs have is an ego, and the thought of being bullied by some fckn foreign upstart who's basically unknown won't wash. Just gotta make sure we don't dive in with stupid tackles. The tw@t has done our team talk for us, he basically thinks we've no right to be on the same pitch. This is Brentford FFS!

We'll be on our own tonight.

The football masses of the UK and beyond will all be rooting for Brentford, the team that
* has never been in the Premier League,
* should have had automatic promotion
* play the best football in the division
* play their last game at their famous old ground.

Well I say fackem.

Let's just finish the job and shut Frank's mighty gob.

COYS

This game can’t come quick enough. I’m a bundle of nerves and resigned to failure.

I think with it being their last ever game at Griffin Park they’re destined to win... like we were against Shrewsbury.

I wouldn’t have begrudged Brentford promotion this season... I think they’ve been the best team in the league. But after their antics this week, the attitude of their manager and fans, then I want their last ever game at their ground to end up being a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back